Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens May Eye Pass Rusher Early

42 posts in this topic

The Ravens are looking to add a pass rusher, and there could be some premier targets available.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-May-Eye-Pass-Rusher-Early/f377ad5b-f642-477e-b6bc-53052c213ae2]View the full article[/url]

Let's go for a taller pass rusher. If anything they can get their hands up and tip a few passes.

Hopefully Mike Mcadoo 6'7" 245lbs will be healthy this year for us! He is a freak as well D/OLB. Dont forget about our practice squad guys stepping up! Tommy Streeter (WR), Adrian Hamilton (LB), Bobby Rainey (RB), Ramon Harewood. All of these guys on PS could help fill holes for us next season!

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1361994677' post='1371467']
Dion Jordan's a great player the Ravens would have the steal of the draft if he drops to 32
[/quote]

He will not be anywhere near the 32nd pick

[quote name='Eat Sleep-N-Breath Purple' timestamp='1361994697' post='1371468']
Hopefully Mike Mcadoo 6'7" 245lbs will be healthy this year for us! He is a freak as well D/OLB. Dont forget about our practice squad guys stepping up! Tommy Streeter (WR), Adrian Hamilton (LB), Bobby Rainey (RB), Ramon Harewood. All of these guys on PS could help fill holes for us next season!
[/quote]

I believe the only one in this group I can see having potential is McAdoo.

I would ultimately prefer to have Kruger back but I don't think he will be willing to take what we will be able to offer him.

I'm not going to act like we have the number 17TH and 23RD picks! So, wishing we get one of the marquis Hybrid DE pass rushers is like spitting in the wind! lol

We best look for s steal down the line and take that number 32nd pick and sure up the O or D lines!

So many directions we can go for this upcoming April's NFL Draft. Should be some interesting readings these next several months.

Go Ravens !!

Potentially losing Paul and Sizzle still in recovery (hopefully can be fully speed in 2013) so this would make sense. We've been looking for a guy to pair with Sizzle for years but now he's 30 and coming off an Achilles injury.

There will be plenty of talent available when we pick, and even better talent if we trade up a time or 2 so we can get who we want instead of who is available.

If Dion Jordan got hit by a car it would be highly unlikely for him fall to the 32nd pick. We would have to trade up almost no doubt.

Dion Jordan, all the way... I know I'm banking on his injury concern for him to slide back...

but your looking at a Player who other then Jarvis Jones is Projected to be best Defensive Player in draft..

a pototype 3-4 DE/OLB ... Von Miller, T-Sizzle esque

Same with Jarvid Jones DE/OLB, Mel Kiper JR. NO.1 overall highest rated player Prototype 3-4 DE/OLB... Von Miller T-Sizzle type.... Sack Machine

he is sliding over concerns of spinal issues..

if either of these dudes fall to around 20 I would go up and get them...

Ziggy Ansah, Alex Okafor, Dion Jordan, Malliciah Goodman, Margus Hunt, Khaseeme Greene, Sam Montgomery, Bjoern Werner, all memorable names and all good choices for the Ravens at least IMO.

There is no way Jordan falls to us at 32... Margus Hunt (same body type) might be there!?! "might"... That's If we even wanna go that route... Whoever Ozzie and the FO decides to pick is a ok with me!

Since there are so many good players later in the draft don't be surprised if the Ravens trade out of the first round again.

I'd much rather see Hamilton step up off of the Practice Squad and get his reps in during the season, as opposed to drafting Te'o. For whatever reason, I do not get a good feelin about him.

Speaking of which, has Michael McAddo finally gotten healthy, we've seen nothing from him at all because of injuries so why not? Let's not forget more play time for DeAngelo Tyson too.

Not opposed to drafting Te'o though.

Wasn't Upshaw supposed to be the pass rusher? Why don't we give him another year? Don't the Ravens have more pressing needs? Like Jesse Williams sized needs?

Hunt feels like a good choice, but I doubt even he will be there at 32. That happens when everybody can't stop saying he is a freak of nature. Which leads to some very good players at other positions being there... I trust the best available mantra. It's been working and should work again.

upshaw always seem to be a second to late getting to the qb i hope he gets a little quicker. Jordan wont get anywhere close to 32

ps: I know everybody's stressed out over who we're going to pick but I for one have no worry' Ozzie has his Super bowl,he can let it all hang out this draft take a chance[though with Ozzie it really isn't much of a gamble at all] who here doubts Ozzie knows his talent,so I say to everyone chill-out let the man do his thing,just going to be another star on his GM hall of fame resume!

Can't help remembering how different this process was last season... Seemed way more important - because this time last year there was nothing nearly as importnat arount that time. This season, however... The Super Bowl makes it all so much different... Don't get me wrong, this draft is of utmost importance, because we'll very probably have glaring holes in our lineup - still, it's so much less stressful (for us, fans at least...) to go through it as fans of the Super Bowl winner :)

bio

[quote name='T-Phizzle' timestamp='1362022230' post='1371930']
Wasn't Upshaw supposed to be the pass rusher? Why don't we give him another year? Don't the Ravens have more pressing needs? Like Jesse Williams sized needs?
[/quote]

I don't think Upshaw's status as a future starter as a pass rusher has been re-evaluated. He had a somewhat slower start to the season maybe, but I'd say he found his form for the second half of the season and the playoffs. I think if Kruger walks - and I'd be shocked (but also happy) if he didn't - we'll have the Suggs-Upshaw tandem starting.

Or is it just my thinking Upshaw did fine?

bio

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, February 28, 2013 - OT · Report post

Somewhat irrelevant here, but... just how the heck did the 49ers manage to stock up 15 picks for this draft (12 "normal" picks plus 3 compensatory picks)? Boggles the mind...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1362049459' post='1372105']
I don't think Upshaw's status as a future starter as a pass rusher has been re-evaluated. He had a somewhat slower start to the season maybe, but I'd say he found his form for the second half of the season and the playoffs. I think if Kruger walks - and I'd be shocked (but also happy) if he didn't - we'll have the Suggs-Upshaw tandem starting.

Or is it just my thinking Upshaw did fine?

bio
[/quote]

I, too, think that Courtney Upshaw is about to have a breakout year!

I suppose too many fans believe that drafted players join their respective teams and automatically excel as they did in college playing against future economists, pharmacists and civil servants! Actually, it's very much the opposite!

The first thing NFL coaches do is break down a rookie's youthful exuberance and make him "teachable"! Some get it faster than others! I'd actually say that Courtney is "on target" with the College-to-NFL Learning Curve!

Now, if anyone wants to question a player's desire versus his ability to adapt to the NFL,... I give you Sergio Kindle!

Ozzie will prevail and make the wise choices as usual. However, I do not see any way around NOT re-structuring at least 2 contracts. Probably Ngata and Suggs. The cap will not be going up until 2015. I think Boldin and Ellerbe MUST stay. Williams can go, we are deep there. Also can't forget about McKinnie.