Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

H8R

Released: Mike Patterson

7 posts in this topic

Hmmm.. Maybe our NT is this guy? : ) I just hope he can get healthy, he had a trying season health-wise to say the least. I like his game ! Would be a prime guy to give a workout to, if hes good to go physically.

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1361829229' post='1368652']
all about the money , we are pretty much strapped right now financially lol
[/quote]

He was released on a 2.9 base... I'm thinking he's going to garner a good bit less then that , which I personally think we can manage.

not TOO bad BUT with our priorities occupied right now with Joe, Draft, Ellerbe, Reed, Boldin (hopefully) its gonna have to be a small deal.

All talk in Philly is that 1) he wanted too much money, 2) he didn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. He's not a nose tackle, more of a defensive end. If he didn't cost so much, I could see us bringing him in as a DE and flipping Ngata over to NT, but thats just me, and its mere hypothetical as it won't happen because of money issues

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1361832236' post='1368738']
not TOO bad BUT with our priorities occupied right now with Joe, Draft, Ellerbe, Reed, Boldin (hopefully) its gonna have to be a small deal.
[/quote]

We are strapped cap wise every year but we still manage to sign guys like Jacoby to 7 million dollar contracts. I'm sure we can afford a 2.5 base. It's not like we can't sign anyone.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1361923702' post='1370508']
We are strapped cap wise every year but we still manage to sign guys like Jacoby to 7 million dollar contracts. I'm sure we can afford a 2.5 base. It's not like we can't sign anyone.
[/quote]we'll just see what happens, the main priority here is trying to resign some of our guys, then look elsewhere, guys like jacoby are a prime example of "diamond in the rough" , a player in the right system excels more so than a player in a system that doesn't fit him. product of the system in other words, we just have to see what happens here.