Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 2/26: Will Joe Flacco Follow Tom Brady?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Plus Te'o runs a slow 40, more details on Flacco contract meeting, Reed says he's still a Raven.

View the full article

#2 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

That was just a smokescreen. Harbs wants Te'o to fall to the end of the 1st.

#3 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,383 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Please stop about this "Flacco following Brady" crap. I believe Brady made something like 23 million last year against his team's cap, and I didn't here anybody complaining then. If Peyton Manning really wanted to win, he could have asked for the less than 20 million against his team's cap. Mathew Stafford makes 20 million, and has no playoff victories and had an absolutely horrendous season this year - yeah he threw 5000 yards, also threw almost as many picks as TDs with the best wide receiver in the game to throw to. Nobody said anything when Drew Brees signed his deal. And now all of a sudden, because Tom Brady, who's already had 2 big contracts, trades in some dollars for 40 million GUARANTEED in his late 30s, Joe is supposed to do the same thing? When Joe made less money in his entire rookie deal than Brady has made in his last 20 games?

#4 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

What Tom loses in his contract extension, he makes up for in UGG endorsement deals. I don't think Haribo is willing to do the same for Joe :)

#5 purple-raven

purple-raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

No Joe shouldn't follow Brady. they are in two different places. Joe is young and at the peak of his career and Brady is mapping out the end of his. That being said if the team decides that Joe is worth the money they will pay him or fanchise him.

#6 Dooley King

Dooley King

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Forbes did an article on how Gisele is going to become the first billionaire supermodel. If Flacco was married to her, he'd probably play for free. Give me a break people, Flacco needs his $ and he deserves it. This is just a ploy for Brady to give himself good press. He is MUCH richer than anyone knows.

#7 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

It's funny how one hundredth of a second can change how everyone looks at a player. Pretty stupid if you ask me. And most of the LBs were "slow" on the 40.

#8 purple-raven

purple-raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Joe deserves to get paid. They will have something worked out prior to free agency Im sure. they have some tough decisions to make and new talent to bring in for one matter or another. Getting tried of hearing about this issue. NFL network jumped right into the Flacco story as soon as the Brady deal broke.

#9 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Brady is completely different situation from any other QB. Not only does he have his endorsements but he also has a wife that makes as much if not more than him. Flacco deserves that money and if we can't afford a Elite QB and continue to win then we do not deserve to win. I however believe in our system and they will be able to pay Flacco, resign key players, draft well, and continue our winning tradition.

I would also love to resign Kruger prior to any other FA's. The draft class is fiull of young talent but a great QB rusher is never guaranteed and we have that in Kruger.

#10 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Yes, Joe does deserves to get paid. But I think the point of the article is that you can still get paid but leave some for rest of the team. (The Brady worship is freaking silly, though.)

If Joe were to sign a $16 mil a year contract as opposed to a $20 mil a year contract; he'd still be getting paid.

#11 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

That was just a smokescreen. Harbs wants Te'o to fall to the end of the 1st.

I doubt that Te'o looked kinda jiggly and slow . i think that was a gut reaction by harbs. i was kinda shocked i had started to buy into his hype .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#12 brwils

brwils

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

No one should look at Brady's extension as some great "teamplayer" sacrifice. He can't move nor throw deep anymore. His wife earns tens of millions per year (probably would make more if she could keep her thoughts to herself). And, his extension is all guaranteed money. That's $60,000,000.00 million over the next 5 years whether he plays or not. Does anyone really see him starting five years from now? He knows next year is probably his best/last shot to win and this deals does allow the accountants to lower the cap figure.

#13 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Not to mention that Brady is actually getting $3 million MORE in the new contract. If I hear one more "talking head" say anything about Brady taking a pay cut, I might heave. Why can't they get the facts straight?
15fqib6.jpg

#14 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Tom brady got paid this time they just shuffled his cash around allot of guaranteed cash it just looks like he took a cut . Pay Joe he deserves it end of story . there are other teams that if we don't they will . Joe is it .it can be structured to save some cap space but he needs to be paid

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#15 Baltimorebulldawg

Baltimorebulldawg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

"If you ask anyone out here." They'd say, yeah I'm exhausted! But how about that sub-4.7 40 I posted?! Suggs ran a 4.8 though, so there's that.

#16 Baltimorebulldawg

Baltimorebulldawg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Also, Joe is a lot younger than Brady. I hope we're not shelling out 20 million a year to Joe when he's 34.

#17 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just not a Te'o fan really and there have been reports floating around from his ND teammates that he is more of a "me first" player than the public realizes. If we are going inside backer early, I would much rather have Minter or Ogletree if they're still there. I still firmly believe our first or second pick will be best defensive tackle available. Kemoaetu was average at best and Cody definitely hasn't panned out, its the biggest reason our team struggled against the run most of the year. If Ozzie and Eric can nab a blue chip defensive tackle who can contribute immediately, we will have filled our biggest need in my opinion.

#18 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Tom Brady... how "noble". Is everyone forgetting his 2010 deal was the highest salary in the NFL? His 2005 quote said he didn't care but with his 2010 action, he did exactly that.

#19 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Banning Smoking at the Stadium is going to piss off roughly 35% of the fan base. i mean why? we have the yellow line to stand behind, NOW they finally put in the large tv's and then take away the right to smoke in the corners? this is BS!! your going to turn the bathrooms into a smokeing den. the stadium[slur deleted] are at it agian.

oh dear lord my poor child had to have some smoke pass through the air while we are walking..... this whole PC world is lame.

Edited by Moderator 3, 26 February 2013 - 12:05 PM.
political commentary removed

#20 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

might as well place ashtrays in the bathroom stalls..... you cant stop me no matter who you are MOO HAHAHAHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users