Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] 5 Combine Freaks

25 posts in this topic

These were the top performers in the various drills at the combine.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/5-Combine-Freaks/d209723c-834c-425c-b5e3-0e993fc109cc]View the full article[/url]

Mark my words. You heard it here first. Margus Hunt is a Jason Pierre-Paul clone waiting to happen. If he lands with the right team, he will be giving Qb's fits for years to come. Just remember, you heard it here first.

Hunt was a beast at the combine not sure what his negatives are .Flyod looked like he was 120 pounds . fast agile and i can see him looking good in purple . not sure how the draft works in terms of where each player can be drafted but if at all possible lets get both of these guys .

Marquise Goodwin is one of the prospects that I truly believe that will shine. No matter what happens, Marquise Goodwin, Dj Swearinger, and Chase Thomas are all extremely good at special teams. I'd say prospects that are fantastic at special teams and projected high for their defensive or offensive positions are at the top of Ozzie and Decosta's board. I understand we need to help the middle of the defense but we don't necesarilly have to go through the draft to fix all the problems. If we could land those three, I would say that our team would benefit greatly in all three phases, especially special teams which is Harbaughs gig.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1361983998' post='1371267']
Hunt was a beast at the combine not sure what his negatives are .Flyod looked like he was 120 pounds . fast agile and i can see him looking good in purple . not sure how the draft works in terms of where each player can be drafted but if at all possible lets get both of these guys .
[/quote]we will be extremely lucky to grab one two impossible

Bold Prediction for this draft. The Ravens will find an offensive gem in the 2nd or later rounds. Defense will improve immediately with moderately long term success, offense will benefit a long way down the road.

I'd turn that DT Margus Hunt into a TE. What linebacker could cover him and what safety could bring him down? He would stiff-arm them right into the stands.

Hunt is the size of the "Mad Stork" Ted Hendricks, and he was a bad [profanity deleted] LB, and I doubt he could put up 225 38 times or run the 40 the fast

I don't know if I Would draft Margus Hunt he's pretty raw and hasn't been playing too long and he's already 25 so that might limit his upside then again I'm not a NFL Scout

I like Goodwin he can fly he would be a good addition if Jones becomes a cap causality

I do not put much stock into the combine. All these events are done with no football gear on. I prefer to just use it as a way to keep football around. Nothing is more important than how they PLAY football. The combine is more of a reality show than anything.

[quote name='black blood purple passion' timestamp='1361986373' post='1371301']
Hunts 220, we don't need a 6'8" safety.
[/quote]

Actually, Hunt is 277. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/margus-hunt?id=2539310

People said the same things about Jason Pierre-Paul that they are about Margus Hunt. That guy is a freak of nature, and he can be coached. He's got the raw skills, speed and strength. Let's go get him and give him pads with a neck roll.. wouldn't that be terrifying?

[quote name='TFuller3' timestamp='1361996752' post='1371504']
Actually, Hunt is 277. [url="http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/margus-hunt?id=2539310"]http://www.nfl.com/c...hunt?id=2539310[/url]
[/quote]

Oh I read 227 for some reason. Maybe there was a typo. My apologies. We definitely could use a nice 277 pound 3-4 DE. I don't know what I think about taking him in round 1 though.

I can't understand why a guy with Armstead's speed and build is playing offensive lineman. You'd expect a guy with wheel like that and the kind of acceleration and explosiveness he showed to be rushing the passer.

How about my boys from Arkansas', Chris Gragg TE, and Knile Davis RB. Could pick them up in the 3rd round and beyond, but they both will provide match up nightmares. Gragg has receiver speed at TE, similar to Vernon Davis. Pitta will be a namesake with our roster, but i'm not sure about Dickson yet. Just a thought.

Hunt is 25 and raw,but he is a BEAST of a Man.Wouldn't take him in the first,but possibly in the second he is too Raw to take in the first also a little to old.Would be excited to have him as a Raven.Just his ability to block kicks is a great attribute.Can you imagine Hunt and Mike MCadoo on our Dline?They would be knocking down everything with there height!!Plus Hunt has a great name to go with our Defense as Ray and Sizzle like to say keep hunting!! lol