Kickoff Week Events      You Pick The Team      Roster      Watch Games Online   

Photo

Tomb Raider

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm thinking about picking the new Tomb Raider up next Tuesday. The reviews it has been getting so far are fantastic. I wasn't really into it before, but with the recreation of Lara into a more serious character I'm definitely intrigued. I'm hoping it's like Uncharted.

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Alright I picked this up for my spring break game. I'm like 2 hours in and enjoying it so far. Lara feels like a complete character, decent story seems to be developing, and it's fun to play.

#3 Jaydoog

Jaydoog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

it is in for GOTY imo

#4 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

It has a much more dark and serious tone than the Uncharted games, although I think they're similar in gameplay. I appreciate that they took the time to develop a story and make Lara a respectable character instead of just boobs with guns.

#5 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Just beat it, fantastic game. The story is a bit cliche, although I guessed the big twist fairly early on. Good exploration, lots of things to do, the combat was fun. The managed to do a 3rd person cover based combat without locking you into chest high walls, which was a nice change. Solid start to the Tomb Raider reboot, I don't feel bad about giving it a 9/10.

#6 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Anyone remember's Lara's butler?!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>