Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

[News] Draft Loaded With Talented Defensive Tackles

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

The Ravens want to improve the middle of their defense, and this year’s draft is stacked in that area.

View the full article

#2 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I agree that Cody needs to be Challenged if not replaced. I recognize only a few of these names being tossed around. This is where the magic of the Wizard of OZZ comes into play. Stepping up our run defence is an absolute must.

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Get one! IMO, the Ravens need a nose tackle - someone who may not offer much of a pass rush but can occupy a couple of blockers and most importantly stand their ground - Cody and Kemoeatu were getting blown off the ball. Haloti's great but he can't do it all on his own, especially battling injuries.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#4 pitchblack_20

pitchblack_20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Jesse Williams or Kevin Minter in the 1st ?

#5 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Kemo and Cody should not be on the team. One had a mediocre season and the other worse. I do not see either of these guys playing to the caliber we have come to know as the Ravens D. I am hoping we get Williams with the first pick but Minter is not a bad alternative. I do have to say I have never been a fan of moving up in the draft as we always find great talent in later rounds but Alec Ogletree does seem like a very reason to this year.

#6 T-Phizzle

T-Phizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Trade our second and one of our extra picks (compensatory) and maybe we can nab Kevin Minter and Jesse Williams

#7 shana

shana

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I agree. Cody, Kemo, they did not play like Ravens this year. I don't usually advocate ditching players but watching those two play this year was especially painful and disappointing. On to the next one...

#8 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

T-Phizzle as much as I would to nab both Williams and Minter its not gonna happen... If we can land one of those guys I would be excited! Plus you cant trade compensatory picks...

#9 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Short is a BEAST! If you got a chance to watch the Senior Bowl, you saw for yourself the dude was everywhere!!! wouldn't be mad at that pick either...

#10 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Ozzie loves bama boys and I would love to have Jesse Williams in a raven uniform. I don't think Ngata would get so many injuries if he had help . Cody has had many chances kemo is old we need younger stronger players. I like minter too but we have some good options right on the squad plus this years draft is deep at linebacker very good value to be had in later rounds .

#11 GangofRavens

GangofRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Trade out of 1st round and get more picks. Needs are DT,Safety, Center, LT and WR in order of importance in IMHO. Hoping A.Hamilton is the answer at ILB. Haven't seen him much but this will be the first year he goes through training camp.

#12 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

I have been looking for Kevin Minter's highlight reel but have not been able to find it. I guess he's gotta be really good cuz everyone is talking about him. If someone has a link please share. On the other hand, Alec Ogletree is in deed a beast, and like the previous poster wrote it might be a good idea to move up to snatch this guy. The FS Reid is also pretty good.

#13 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I can't see any upside in scratching Cody going into his 4th year. Ditching him now makes a bad situation worse. Like Kiper said, "if you need nose tackles, you've got it all covered... in this year's draft." I think Ozzie and Decosta find their guy in the later rounds and I think Pees and Harbs will coach up Cody. Harbs says he likes competition at positions...there should be a lot of it at the DT position this year.

#14 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

we are about to cut MT. Cody get rid of dead big weight

#15 RavensNo1Fan1

RavensNo1Fan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

I disagree with need of a center. Wer just drafted one that has been mentored by Birk. He deserves a shot before we even think about going another direction. That being said we still have yet to see if Birk will be back next year (my guess would be no).

#16 Baltimoreswag32

Baltimoreswag32

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

kevin minter game vs florida. two sacks and a forced fumble.

#17 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

DT loaded draft better mean a wake up call for cody

#18 RavenSwag

RavenSwag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

If he's still available when our pick comes up at the end of the first round, I'm a little bias but I would love to see them draft the explosive hometown kid Tavon Austin.

#19 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Im a Datone Jones fan!

#20 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Trade our second and one of our extra picks (compensatory) and maybe we can nab Kevin Minter and Jesse Williams

You can't trade comp picks...
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users