Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] 5 Players Who Helped And Hurt Their Stock

55 posts in this topic

Players such as DE Ziggy Ansah shined at the combine. Others such as Manti Te’o did not.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/5-Players-Who-Helped-And-Hurt-Their-Stock/cd55d2b2-a242-4105-b229-2d612d44b1ed]View the full article[/url]

I guarantee that right now, Ozzie is scheming about which blue chip talent will fall right into his lap, a la Courtney Upshaw. With all the depth and value in this draft, Ozzie and co. should make this a draft class to remember.

Hunt, ansah,and austin were impressive . before the combine and his illness i just knew star Lotulelie was a raven I pray he is cleared to play football . do i think we will get any of these players nope we pick to late and i don't see ozzie trading up .

I would love 1 even 2 of the Georgia LB's...

Ogletree or Jarvis Jones in 1st.... C. Washington Late 2nd or later

or Tavon Austin, or Star if his Medical checks out in the 1st Round

This is the first year in a while where there isn't one guy I'm hoping falls to us. There are so many good players this year it seems. Whoever we get I'll be happy.

As much bad press Tyrann has gotten i think he would be great for us!He has amazing ball skills and Was great in all the drills today. & i think he learned from his mistakes and is a more mature person

This was just the combine. Ozzie&the Raven staff do their jobs well. Adrian Hamilton,Nigel Carr and Josh Byrnes all had their worth increase with T'eo's workout. Sign Ellerbe,Jameel and give Sergio a camp invite. Look for a CB,WE are loaded if the IR players come back healthy. Can "WE" win with Gino at center? Is McKinnie coming back? TRUST IN OZZIE!!!

Star Lotulelei was a MAN among boys in college I watched him single handedly destroy the O-line of my USC Trojans (I live in LA),. who almost always has a first rounder on thier line when they are draft eligable. I hope his health issues scare the teams that need him for other DT's in this deep draft. He would surely fill our hole on the D-line for years to come along with Mcphee and Ngata, Who would be able to run through that? But maybe im just dreaming.

With this many guys once projected top-10 or top-15 picks potentially falling, I more and more see yet another trade out of the first round for us.

(Plus, I have a premonition: the Saints are gonna trade for our second-round pick if we end up keeping our first round pick.)

bio

[quote name='brutt3raven' timestamp='1361921663' post='1370372']
Star Lotulelei was a MAN among boys in college I watched him single handedly destroy the O-line of my USC Trojans (I live in LA),. who almost always has a first rounder on thier line when they are draft eligable. I hope his health issues scare the teams that need him for other DT's in this deep draft. He would surely fill our hole on the D-line for years to come along with Mcphee and Ngata, Who would be able to run through that? But maybe im just dreaming.
[/quote]

... assuming he can stay healthy. Which has been somewhat questioned - and that's a serious issue.

But if he was there for us to pick and our medical staff cleared him, I agree: he could be a great steal.

bio

[quote name='frankthebunny' timestamp='1361916292' post='1370252']
I guarantee that right now, Ozzie is scheming about which blue chip talent will fall right into his lap, a la Courtney Upshaw. With all the depth and value in this draft, Ozzie and co. should make this a draft class to remember.
[/quote]

Well, that would be a trademark Ozzie-move, because so far this draft class seems rather pale.

But, of course, it has its gems for us to pick.

bio

Jarvis Jones is a idiot he didn't have any medical reason that prevented him from working out he just chose not to

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1361923094' post='1370437']
Jarvis Jones is a idiot he didn't have any medical reason that prevented him from working out he just chose not to
[/quote]

... and you know that... how?

Te'o didn't hurt his stock so what he didn't run a good 40 who cares the 40's aren't a big deal for LB's it's more the 10 yard split and he did fine in that he also did very good and looked very fluent in the coverage drills

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1361923188' post='1370448']

... and you know that... how?
[/quote]
Lol because it was reported there was a press conference and Mike Mayok drilled him all day about it when the LB's worked out

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1361923497' post='1370484']
Lol because it was reported there was a press conference and Mike Mayok drilled him all day about it when the LB's worked out
[/quote]

Well... you say he's faking the spinal stenosis thing?

bio

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1361923777' post='1370515']
I wish we could draft Lotulelei. I'd pull a Falcons trade for that guy. Not really but I think he is a great player.
[/quote]

Well, if his medical condition isn't cleared, there not even has to be a Falcons-type deal...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1361924535' post='1370558']
Well, if his medical condition isn't cleared, there not even has to be a Falcons-type deal...

bio
[/quote]

He should be fine.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1361923121' post='1370440']
Guys... what if Leon Sandcastle is still on the board at #32? :)

bio
[/quote]

No way!.....Chiefs will take him #1 overall....lock it in! lol

Star Lotulelei and Tyrann Mathieu head up my wish list. i think star gets a clean bill of health and we get him .

[quote name='brutt3raven' timestamp='1361925455' post='1370601']
We had a guy looked just like Sandcastle a few years back just without all the hair...wait... They may be related? :o
[/quote]

Sandcastle looks like an ugly version of him, though....lol

[quote name='Ice Kriem' timestamp='1361925099' post='1370591']
No way!.....Chiefs will take him #1 overall....lock it in! lol
[/quote]

Yeah, he had way too good a combine :)

bio

[quote name='brutt3raven' timestamp='1361925455' post='1370601']
We had a guy looked just like Sandcastle a few years back just without all the hair...wait... They may be related? :o
[/quote]

Nope - you only think so because the names were somewhat similar :)

bio

Well i'm going to be that guy that says to franchise Flacco and hope the chiefs offer him a contract so we could get their first round pick to get the Sandcastle kid. He is a really special talent that we cant miss on he can even pla two sports if he wanted to in the same city. We have to think about our future and get younger. Who know and then maybe with next years pick we can get a Dion Sanders type player!