Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Who's Out There? Inside Linebackers

72 posts in this topic

Could the Ravens replace Ray Lewis with an outside veteran?

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Whos-Out-There-Inside-Linebackers/1f60345f-2e2e-4016-ac26-65f35011de69]View the full article[/url]

Go with a rookie in the draft..teach him good...train him hard...show him film...and mold him into the next legendary Ravens LB. That way we don't have an old player retire after we win another super bowl! ;) #RavensNation

Man I think our firt pick should be Jesse Williams he favor Ngata so much it's crazy the middle of our D would be insane.

No need for any of these guys. They're all free agents for a reason; either old or just bad. Maualuga is AWFUL. Why else would a pathetic organization like Cincinnati let him go. This article reminded me of another ex-Raven in Tavares Gooden who left Baltimore to enter oblivian without Ray Lewis, ala Bart Scott. Off topic a bit, saw some of the combine on NFL network. Seriously, I think I'd rather go to the dentist than sit through 30 seconds of that crap!

We need some baby boys on the team, drive them Ball So Hard, hiring the older veterans is like a nursing home, they all hurt and nursing something

All Bart Scott does is run his mouth. Way slower than anyone on d now. Pass on him.

re-sign Ellerbe, draft either Kevin Minter or Manti Te'o and let Josh Bynes get some snaps when the season begins and our ILB position should be ok.

Go to the draft to get a ILB but if we loose Ellerbe I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Urlacher depending on price he brings allot of leadership can cover pretty well and does a fair job blitzing if he goes for like 1-2 mil a season on a single year deal he could be a stud stopgap player

Wow what a decision for the front office. This weekend and the pro days will factor in to what they end up doing.

No real way to tell who's best until you chat with them and see them up close.

I remember Bisciotti asking why not Asante Samuel over Ed Reed...those front office guys do their job pretty darn good

Just do what we always do. Get hungry young guys, let them compete, and the rest will take care of itself. You will always be chasing a ghost trying to find the next Ray Lewis. We didn't know how good Ray was in 96, and same for Ngata,Reed, and Suggs. Part of the reason we remain competitive IS because we don't mortgage the future with FA's like some teams. We always have depth, and don't over-pay for washed up guys. Oz and the boys will do well. Can't wait til draft day!!!

Ill pass on all of them . Give me Ellerbeast any day. McClain next to him for next year and a rookie learning from both of them and let Bynes continue to deveope maybe even take over for MCClain by the end of training camp. And No Te'o. He is not a Raven!

I like the idea of bringing in Maualuga. He's the only real promising younger guy on this list. Outside of that, draft Teo and call it a day.

There are a few can't miss guys each year at ILB, but none are ever available by the time we pick, because we are SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS. But it is not just about drafting; it is also about coaching and developing. Look at all the LBs we have drafted late and became starters, jumped ship for money(can't really blame a guy for going for the paycheck), and got lost in mediocrity on their new team. If I'm not mistaken, both Ellerby and McClain were late or undrafted. It is just the Ravens way and it works.

I like the sound of another Ray playing for the Ravens I think our coaches & players can guide him in the wright direction so I say Ray Maualuga.

Curious to see where our guy (practice squad) Hamilton fits in. Either way, we need to get younger and faster.

Are we ever gonna give Albert McClellan another shot!

He's got the eyes of Mike Singeltary and he throws out big hits on special teams. C'mon!

i think we should stay in house and thru draft. mcclellan looks good to me, u just have to give them reps and have to start them to see what they can do, i think McClellan is underrated and he looks like a clone of James Harrison.

I agree keep it in house or draft. It's less costly and generally works out better. Young is also hungry in many cases. GO RAVENS!!!!

[quote name='D3x3001' timestamp='1361634968' post='1365593']
I like the idea of bringing in Maualuga. He's the only real promising younger guy on this list. Outside of that, draft Teo and call it a day.
[/quote]
Te'o is a great player and would be a good fit to replace Ray but I wouldn't recommend mentioning him around here unless you want to be tarred and feathered by the community. The whole girlfriend thing scares and confuses them

[quote name='raven410' timestamp='1361643876' post='1365746']
Who's out there? Kruger and Ellerbe. I'll take those two.
[/quote]

Ellerbe? Yes definitely. Would prefer him to any inside LB in the draft or free agency.

Kruger? Not so much (also different position). Kruger had just 1.5 sacks while Suggs was out (including a boneheaded penalty at the end of the first Browns game which gave them another set of downs in the redzone after the game was essentially over) and only got his other sacks with Suggs lined up opposite him taking some of the attention.

Not to say Kruger can't be a good player but he didn't show much to aid his argument as an individual but more for a complementary role. He'll probably be asking a pretty penny and I just don't think the FO will fork it over with the other young guys we have for cheaper (McPhee and Upshaw can replace those sacks and then some). I don't see Kruger back next season.

[quote name='TheRavengers' timestamp='1361641423' post='1365704']
Does Michael McAddo ring a bell to anyone?
[/quote]

I beleive that he blew out his achilles / mcl to begin the year. He was a defensive, pass rusher out of UNC. I beleive that he was one of the players that had brought violations to his school along with others a few years back.