Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Draft Rumor Mill

113 posts in this topic

We’ll round up rumors and reports about visits, interviews and workouts leading up the draft.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Draft-Rumor-Mill/e786ea08-d0aa-4801-b36a-007fa2e95015]View the full article[/url]

I like all of these.. Rumors

Hopefully we get at least 2 of these players... maybe more

I wou like 2 of these DE/OLB's at least

or Tavon Austin and a LB

Would love to trade up in front of New England to grab Tavon Austin!! Paybacks a female dog Bellechek!!

We just won the SB with the receivers we have. Q is money and Torrey is a future pro-bowler. We can grab one in the middle or late rounds maybe. We have other more pressing needs than receiver.

[quote name='Jfravens' timestamp='1362005700' post='1371654']
Am i the only one That dont want Teo in the ravens?
[/quote]nope me too .

Ya know, If Ozzy and Eric and Harbs, etc. go for Te'o, you're gonna hafta get over it and say your prayers that they know what they're doing. And history shows us that the Raven Brain Trust makes few mistakes.

[quote name='Jfravens' timestamp='1362005700' post='1371654']
Am i the only one That dont want Teo in the ravens?
[/quote]

I'm not for drafting him but if he drops far enough, he could prove to be a bargain.

I am another that is not on the Te'o bandwagon. I watched the entire combine, twice and I see way better players than Manti.I also saw John Harbaugh shaking his head when he ran the 40, did anyone else see that video?

Margus Hunt all the way. He is a freak of nature who is only gonna get better. It is deep with LBs and DL. And did anyone notice the S DJ Swearinger? He is definitely a Raven type.

Not really opposed in drafting Te'o, but I don't care either way. I think Tyrann Mathieu is gonna be a good pick up in the mid rounds. We have outstanding leaders in our locker room that can help the kid and Reed also reached out for him. But who knows.... In Ozzie we trust!!

[quote name='shorefan' timestamp='1362025570' post='1371972']
Margus Hunt all the way. He is a freak of nature who is only gonna get better. It is deep with LBs and DL. And did anyone notice the S DJ Swearinger? He is definitely a Raven type.
[/quote]

Margus hunt is a monster and I would really love to see him in a ravens uniform. The guy could become a great swatter in the line because he is freakin tall. He blocked a ton of kicks in college too.

Kevin Minter and Kevin Reddick could potentionally be our starters if ellerbe isnt satisfied with the money

Honestly i dont care about anyone else after watching Margus Hunts highlights this kid is a monster i hope we draft him with the 32nd pick !!!!

any of these players would be a welcome addition to the ravens . My opinion on the whole te'o thing I'm neutral either way it would be nice to draft players with no issues other then they are good football players so they can concentrate on just playing football . no substance abuse , no assualts, no anything but good football skills.

I like Tavon Austin. The rule changes favor offenses and I think he is a game changing threat. He has to be high on the Ravens list based on talent and physical skills.

I know Margus Hunt is 28, but his body doesn't have the football years of a normal player. I would take a risk on him. He's gonna unleash chaos into this league.

Edit: After a quick Google search, he is 25, almost 26. Why do people keep saying he's 28? o.O

Anyway, yeah Margus Hunt! Woooo.

When pick #32 is on the clock and none of the players we hoped to get are available...We gotta draft Margus Hunt!!!!! Playing in our defensive system and with some guidance from Suggs and company in a short matter of time we could be saying J.J. Watt who?

Sounds a lot like the Ravens plan to trade their first round pick and pick up additional 3rd & 4th round picks.

God, Margus Hunt is a highlights machine. But he is rising up in the draft boards of teams and will probably gone by 32. A trade up? or yea trading down is possible. I trust ozzie and he always ends up making more good decisions than bad.

With due respect to the "best player available" principle, I have a tremendously hard time imgining us taking a WR in the first round - even if Tavon Austin was available and he was the best player on our board. WR is so not an issue on our roster compared to some other positions that even if he happens to still be available when we're on the clock, I doubt we'd pick him: we'd either go with a defensive player or trade with a WR-needy franchise for an early-second round pick plus a fourth- or fifth-round pick.

But I think the guy will be off the board at pick #32, so this whole point is moot.

[quote name='ken_j' timestamp='1362085971' post='1372562']
Sounds a lot like the Ravens plan to trade their first round pick and pick up additional 3rd & 4th round picks.
[/quote]

For Ozzie, it's always a strong possibility. Just like last year, this would be my guess for this time, too. The late-first round/early second round half projected players (roughly picks #20-#40) seem to be one big mass of similar value players. If you don't have one particular player to go after, there's simply no reason not to trade for an early-second-round pick if an offer comes in.

bio

Suggs and Margus Hunt from either side, Ngata up the middle... other teams better pray we don't get him, or it's gonna be brutal.

Would Hunt play a 5 Technique (Don't we have a few of those already?)and on which side? Or would they try to stand him up in Kruger's spot? Has he ever played standing up? Right now I can only see Hunt as a left side DE, is that what you guy have in mind?