Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BMORElegacy

Jacoby Jones on Dancing with the Stars

597 posts in this topic

So I'm watching the Oscars and I all-of-a-sudden see our man Dragonfly during one of the commercial breaks being promoted for the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars! He's apparently getting his shot to show off his moves in front of millions of people.

Ravens Nation HAS to stand up and support our guy! I never watch or vote for DWTS but that is all going to change now. I'll be danged if a Steeler wins it and a Raven doesn't.

2 weeks ago @ jimmy kimmel live!

[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Kimmel[/b]: Would you consider being on Dancing With The Stars? As a representative of the ABC television network, I would like to offer you the chance to compete on Dancing With The Stars. What do you think about that?[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Jones[/b]: Let me ask you this: Do polar bears poo on ice?[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Kimmel[/b]: I’m relatively sure that they do, although I’ve not witnessed it …[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Jones:[/b] I hope they don’t do it in water, that would be nasty![/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Kimmel[/b]: So you would do that (go on DWTS)?”[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Jones[/b]: Oh yes sir … I’ll get it done. I’ll get it done, baby.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif]Kimmel might've hooked him up @ ABC lol![/font][/color]

Told my wife during the Oscars I am 100% watching that stupid show now! Should be awesome with him on it!

Man, this is just fun!

Just saw this! Man, is it fun being the SB champions! People know who we are now and actually want to see us!

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1361763295' post='1367748']
Wonder who his partner will be?
[/quote]

It doesn't matter when you've got moves like [i]Dragonfly[/i].

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/SuperBowlXLVII/JacobyJonesTDcelebration.gif[/img]

(Never watched anything close to DWS)

Don't they pair the celebrity with a professional dancer?
If so, could they just pair Jacoby with another celebrity since he has the professional dancer thing down?

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1361761148' post='1367699']
2 weeks ago @ jimmy kimmel live!

[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Kimmel[/b]: Would you consider being on Dancing With The Stars? As a representative of the ABC television network, I would like to offer you the chance to compete on Dancing With The Stars. What do you think about that?[/font][/color]
[b][color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif]Jones: Let me ask you this: Do polar bears poo on ice?[/font][/color][/b]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Kimmel[/b]: I’m relatively sure that they do, although I’ve not witnessed it …[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Jones:[/b] I hope they don’t do it in water, that would be nasty![/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Kimmel[/b]: So you would do that (go on DWTS)?”[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif][b]Jones[/b]: Oh yes sir … I’ll get it done. I’ll get it done, baby.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia, sans-serif]Kimmel might've hooked him up @ ABC lol![/font][/color]
[/quote]

When I heard Jacoby say this I busted out laughing. It's going to be great to be top dog next year, and I hope we can keep this momentum going and going.

I am not a huge DWTS fan either, but I will admit to watching both Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice when my wife was watching the show. I also think he has a chance to blow the competition out of the water.

Guess I'm watching Dancing With the Stars for the first time in my life. Do we get to vote or something?

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1361768069' post='1367846']
Guess I'm watching Dancing With the Stars for the first time in my life. Do we get to vote or something?
[/quote]

We will all help each other through this!

I thought the offseason will be bored as hell but with this news, I'm ecstatic to see Jones, SB champ to do his thang in the dancing with the stars....damn can't wait!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1361766340' post='1367819']
He's winning this thing! As long as I'm around he will!
[/quote]

Ballot stuffing?!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1361773504' post='1367937']

Ballot stuffing?!
[/quote]
I have two computers, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPad, and two other iPads at my disposal with 8 votes allowed a device

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1361773657' post='1367940']
I have two computers, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPad, and two other iPads at my disposal with 8 votes allowed a device
[/quote]and i can set up a clicking bot to reset my ip and keep voting while i'm not at the computer lol

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1361776396' post='1367944']
and i can set up a clicking bot to reset my ip and keep voting while i'm not at the computer lol
[/quote]

Now I know how you got your username! :control:[size=4] [/size]

[i]They are announcing the contestants for this year's DWTS Tuesday at 7-9AM on GMA. We will see who Jacoby is paired with at that time.[/i]

[i]I am a big fan of DWTS. Go to [url="http://www.abc.com"]www.abc.com[/url] to register for an account so you can vote, and you can vote per twitter and facebook too. I prefer to vote by computer, because you get to see your vote verified once you have finished voting. Write down your email, addy,or username and password, because they will prompt you for it each week before you can vote! [/i]
[i]They will also give you an opportunity to post a comment for Team Jones and if it is good ya might get it on tv, lol, if you are into that kind of thing![/i]

[i]Calling on the Ravens Nation to put those "fingers to the keys" and vote for our guy!!! I know I will! We can do this Flock!!! :229031_cheer: [/i]

[i]Go Team Jones!!! :18_1_328: [/i]

[i][url="http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast-announcement/season-16/media/jacoby-jones"]http://beta.abc.go.c...ia/jacoby-jones[/url] [/i]
[i]Great pic and comments already for Jacoby!!![/i]

[color=#ff0000][i]For those not familar with the show here is the information for voting(as per last season)per ABC: Spread the word Flock![/i][/color]
[i][url="http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote-faq"]http://beta.abc.go.c...-stars/vote-faq[/url][/i]

Tom Bergeron tweet: Jacoby Jones will dance this season. But if he pulls too far ahead, the 9ers will cut power to the ballroom

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1361764618' post='1367784']
Jacoby should just be handed the trophy, nobody got moves like him.
[/quote]

according to Matt Birk Jacoby is a great dancer with a variety of MJ like moves....

He will win DWTS and get more Hollywood work as a result. The guy has major talent.