Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Chris Berman Was The One Who Stuck With The Ravens

62 posts in this topic

The ESPN sportscaster took the Ravens from the start of the season, and never backed off his pick.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Chris-Berman-Was-The-One-Who-Stuck-With-The-Ravens/297db527-3dbb-4782-b923-2b4f534fe170]View the full article[/url]

Yes and no. The morning of the SB when the panel on ESPN was picking the game (majority for SanFran) he said his heart told him the Niners were going to win but because he had picked the Ravens earlier in the year he wouldn't change his pick.

you would think that this is the official ravens website, it wouldn't have errors. the jones pass was 70 yards not 56. i have notice a few errors in articles on this site. i mean cmon, get your facts right.

I ALWAYS like Chris Berman... not because he choose us to be in the Super Bowl for the past 2 years. But for the past 5 years, he always came to our facility for an interview and then later spoke to the entire team about how he loves our team and how much we deserve it, says a lot about his character. Don't doubt "THE SWAMI"

[quote name='PurpleChaos' timestamp='1361715734' post='1366606']
Yes and no. The morning of the SB when the panel on ESPN was picking the game (majority for SanFran) he said his heart told him the Niners were going to win but because he had picked the Ravens earlier in the year he wouldn't change his pick.
[/quote]

[img]http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/861236/castle_confused_medium.gif[/img]

Mike Golic picked the Ravens to win the Super Bowl before the season started and stuck with his pick through the the SB.

[quote name='birdgang20' timestamp='1361716520' post='1366625']
you would think that this is the official ravens website, it wouldn't have errors. the jones pass was 70 yards not 56. i have notice a few errors in articles on this site. i mean cmon, get your facts right.
[/quote]He did have his facts right. The pass was 56 yeards. Jacoby caught the ball at the 14 yard line, then ran it in the rest of the way. A 56 yard pass on a 70 yard play.

I can't figure out how to quote past comments, but I thought the pass to Jacoby Jones in Denver WAS 70 yards (not including the run) and the pass to JJ in the Super Bowl was 56 yards? Meh, doesn't really matter at this point!

[quote name='Stack' timestamp='1361720531' post='1366703']
I can't figure out how to quote past comments, but I thought the pass to Jacoby Jones in Denver WAS 70 yards (not including the run) and the pass to JJ in the Super Bowl was 56 yards? Meh, doesn't really matter at this point!
[/quote]click the time under the avatar/name on the post and you can quote from there .

I wonder which team Sugar Ray will pick as his super bowl winner next year. Any guesses?

Anyway, big fan of Berman - probably the most entertaining and non-pompous anchor in American Football sportscasting.

I don't understand how Trent Dilfer has any nerve to pick against the ravens in the super bowl. Hope he was watching becuase thats how a super bowl winning offense is supposed to look like. Berman is the only sports analyst that likes the ravens

[quote name='Ravenmatic' timestamp='1361716616' post='1366626']
I ALWAYS like Chris Berman... not because he choose us to be in the Super Bowl for the past 2 years. But for the past 5 years, he always came to our facility for an interview and then later spoke to the entire team about how he loves our team and how much we deserve it, says a lot about his character. Don't doubt "THE SWAMI"
[/quote]
I think that's why he picks us. He comes and gets first hand exposure, which reminds him of why he respects the organization...

And one has to think that these guys go to other places. He surely sees something special about how the Ravens do things. Pretty sure places like Miami, Buffalo, KC, Sandy, Arizona, etc etc etc don't do things the same which is why there are only about 10 franchises that are in the running for a championship year in and year out...but he sees something even more special about Baltimore than the other top dawgs

Boomer Berman is from Connecticut; born in Greenwich. Sorry, Raven Hammer. I'd thought that he was a B'more boy , too.

For me, there's a difference between Trent Dilfer and Shannon Sharpe picking against the Ravens. Did y'll see the look on Trent Dilfer's face after the game??? It looked like he put all of his fortune on the 49ers and lost a leg too. But I'd like to think that Shannon Sharpe picked against us as a part of motivating the team(not that the team needed anymore of that). I think deep inside those who picked against us were really rooting for the Ravens... Dilfer's face, I loved it when I saw it...

On another note: Swami is a class A type of guy whether he picks us or not.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1361721520' post='1366711']
click the time under the avatar/name on the post and you can quote from there .
[/quote]

Thank you!

I freaking love Boomer! I remember on Monday Night Countdown when he said "is there any chance that the Ravens are like last years Giants heating up at the right time and winning it all?" They responded "yah keep dreaming Boom not with that QB there not" and he kept with us and said "Well I believe in them" HE WAS RIGHT!!!!!!

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1361721520' post='1366711']
click the time under the avatar/name on the post and you can quote from there .
[/quote]

Thanks I've been wondering the same but never asked.

[quote name='Stack' timestamp='1361720531' post='1366703']
[/quote]you can also click the forum tab , top of home screen you get more content and can quote without clicking the time .

Berman knows NOTHING about football. He's more overhyped than Tim Tebow! He was on the air last year stating where is Lee Evans the last few weeks? Evans had been inactive due to an injury the previous weeks Berman. Way to pay attention and then be so adamant about your thoughts. He's well past JUMPING THE SHARK!