71 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

The South Carolina safety models his game after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

View the full article

#2 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

lmao dude you have to earn respect and earn the title of being a leader in the Ravens locker room and ravens nation. you saying you will get drafted and become the immediate leader sit down. no way lol dont try to be a leader when you havent done nothing to prove yourself to be a leader. I would not draft anyways we need a stronger safety

#3 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I like his confidence. Good for him.

#4 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

This guy is a BEAST! He is definitely one of the hardest hitting safeties in this years draft. I would love to land this guy in the 2nd round!

#5 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

If we could get him in the second round I would love to pull the trigger on him. We need players willing to put the time in to study the playbook and film. If he in genuine and will do that I think he will be a great player and leader.

#6 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

#7 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Im gonna have to agree with Ravensfan4life2010. You just cant come outa college and before you even get drafted proclaim yourself a leader.
Ravens have had some extremely strong leaders and still do, so this kid better hit the playbook,filmroom,meetings and weightroom extra super hard and then listen to what the real leaders say so he can BECOME a leader.

#8 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,978 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I love the confidence and I love how this dude plays. I guess it's the same people who were mad at Joe for saying he was the best QB, are also mad about this. Respect is earnt, and with him saying this he needs to back it up. And I think he knows that.

#9 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

So many great options, I have no idea who we will pick but I'll be happy with whoever Oz/FO chooses. I cant wait for the draft!

#10 smithdevin14

smithdevin14

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

As much as I love hard hitting safeties... I think Pollard is just a freak while most safeties a La Bob Sanders who is known for hitting got hurt every other game. Ihedigbo is almost a carbon copy of Pollard so we've got the hard hitting safety back up, we need more of the Ball Hawk free safety.

#11 trevorsteadman

trevorsteadman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I like him. I looked up highlights. He is the best player I think overall I see us could getting in the first round. Sign him up! He's got the hard hits and defensive passing skills.

#12 allblackraven

allblackraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

This dude hits hard and definitely has skills and speed. Covers lot of ground. I also like his confidence. Sure, you earn respect as you go but you just can't be playing anywhere near these two positions if you don't see yourself as a leader. It would be a huge bonus if we can keep Reed and sign someone like this guy.

#13 StormsRaven

StormsRaven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

To all the people that say his confidence and wanting to lead is bad. Watching last year our defense seemed at times to miss it swagger until a big play happened by Ray or Reed or Pollard. I think It was because we missed the Baltimore Swagger at times to pop you in the mouth. This man would be a start to bring that back. He reminds me a lot of the SF safety. Even if we get Reed back for a bit its time for the future and to build that swagger in the defense. There is no such thing as too many hard hitting players. Make those WR too scared to catch the ball. Lol hate on this all you want just my thoughts but I also have complete trust in Ozzie and can't wait to watch the draft.

#14 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

he's confident and cocky , he will fit right in :) we need a return to our roots that coupled with joes arm ..... oh my.

#15 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'd love to see him wearing purple and black, though I could say that about any other draftee.

#16 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Why is everyone negging Sami and Ravensforlife. I was a little put off by this guys cockiness saying he is a leader. He is not even a rookie yet. A rookie "gonna be" is hardly going to step into Ray's shoes and lead the team. Bluster is a fine thing, but a leadership role is earned over a few years at least.

#17 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

what's with all these kids proclaiming themselves leaders and talking about filling Ray's shoes. This is the third time I'm hearing this.

#18 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

ok just watched some youtube videos on this kid and we should draft him. He just needs to watch the helmet to helmet

#19 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Every interview I've heard with Ray Lewis' 1996 teammates, they all said that he asserted himself as a leader from the first day. Yes, you lead primarily by example, but we've got plenty of great players who came into the league with the same attitude Swearinger has. Ed Reed was one of the cockiest players I've ever seen when he was a rookie!

#20 Mclovvinn

Mclovvinn

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Would love to see him as a Raven, don't worry about cockiness atleast he is confidence in what he is saying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users