Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Draft Rumor Mill

113 posts in this topic

We’ll round up rumors and reports about visits, interviews and workouts leading up the draft.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Draft-Rumor-Mill/e786ea08-d0aa-4801-b36a-007fa2e95015]View the full article[/url]

I like all of these.. Rumors

Hopefully we get at least 2 of these players... maybe more

I wou like 2 of these DE/OLB's at least

or Tavon Austin and a LB

Would love to trade up in front of New England to grab Tavon Austin!! Paybacks a female dog Bellechek!!

We just won the SB with the receivers we have. Q is money and Torrey is a future pro-bowler. We can grab one in the middle or late rounds maybe. We have other more pressing needs than receiver.

[quote name='Jfravens' timestamp='1362005700' post='1371654']
Am i the only one That dont want Teo in the ravens?
[/quote]nope me too .

Ya know, If Ozzy and Eric and Harbs, etc. go for Te'o, you're gonna hafta get over it and say your prayers that they know what they're doing. And history shows us that the Raven Brain Trust makes few mistakes.

[quote name='Jfravens' timestamp='1362005700' post='1371654']
Am i the only one That dont want Teo in the ravens?
[/quote]

I'm not for drafting him but if he drops far enough, he could prove to be a bargain.

I am another that is not on the Te'o bandwagon. I watched the entire combine, twice and I see way better players than Manti.I also saw John Harbaugh shaking his head when he ran the 40, did anyone else see that video?

Margus Hunt all the way. He is a freak of nature who is only gonna get better. It is deep with LBs and DL. And did anyone notice the S DJ Swearinger? He is definitely a Raven type.

Not really opposed in drafting Te'o, but I don't care either way. I think Tyrann Mathieu is gonna be a good pick up in the mid rounds. We have outstanding leaders in our locker room that can help the kid and Reed also reached out for him. But who knows.... In Ozzie we trust!!

[quote name='shorefan' timestamp='1362025570' post='1371972']
Margus Hunt all the way. He is a freak of nature who is only gonna get better. It is deep with LBs and DL. And did anyone notice the S DJ Swearinger? He is definitely a Raven type.
[/quote]

Margus hunt is a monster and I would really love to see him in a ravens uniform. The guy could become a great swatter in the line because he is freakin tall. He blocked a ton of kicks in college too.

Kevin Minter and Kevin Reddick could potentionally be our starters if ellerbe isnt satisfied with the money

Honestly i dont care about anyone else after watching Margus Hunts highlights this kid is a monster i hope we draft him with the 32nd pick !!!!

any of these players would be a welcome addition to the ravens . My opinion on the whole te'o thing I'm neutral either way it would be nice to draft players with no issues other then they are good football players so they can concentrate on just playing football . no substance abuse , no assualts, no anything but good football skills.

I like Tavon Austin. The rule changes favor offenses and I think he is a game changing threat. He has to be high on the Ravens list based on talent and physical skills.

I know Margus Hunt is 28, but his body doesn't have the football years of a normal player. I would take a risk on him. He's gonna unleash chaos into this league.

Edit: After a quick Google search, he is 25, almost 26. Why do people keep saying he's 28? o.O

Anyway, yeah Margus Hunt! Woooo.

When pick #32 is on the clock and none of the players we hoped to get are available...We gotta draft Margus Hunt!!!!! Playing in our defensive system and with some guidance from Suggs and company in a short matter of time we could be saying J.J. Watt who?

Sounds a lot like the Ravens plan to trade their first round pick and pick up additional 3rd & 4th round picks.

God, Margus Hunt is a highlights machine. But he is rising up in the draft boards of teams and will probably gone by 32. A trade up? or yea trading down is possible. I trust ozzie and he always ends up making more good decisions than bad.

With due respect to the "best player available" principle, I have a tremendously hard time imgining us taking a WR in the first round - even if Tavon Austin was available and he was the best player on our board. WR is so not an issue on our roster compared to some other positions that even if he happens to still be available when we're on the clock, I doubt we'd pick him: we'd either go with a defensive player or trade with a WR-needy franchise for an early-second round pick plus a fourth- or fifth-round pick.

But I think the guy will be off the board at pick #32, so this whole point is moot.

[quote name='ken_j' timestamp='1362085971' post='1372562']
Sounds a lot like the Ravens plan to trade their first round pick and pick up additional 3rd & 4th round picks.
[/quote]

For Ozzie, it's always a strong possibility. Just like last year, this would be my guess for this time, too. The late-first round/early second round half projected players (roughly picks #20-#40) seem to be one big mass of similar value players. If you don't have one particular player to go after, there's simply no reason not to trade for an early-second-round pick if an offer comes in.

bio

Suggs and Margus Hunt from either side, Ngata up the middle... other teams better pray we don't get him, or it's gonna be brutal.

Would Hunt play a 5 Technique (Don't we have a few of those already?)and on which side? Or would they try to stand him up in Kruger's spot? Has he ever played standing up? Right now I can only see Hunt as a left side DE, is that what you guy have in mind?

I would love to get Hunt because he is a freak and would be impossible for just one lineman to stop but he should be gone by pick 20. If still there, I would love to see Ziggy Ansah get picked up. Seeing him and McAdoo on opposite sides being both 6-5 and 6-7, your talking about much smaller windows for QBs to pass through for those short and intermediate routes.

Considering how deep this draft is, it would be smart for Ozzie to trade down a bit, possibly picking up an extra pick or two. As far as who the Ravens draft... IMO the biggest "?" is FS. Is Reed coming back or is he moving on to greener pastures as they say? Depending on Reed staying/going, I would go after the Reid in the Draft from LSU. Unless Ozzie believes that Te'o can play a vital role in the defensive scheme and pick him up later in the draft (which I am not a proponent of in any means... he looked awful against Alabama).

[quote name='Jitamon' timestamp='1362023219' post='1371941']
I am another that is not on the Te'o bandwagon. I watched the entire combine, twice and I see way better players than Manti.I also saw John Harbaugh shaking his head when he ran the 40, did anyone else see that video?
[/quote]

You mean you saw players who performed in drills way better than Manti...

[quote name='ken_j' timestamp='1362085971' post='1372562']
[/quote]

Sounds a lot like you're assuming and projecting something that hasn't been said at all...

Saw in a recent mock draft Margus Hunt going as high as Indianapolis 1st round. If he is there at 32, I think Ozzie would be hard pressed not to take a long hard look at the 6'8 "Eastern Block".

to Jitamon in this post to bmore_kman, look that video up. Te'o gets 20 yards into his 40 and coach is shaking his head no! So forget it! He's almost as overrated as Tim Tebow. Tavon Austin would be awesome but he will not be there. I saw Hunt only at the combine and you could not help but be impressed. He is an athlete. He looked amazing but according to some of the scouting reports i've read he was not as amazing at SMU as he was at the combine. I saw Khaseem Greene, lb, Rutgers, play every game over his career and he is a can't miss player. He will become a fan favorite whever he goes and would be perfect for the Ravens because he's great and very flexible.

I really like DJ Swearinger. Maybe we could trade out of the first round for a high second round pick and another pick and grab him. We could certainly use some depth at safety.

Both kids from FSU are high motor and will help our pass rush. Reddick out of UNC is ball player too. Margus Hunt is physically in the mold of a JJ Watt, but he is a project. With good coaching and the right attitude he could become a beast. Austin is lightning in a bottle, and may not have the height that you are looking for, but he will make up for it with is ability to make plays after the catch.

Here's why I think we have a great shot at getting Hunt and why he should become a Raven at Pick 32.

1. Freakish Athlete: look at his combine stats. He ran a 4.6 40 for a defensive lineman. 38 Reps on the bench...that combination of size, strength, and speed is unreal and poses a true threat to opposing right tackles.

2. By watching a number of his game tapes, his explosiveness really holds true in the game, it's not just a fast 40 at the combine. On numerous snaps, he simply explodes past the tackle and makes a blindside sack.

3. He has a great eye for the quarterback. Again on his game tape, he uses momentum created from the Tackle forcing him outside to sweep the QB out or crush him.

4. He plays tall and big, using his size to create a large range of deflection.

OLB is a pressing issue with Kruger potentially (and I think Most Likely) gone...I'd like to get an awesome value pick here and have the next JJ Watt in Purple and Black.

I agree with bmorecity ravens on Hunt he has a great upside, I like M Elam a Safety out of Fl. In first round, and Sio Moore in Second round,and then maybe Akeem Spence DT in third

if tavon austin drops to 32, which he won't, i believe he is automatically the BPA and i dont care what our needs are, talon austin will fill future needs for us, and he is a hometown kid with a great attitude, and a standout playmaker, and his speed and quickness in the slot makes him a fit for our offense. if hes available at 32 he should be a no brainer and would take our offense to the next level. sadly he probably wont b.e available, but margus hunt has a high chance to be there at 32, and if hes there and we dont take him, i will be sorely disappointed. this guy combines jj watt, aldon smith, and jared allen type talents to make him a steal at 32. the size of jj watt, speed and explosiveness of aldon smith, and a rare combination of power and quickness, and a nose for the qb that we only see from players like jared allen, margus hunt is the real deal, a massive, violent, explosive defender that is big enough to play 3-4 DE, and athletic enough for 3-4 rush LB, make him a raven. but as i said earlier, if tavon austin is there, idc what our needs are, that guy shouldnt be passed up

I love LB Kevin Reddick out of UNC>... he would be a steal as a 4th rounder!

Eric Reid, S out of LSU

Carradin... would be an interesting pickup!

@BmoreCityRavens I think Margus hunt is great as well but he seems like his best fit is a 4-3 d.e . He doesn't come off as a 3-4 end . He might be good as a 3-4 olb but certainly looks like a 4-3 end and might be less likely to be our pick because his most potential is at a position that doesn't fit our scheme . But he certainly a athletic freak with big upside

Teo would have been a 1st round pick last year and has been an amazing college player; I think he is better than his combine showed. Our #1 priority should be Ellerbe, which could lead to Ellerbe and Teo as our starting ILB's!
I don't think Hunt fits our scheme too well (4-3 DE), but would still be stoked for his potential if we decide to pick him first. If we lose Reed, a saftey such as Reid, Swearinger, or Johnathan Cyprien (if he has a good pro day) would be a good pick to solidifiy the secondary. I think we can get a solid DT in the second or third round with a draft so deep at the postion. Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern State would be a huge steal in the 3rd round. Provides great run support and pass rush.

It's amazing how stacked this draft is on defense the minute we sure up our offense for years to come and lose some key players on defense. Ozzie must actually be a wizard.

I'm starting to think that Ozzie may be thinking of trading up and not back in this years draft!!