47 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,534 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

The Ravens are looking to upgrade the defensive line and Williams could be the man for the job.

View the full article

#2 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

As soon as I saw "played Rugby before playing football" I was sold on him.

The last rugby player we drafted that was a defensive tackle turned out to be pretty darn good himself

#3 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I like this guy and i hope we take him in the first . cody is not the answer and kemo is not the answer either . he's big athletic and next to ngata awesome.

Edited by runamuk, 26 February 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#4 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Glad we're talking about a viable draft pick rather than a sexy, nowhere around when we're on the clock pick!

Besides reading this was far more fun and interesting than watching Day Two of the "Manti Te'o Media Man-crush" at the NFL Combine!

A 4.8 in the 40, twice, for an ILB just don't make anybody all tingly when one thinks of the new QBs who use the whole width of the field!

#5 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Although we usually take the best player if he falls to us at pick 32 I see no reason how he is not the best pick. Kemo and Mt. Cody are not the answer as they have been given the chance to shine and both look cloudy at best.

#6 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

This would be a great pick. I would much rather have this guy than teo, or minter, or Ogletree. We need a guy like this, because they make any LB's job a lot easier. If we can get a dominate DT to go along with Ngata, our defense will be back in the top 5.

#7 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I hope he is bpa at 32 we need to stop getting gashed in the run and this guy is huge . lots of ink doesn't matter

#8 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

He's not just a NT, he's got the best motor of all the big men and doesn't have to come off the field on passing downs or nickel packages.

Terrence Cody is just a poor lineman all around, weak, slow, no motor.

#9 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I see OLB/DE as our first priority.

#10 Ice Kriem

Ice Kriem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

This is the pick I've been hoping for at pick 32. One of Cody's biggest issues since the beginning has been his lack of strength. He's way too big to get pushed around like he does....just not strong enough. It wouldn't take Williams long to supplant Cody.

Edited by Ice Kriem, 26 February 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,340 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Dude sounds like a beast and an enforcer on the DL

#12 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

This kid is a BEAST! I'm not sure if he will still be on the board by the time we pick, but if he is its a no brainer... If we can some how land him or say LB/Minter in the 1st, then get S/Swearinger in the 2nd! I would feel much more comfortable about the middle of our D. In the 3rd round I wouldn't mind taking a serious look at the honey badger he ran a 4.43 (unofficial) and looks really good in the combine. I know he has some serious red flags, but with our tight nit locker room I think someone will take him under his wing. Getting a Heisman trophy runner up in the 3rd round wouldn't be to bad.. I'm just giving my 2 cents... No matter who Ozzie, Eric and the rest of the FO pick I'm sure they will make an impact, and leave their finger print on next season.

#13 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hey, Rocky, he mauled some guys last year and was a major reason the TV talking heads are making excuses for the N.D. O-line in the BCS Championship game!

Jesse is a beast for 60 minutes, man,... plus he's got better than average hands!

#14 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

What are we, Bama North ?

#15 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

i like him

#16 NickShoniker

NickShoniker

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

If Baltimore can get Jesse Williams with their 1st pick, D.J Swearinger with their 2nd pick/Alec Ogletree with their 2nd pick (if he falls that far, I don't see it happening but hey, you never know), and then take Arthur Brown with their 3rd pick, I'd be extatic.

Williams is a monster in the middle, and is/was more dominant that Mount Cody while at Bama.
Swearinger hits like Bernard Pollard, but is faster and covers better, with better instincts, and could supplant Ed Reed if he leaves via free agency.
Ogletree is an odd prospect, he was a safety when he signed on with Georgia, and is now playing MLB. If he is as fast and quick as everyone says he is, and can tackle like a true LB, he would be worth the risk of the off-field issues.
Arthur Brown is going to be great. Mark my words. If Baltimore doesn't draft this kid, they'll regret letting him slip by them.

#17 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,427 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'd be very happy to land him. No matter where at.

#18 Valid1

Valid1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Arthur Brown is a 3rd pick but not bottom of the 3rd. I really like the guy too but I don't see him falling to us at the 96th pick.

#19 raveninct

raveninct

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Last season started w/ taking a Bama guy first, and it ended with a SB win. I'm willing to try that formula again! :)

#20 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I see OLB/DE as our first priority.

Ozzie himself said up the middle defense was the top need. This guy would fit that bill...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users