Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Safety D.J. Swearinger Sees Himself Fitting With Ravens

85 posts in this topic

The South Carolina safety models his game after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Safety-DJ-Swearinger-Sees-Himself-Fitting-With-Ravens/0344116b-0f28-4df7-86ae-110749c96a4b]View the full article[/url]

lmao dude you have to earn respect and earn the title of being a leader in the Ravens locker room and ravens nation. you saying you will get drafted and become the immediate leader sit down. no way lol dont try to be a leader when you havent done nothing to prove yourself to be a leader. I would not draft anyways we need a stronger safety

This guy is a BEAST! He is definitely one of the hardest hitting safeties in this years draft. I would love to land this guy in the 2nd round!

If we could get him in the second round I would love to pull the trigger on him. We need players willing to put the time in to study the playbook and film. If he in genuine and will do that I think he will be a great player and leader.

Im gonna have to agree with Ravensfan4life2010. You just cant come outa college and before you even get drafted proclaim yourself a leader.
Ravens have had some extremely strong leaders and still do, so this kid better hit the playbook,filmroom,meetings and weightroom extra super hard and then listen to what the real leaders say so he can BECOME a leader.

I love the confidence and I love how this dude plays. I guess it's the same people who were mad at Joe for saying he was the best QB, are also mad about this. Respect is earnt, and with him saying this he needs to back it up. And I think he knows that.

As much as I love hard hitting safeties... I think Pollard is just a freak while most safeties a La Bob Sanders who is known for hitting got hurt every other game. Ihedigbo is almost a carbon copy of Pollard so we've got the hard hitting safety back up, we need more of the Ball Hawk free safety.

I like him. I looked up highlights. He is the best player I think overall I see us could getting in the first round. Sign him up! He's got the hard hits and defensive passing skills.

This dude hits hard and definitely has skills and speed. Covers lot of ground. I also like his confidence. Sure, you earn respect as you go but you just can't be playing anywhere near these two positions if you don't see yourself as a leader. It would be a huge bonus if we can keep Reed and sign someone like this guy.

To all the people that say his confidence and wanting to lead is bad. Watching last year our defense seemed at times to miss it swagger until a big play happened by Ray or Reed or Pollard. I think It was because we missed the Baltimore Swagger at times to pop you in the mouth. This man would be a start to bring that back. He reminds me a lot of the SF safety. Even if we get Reed back for a bit its time for the future and to build that swagger in the defense. There is no such thing as too many hard hitting players. Make those WR too scared to catch the ball. Lol hate on this all you want just my thoughts but I also have complete trust in Ozzie and can't wait to watch the draft.

he's confident and cocky , he will fit right in :) we need a return to our roots that coupled with joes arm ..... oh my.

Why is everyone negging Sami and Ravensforlife. I was a little put off by this guys cockiness saying he is a leader. He is not even a rookie yet. A rookie "gonna be" is hardly going to step into Ray's shoes and lead the team. Bluster is a fine thing, but a leadership role is earned over a few years at least.

what's with all these kids proclaiming themselves leaders and talking about filling Ray's shoes. This is the third time I'm hearing this.

Every interview I've heard with Ray Lewis' 1996 teammates, they all said that he asserted himself as a leader from the first day. Yes, you lead primarily by example, but we've got plenty of great players who came into the league with the same attitude Swearinger has. Ed Reed was one of the cockiest players I've ever seen when he was a rookie!

Would love to see him as a Raven, don't worry about cockiness atleast he is confidence in what he is saying

“You can’t have any doubts,” he said. “The second you doubt at my position, it’s six points. You’ve got to carry yourself with confidence and have a confidence and a swagger about yourself that you know you can make plays and you know you can make things happen.”

^ i absolutely love this kids attitude! i love it! can't no one beat you at being you! and if you don't have confidence in yourself, then you are wasting your time in the nfl. this is a man's game! i love his swagger! some cats are natural born leaders and know it! good for you kid.

~Mili

Nothing wrong with what Ravens4Life and Sami said. It's just reality that on a strong team like ours, you have to earn respect with your play 1st. No one is saying a few years in he won't be a leader. More importantly, can he play? The highlights show me 3 things: 1) He can hit 2) He has speed to cover ground fast 3) He seems to be inthe right spot to make the play. So for me it looks like he can cover and support the run defense. I like him. Would love him in 2nd round.

I like him but not as a first rounder to me he looks stiff in converge but he would be good value late second

[quote name='budman' timestamp='1361821815' post='1368462']
We NEED Linebackers, DE's and Off. & Def. Linemen. We HAVE POLLARD.
[/quote]

This is somewhat true. Until we see where we are with resigning our current players we have no idea what is needed. But I do like this guy a lot and think he could definitely fit in the organization.

All the leadership debate... You eed to prove your leadership on the field blah blah blah... It comes down to a state of mind. You are either a leader or a follower. For him to have the desire to be a leader could very well make him a leader on the field as a rookie. Now i do believe in order to be that leader he has to do many other things like film study and learn the playbook. But to discredit him as a leader for being a rookie is just judgmental.

Great personality! BUT, Reed is staying and Omar Brown is a little Reed, so i would take a risk with Omar when Reed The best safety of all times leaves.

I see him as a late second early third round addition. We need Help up the middle first. DT, NT, even a good 3-4 DE before drafting at Saftey. This may be a good year to use a few late round draft picks we are getting in the compensatory draft and get a few more second and third round picks. We need some immediate impact players on D. With Ngata atruggling to stay healy and no other support on the D line and Sizzle getting older we need to get the next wave of playmakers NOW!

I know one thing, all the players we draft should feel extremely fortunate no matter what round they're picked. They're coming to the Superbowl Champs !

Superbowl Champion Baltimore Ravens !!! Love saying it, typing it, thinking it.... And we get to do it for the rest of 2013. :)