Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Maryland Tight End Matt Furstenburg Turns Heads At Combine

26 posts in this topic

Matt Furstenburg was one of the top performers during the on-field workouts Saturday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Maryland-Tight-End-Matt-Furstenburg-Turns-Heads-At-Combine/7a6001a9-4d90-4620-939d-62a970a876cc]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1361720755' post='1366705']
Is that seriouly the best picture of this guy we could find?
[/quote]i was just about to type is that picture scary or what wow lol!

I don't think I would use a draft pick on a TE when we already have 2... But they don't pay me to think ha ha. In Ozzie we trust!

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1361720755' post='1366705']
Is that seriouly the best picture of this guy we could find?
[/quote]
It's the look of intensity...

40 YRD DASH

Tavon Austin WR 4.34.. that probably locked himself into 1st round, to late 1st

Corey Fuller WR 4.43 Middle Rounds

Corderelle Patterson 4.42 1st Round

Justin Hunter 4.44 2nd Round projection

Ryan Swope 4.34 Middle rounds projections

I really want Tavon Austin..

that guy is BEAST

[quote name='ravensdog86' timestamp='1361730220' post='1366949']
40 YRD DASH

Tavon Austin WR 4.34.. that probably locked himself into 1st round, to late 1st

Corey Fuller WR 4.43 Middle Rounds

Corderelle Patterson 4.42 1st Round

Justin Hunter 4.44 2nd Round projection

Ryan Swope 4.34 Middle rounds projections

I really want Tavon Austin..

that guy is BEAST
[/quote]

How would you like to be one of the running backs that has a time slightly better than the linemen Terron Armstead who ran a 4.71 and 4.69.

Just saw Rex Burkhead ran a 4.69...not that he's a speedster, but he's still a running back

You don't need to watch the combine to know Tavon Austin is fast, but if you WATCHED him play, he can play. I think if he's there the Ravens HAVE to take him. I'M SOLD. McCaleb was recruited heavily by Rutgers, trust me i know, but he's SO SMALL he could turn out like Pat White. Knocked out cold. Austin if he's still there.

We need a Big tight End that can block and catch well, The Tight End out of Alabama would be a perfect Mid Rd. Draft pick

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, February 24, 2013 - Borderline racist · Report post

I wonder why he likes watching white tight ends so much?

Ozzie's radar in in Active Linebacker Seek Mode,... at least I hope so!

Besides, ever since Cincy broke my heart by snatching Jermaine Gresham two picks in front of us I've been gun shy of monster TEs falling to us early!

I welcome any maryland player I think it's awesome when they play for the ravens and maryland usually produces soli NFL ready talent even if they don't get buzz

I personally think there are a few mid-round tight end prospects that would be better fits here, but if he's the right guy at the right value, I'd welcome any Maryland product to stay and play for the hometown team.

Matt had no QB last year. I think he can play at the NFL level and contribute. He has shown his physical abilities at the combine and they were impressive. He had a solid Junior year for the Terps. Mid 5th round steal for the Ravens!

One of the prospect i like the most for this 2013 draft is [url="http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1683145"]Kyle Juszczyk[/url] from Harvard.
He is listed as a FB but he is a great hybrid TE/FB , he is brutal when he blocks and very smooth when running his route and he has great hands too. He could end up being a great addition and Oz always like players who can play multiple position. In this league where the traditional FB position tends to disappear it's nice to have a good one who can be a good blocking TE too.

I'd say that TE would be a nice pick at the back of the draft. We will definitely look at one after the draft when the teams bottom feed.

I like it when the Ravens draft players out of Maryland, heck look at Torrey Smith. However, I'd like to see Baltimore take a chance on Fauria, out of UCLA. Hes a massive target at almost 6'8" and hes an athlete too. I know they're talking about finding a blocking TE, but if Fauria is there in the 6-7 rd which he should be, Baltimore might be wise to take a look at him.