52 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,633 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Negotiations mean both sides will walk away with a deal they can take.

View the full article

#2 Ksini

Ksini

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Brady could get this country out of debt himself... #fact

#3 RavenoutWest

RavenoutWest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Are you kidding me??...Brady has rings(plural) and tons of money made through out his career. He can afford to take a cut. But their making it look like he's doing such a big deal..he's not. Give Joe his dollars and to heck with Brady and this lame attempt to appear like it's a sacrifice.

#4 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Flacco was offered a 16 mill/year contract last year and opted to play out his rookie contract only making 6 mill. That's a 10 million discount he gave us last year and he won us a SB while doing it with a team, that was fairly average.
I always saw the Ravens as an organization, that mostly treated it's players fair. I can't even count how many times Joe was unfairly the target for criticism and ridicule, even by the Ravens fanbase. He earned the big payday. Get it done.

#5 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'd gladly pay Brady's salary out of my own pocket for him to quit... then we can get back to REAL football.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#6 WAR OF 1812

WAR OF 1812

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Wow, Enough alreadyg

#7 Aviano87

Aviano87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

We need to get the deal done. I am so tired of reading all of the negativity from Mike Florio at Profootballtalk. He makes our front office look like they don't have a clue. Is this guy a Steeler fan or something?

#8 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

And now Roethlisberger is negotiating a cap-saving restructure too. At this rate the Ravens can just dangle the exclusive tag as leverage. What was once going to be a weakness is fast becoming a weapon.

#9 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Flacco is a younger guy than Brady, just entering his prime earning years. Brady, 35, has already signed several huge contracts, including a $60 million deal in 2005 and a $72 million deal in 2010. Between that, his many endorsements and what his supermodel wife commands, he probably already has enough in the bank to match the gross national product of some countries.

Thankyou for ^THAT!
If that doesnt put things in perspective for you and you still thing Brady is a saint for "taking one for the team" that's already paid him enough to buy a personal Island over 13 years while Flacco so far just has enough for a really nice house and a couple of decent college educations....i cant even hold conversation with you.
Statute of limitations on all convos is one day. and its never personal, always football.

#10 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Everyone .... you do realize that Brady is guaranteed virtually his entire contract, right? So, it is "team friendly" from a cap standpoint, but "team risky" in that they are absolutely wedded to him until 2017.

So, if Ravens fans think Flacco should change his side of the deal to take less overall money, then you need to expect the team to change its side of the deal and load it full with guaranteed money.

So, give Flacco 6 years 14M per with 70M guaranteed? The team would never do that. Neither would Flacco. So ... as Mr. Eisenberg said, this deal has no bearing on the Flacco contract situation.

#11 connecticutraven

connecticutraven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Ksini, you obviously have no clue what the debt of this country is.

#12 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

And now Roethlisberger is negotiating a cap-saving restructure too. At this rate the Ravens can just dangle the exclusive tag as leverage. What was once going to be a weakness is fast becoming a weapon.

Stafford, Peyton, Eli, and Brees are Ben's company in the top 5 cap numbers.
Brees and Peyton have brand new contracts.
Dont think Lions and Giants are in a rush to extend Stafford or Eli nor are they strapped for cash, and theyve only got two more years on their contracts, makes no sense to restructure.
Brady chopped bout 800K off the tag, Ben probably wont make much of a splash because he just restructured last year, he cant give too much more back, and i dont see him dropping out of the top 5, he's number 4 at the moment.
At most, tag value might drop to 18.2 Mil +- .3, Joe still about to get paid, there wont be anymore of this 16 million wishful thinking a lot of you keep throwing out there, anyway you look at it.

Edited by riseNConquer81, 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Statute of limitations on all convos is one day. and its never personal, always football.

#13 Ksini

Ksini

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

@connecticutraven....

it was a joke.

#14 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

they will just move ben's money around too. it may impact the exclusive tag like brady's did but i would be ok with that . just make the deal already . ben is old fat and injured allot brady is old . yes both can still play ball flacco is better before all is said and done caldwell and flacco are going to start raking up rings and pro bowls book it

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#15 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

i still can't get over the fact that stafford and rivers make more then flacco .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#16 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

it did have a bearing though... it lowered the exclusive tag by 800 K... if ben's gets done by 4th of march, than joe's exclusive tag would be about $18mil... i would rather sign a contract... and let everybody concentrate on draft and other free agency matters

#17 rayvens5252

rayvens5252

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

.flacco is just average. If he takes the big money and goes back to being a statue in the pocket. Man that will be bad right.

#18 rayvens5252

rayvens5252

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

He should take a fair but a deal that helps the team stay together.

#19 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I would like to see him take a bit lower contract but have more guaranteed money. Win-Win... And Brady has no impact on any QB contract. His wife makes 45 million a year. They live quite comfortably.

#20 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

.flacco is just average. If he takes the big money and goes back to being a statue in the pocket. Man that will be bad right.

Flacco is not just average. If he was he would not have been the Super Bowl MVP or tied the all time great's record of 11 TD's and 0 INT's. He will flourish more than ever with Cam gone as we have seen by the end of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users