Ravens-Redskins      LISTEN LIVE      Watch Games Online      Countdown To Kickoff   

Photo

Alex Smith traded to Kansas City

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#101 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I don't know, they are both pretty darn bad on the terrible meter. Like off the chart bad. But I suppose I just expect the Raiders to make a move like that and didn't expect it from the Chiefs.

I wouldn't call Smith terrible, it's just that he has very limited upside. If you build a foundation around him much like SF did, I think he can take his team to the playoffs. And I do believe KC is a far more talented team than their record showed last season.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#102 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Lol, I liked your little story there. That was great.

Again, I don't know. I'm really conflicted here. Perhaps I was a bit rash when I said it was worse, but these two trades are just mind-blowingly stupid.

Why do these franchises like the Niners & Patriots get deals like this? I'd love for the Ravens to trade Tyrod for a 2nd & 3rd round pick. Please...I hope Brandon22 becomes a GM on an NFL team not named the Ravens. I can only hope.

Oh I totally agree on both being stupid, it's just that if I'm trying to pick which one is more stupid, I have to go with signing a retired player who wasn't very good before he retired. I mean, it isn't like Brett Favre who at least kept putting up big numbers - Carson's been a wreck since his second surgery. Alex is at least young and healthy.

#103 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't know, they are both pretty darn bad on the terrible meter. Like off the chart bad. But I suppose I just expect the Raiders to make a move like that and didn't expect it from the Chiefs.

It's Andy Reid - when it comes to quarterbacks he has a huge ego. He thought he could stop Brett Favre from throwing picks, and he thought he could make Donovan McNabb accurate. Couldn't do either, but at least they found a way to overcome their deficiencies. When he tried to make Vick a pocket passer, he failed. Now I think he's going to try to make Alex Smith's arm the focal point of a team's offense, and I expect him to fail at that, as well.

#104 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,460 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yeah. The Raiders trade was BEYOND stupid. I'll never fully comprehend it. They suck beyond description.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#105 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,785 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I wouldn't call Smith terrible, it's just that he has very limited upside. If you build a foundation around him much like SF did, I think he can take his team to the playoffs. And I do believe KC is a far more talented team than their record showed last season.

I didn't mean Smith is terrible. The trade was.