Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/27: Joe Flacco Mindful Of Ravens Cap Crunch

86 posts in this topic

Plus Jacoby gets a dancing partner and odds of winning, Steelers’ differing offseason plan.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-227-Joe-Flacco-Mindful-Of-Ravens-Cap-Crunch/c23c4a33-206f-4147-85a9-32045367ea18]View the full article[/url]

I understand it's that time of year but all these articles about what the FO should do and what the squeelers are doing are pointless. The FO will do what they have always done and make the team the best it can be for the money they have.

Hard to believe Joe Linta can say they do not want to weaken the team and cost roster cuts and still believe Flacco can be the highest paid QB. Maybe Linta expects the offense to stay together but the defense can field new LBs and Safeties and CB.

I couldn't care less what Flacco's contract averages. He can have 20 mill for all I care. Just make sure, that it is a well structured contract, that lasts long.

they should back load joes contract. buy the time he gets to his high dollar years, the cap will have evened out with what he's getting paid

hmm, the LFW link on twitter just said Ravens not pursuing a pre free agency deal with McKinnie, then was taken down. Hope that means they're trying to work out a short term deal with him.

[quote name='dwhravens' timestamp='1361979024' post='1371204'] hmm, the LFW link on twitter just said Ravens not pursuing a pre free agency deal with McKinnie, then was taken down. Hope that means they're trying to work out a short term deal with him. [/quote]

Big Mac's a bargain!

[quote name='RaRaRavens' timestamp='1361977600' post='1371193'] keep in mind, that Linta's commission size depends on Flacco's deal. [/quote]

Show me the money!

[quote name='RisingandConquering' timestamp='1361978301' post='1371200'] When they stop talking then I will get worried. If they are still talking then both sides probably feel that they will be able to work something out. [/quote]

The whole deal will iron out once they get by the initial shock of paying 50 or 60 million dollars of guaranteed money. I don't see the length of the deal going beyond 5 or 6 years or the total value being beyond the range of 100 to 120 million.

Ravens not pursuing a McKinnie deal pre-free agency. Talks with Flacco continue, more with Ellerbe ahead: http://t.co/dG5Ifdpc7R -- Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) sorry I was mistaken. It was this tweet from la canfora

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1361977392' post='1371190'] I couldn't care less what Flacco's contract averages. He can have 20 mill for all I care. Just make sure, that it is a well structured contract, that lasts long. [/quote]

I predict that it will be 5 years for 100 million or 6 years for 120 million. The negotiations are over the guaranteed portion, which I see as exceeding 50 million and possibly as high as 60 million.

[quote name='dwhravens' timestamp='1361979370' post='1371212'] Ravens not pursuing a McKinnie deal pre-free agency. Talks with Flacco continue, more with Ellerbe ahead: http://t.co/dG5Ifdpc7R -- Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) sorry I was mistaken. It was this tweet from la canfora [/quote]

If we don't get Mac back, then who will keep the Flac off his back when the sack attack gives him flak?

This may be the year the cap bubble bursts on the Steelers. Their credit card is bloated up to the max. They appear to be desperately struggling to rework deals now, to retain guys that are past their prime, will lose more youth and be able to add no new pieces. I'm always leery of predicting their short-term demise, but it isn't looking good for them.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 28, 2013 - Oh good Lord, not again! · Report post

after John Harbaugh's reaction to te'o why are the talking heads still mocking him to us .Harbs has allot of control over who we pick ...its no one's business if te'o is gay he can play ball and its offensive for anyone to ask in a "work atmosphere"who your sleeping with .

"... this thing (contract) could be done in three minutes or three years." -- Linta

OK - if Joe is all about making sure the team is able to maintain its roster, the 3 years part of this quote doesn't really work.

Quit talking the talk - start walking the walk.

Linta must have caught wind of all the backlash, the guy has been on some serious crazy talk for a year and now he's looking out for the team?

We'll see.

its bizarre to see so many people talking about 100 million like its pocket change . optimistic the deal gets done soon with joe . not optimictic that we trade up or pick at 32 ozzie will disappoint me and trade back .