104 replies to this topic

#101 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I don't know, they are both pretty darn bad on the terrible meter. Like off the chart bad. But I suppose I just expect the Raiders to make a move like that and didn't expect it from the Chiefs.

I wouldn't call Smith terrible, it's just that he has very limited upside. If you build a foundation around him much like SF did, I think he can take his team to the playoffs. And I do believe KC is a far more talented team than their record showed last season.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#102 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Lol, I liked your little story there. That was great.

Again, I don't know. I'm really conflicted here. Perhaps I was a bit rash when I said it was worse, but these two trades are just mind-blowingly stupid.

Why do these franchises like the Niners & Patriots get deals like this? I'd love for the Ravens to trade Tyrod for a 2nd & 3rd round pick. Please...I hope Brandon22 becomes a GM on an NFL team not named the Ravens. I can only hope.

Oh I totally agree on both being stupid, it's just that if I'm trying to pick which one is more stupid, I have to go with signing a retired player who wasn't very good before he retired. I mean, it isn't like Brett Favre who at least kept putting up big numbers - Carson's been a wreck since his second surgery. Alex is at least young and healthy.

#103 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't know, they are both pretty darn bad on the terrible meter. Like off the chart bad. But I suppose I just expect the Raiders to make a move like that and didn't expect it from the Chiefs.

It's Andy Reid - when it comes to quarterbacks he has a huge ego. He thought he could stop Brett Favre from throwing picks, and he thought he could make Donovan McNabb accurate. Couldn't do either, but at least they found a way to overcome their deficiencies. When he tried to make Vick a pocket passer, he failed. Now I think he's going to try to make Alex Smith's arm the focal point of a team's offense, and I expect him to fail at that, as well.

#104 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yeah. The Raiders trade was BEYOND stupid. I'll never fully comprehend it. They suck beyond description.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#105 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,077 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I wouldn't call Smith terrible, it's just that he has very limited upside. If you build a foundation around him much like SF did, I think he can take his team to the playoffs. And I do believe KC is a far more talented team than their record showed last season.

I didn't mean Smith is terrible. The trade was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users