• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Saw this on twitter, hilarious.
http://fauxjohnmadde...media/106500194

He doesn't look too impressed.

More official link: http://www.nfl.com/v...videos_harbaugh

Edited by dhstandard, 25 February 2013 - 04:10 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#2 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I was watching that too and the minute I saw his reaction I thought to myself rut rohhhhh! He really didn't seem impressed at all, but the jury is still out. I really don't have a dawg in the Te"o fight, I'm kinda on the fence with this guy. Maybe Harbs was pulling "a fake 'em out" move since he was aware he and the other coaches were being watched, but it didn't look it...it looked like a natural gut reaction to me. We'll see!

23jjplx.jpg

#3 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Teo just doesn't have much explosion. He looked slow in the Alabama game and needed to show he could his that next gear in his 40 yard dash. He topped out half way through and looked like he was struggling to even maintain his speed. People think the 40 is a joke now because of teams like the Raiders who draft solely based on it's results, but it is a great drill to help confirm or deny what people know.

I liked the guy a lot but he missed a lot of tackles in some of his bigger games and lacking explosiveness and especially slow sideline to sideline speed is a problem.

2yno6dx.png

#4 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

At least nine defensive linemen ran faster times than Te'o. Many were expecting Te'o to run in the 4.75 range. He also declined to do the bench press because of a shoulder injury. So that hurts him. However, he was supposedly solid in the other drills.

Edited by Ravensuperfan1, 25 February 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#5 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I said before but to me Teo looks like AJ Hawk. Limited athletically to the point he'd get eaten up in coverage by TEs manned up.

Teo is a LB from the early 2000s, big and bulky without much fluidity in my eyes. Also, I dont know what it is but so many of those Samoan/Tongan guys are massive but not really in the greatest shape. You can see Teo's little gut flopping about as he runs, he just seems softly built.

Edited by Bltravens, 25 February 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

harbaugh's reaction speaks for itself, not impressed and although there are some players out there that have game speed (speed that shows up on gameday) his stock either has or will continue to slide. now John doesn't have the final say in whose best , but he does have some input. just basing off of what I see here, Ravens will pass on their pick.

Edited by Raven07, 25 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#7 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I said before but to me Teo looks like AJ Hawk. Limited athletically to the point he'd get eaten up in coverage by TEs manned up.

Teo is a LB from the early 2000s, big and bulky without much fluidity in my eyes. Also, I dont know what it is but so many of those Samoan/Tongan guys are massive but not really in the greatest shape. You can see Teo's little gut flopping about as he runs, he just seems softly built.

woah, little harsh don't you think. Look I think he's been overrated. And the AJ Hawk comparison might be aptly put if not a compliment.

there are several Somoan players in good shape.

#8 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

It looks to me John didn't have much sleep...lol...he looks like he stays up all week for the draft cuz we are really 5 weeks behind the league..
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#9 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

woah, little harsh don't you think. Look I think he's been overrated. And the AJ Hawk comparison might be aptly put if not a compliment.

there are several Somoan players in good shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69Z8fCpuAI

Well I didn't say all of them lol. Obviously there are Samoan athletes in great shape. Ngata for being 350 pounds is no slob really.

#10 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

looks like allot of raven fans are going to be disappointed Harbs is definitely not interested . he just looked flabby and slow to me

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ray Lewis he is not...
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#12 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

looks like allot of raven fans are going to be disappointed Harbs is definitely not interested . he just looked flabby and slow to me

I think that's an understatement. It seems like John was hoping he would show some sort of reason to pick him but it never showed up. Like he was hoping he would run a solid 40 and show some burst/speed but it just never came.

2yno6dx.png

#13 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ray Lewis he is not...

NaVorro Bowman he's not.

Even with him taking his game to the next level as a senior, I never thought he was comparable to Patrick Willis, and he's the one ILB drafted in recent seasons that could justify being such a pick.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#14 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think that's an understatement. It seems like John was hoping he would show some sort of reason to pick him but it never showed up. Like he was hoping he would run a solid 40 and show some burst/speed but it just never came.

i was hoping he would i never expected what i saw ...runner up heisman .i don't get it I don't watch notre dame but reading post here i thought wow he is baby ray lewis ..........really?

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

NaVorro Bowman he's not.

Even with him taking his game to the next level as a senior, I never thought he was comparable to Patrick Willis, and he's the one ILB drafted in recent seasons that could justify being such a pick.

Absolutely. Someone said AJ Hawk, I think that's fair. Not the second coming, as he was labeled
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#16 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Harbs is probably blown they caught that on camera though. Seems more like he was excited about the kid and that was a look of disappointment than anything else.

#17 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hopefully this will keep everyone from mocking Te'o to us simply because they they need some team to dump the "character concerns" guys on.

#18 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

We have two months until the draft. Who knows what we will do. The Ravens are almost unpredictable. I really don't think we will draft Te'o. I have been disappointed by Te'o since the BCS championship game. If he can't handle Alabama's speed he can't handle NFL speed. We all know Ozzie was watching the Alabama game (huge Alabama fan). I have full trust that Ozzie will draft the right guy whether its Te'o or not. Ozzie knows best.
jXGv4fo.jpg

#19 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

tells you all you need to know about te'o to the ravens. Pass!
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#20 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,031 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

It looks to me John didn't have much sleep...lol...he looks like he stays up all week for the draft cuz we are really 5 weeks behind the league..

It kind of reminded me of those before and after photos that they show of nfl head coaches (and presidents). You kow, when they show them all bright eyed and bushy tailed, and then boom, they become head coaches for a few years and it looks like they aged by decades.

Anyways, I hate to sound like a T'eo fan, but 40 times are not exactly the best predictors in the world.

EdReedTrain.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users