77 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Steelers’ LeBeau says they could have won title, Lewis to ESPN, Kemo wants to keep playing.

View the full article

#2 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Finally pay Joe so we can move forward . as for Dick Le Beau,retirement can be a wonderful thing i could say more but why bother. we are super bowl championships and your not !!! Can we at least try to keep Ellerbe in a ravens uniform next year.

Edited by llwillow1231, 21 February 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#3 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

RE: Lewis Hire to ESPN...it might be a moot point given that they hired him, but ESPN shouldn't be acting like every last personality they have on air is squeaky clean. I've seen story of inappropriate behavior 1 story after another several times.

#4 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

%u201CCan I say with a certain amount of credence we can compete with Baltimore day-in and day-out? I know it and I can say it,%u201D LeBeau said. %u201CWe didn't have Ben in either one of those games. I know we're a better team with Ben because he's a great player.%u201D

The Steelers lost three of their final four games once Roethlisberger returned from injury.

All I know is that the Steelers are on downward spiral, Ben is getting older and injured more frequently - Lebeau did you know that last stat??? You lost 3 of your last 4 even with Ben in...

Oh yeah, you could have but YOU DID NOT LEBEAU - STEELERS SUCK!!!!

#5 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Get used to it steelers XD

#6 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

A question about the franchise tag: we all know there are two types of franchise tags: the exclusive type (more expensive but assures the player stays) and the non-exclusive type (cheaper but leaves a door open for other teams to lure the player away - although it never really happens in real life). My question: if a player receives the tag, can the type of the tag be changed during the period the player has the tag without ever officially removing the tag first - or can the tag type be opnly modified by first removing the tag and then assigning the other type?

Here's why I'm asking this: since the extra sum the exclusive tag means over the "normal" tag only applies later in the off season, it makes all the sense to give Flacco the exclusive type tag - especially if the FO believes the deal gets done by the start of the season, so Flacco won't have to play under the tag. But, if, despite all their hopes, the deal doesn't get done, it means Flacco would have to play under the more expensive tag. Being able to switch between the tag types instantly would eliminate that risk...

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#7 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Aside from injuries on both teams, another difference btw. the Steelers and Ravens this past year: the Ravens offense tuned their game up a whole lot. Ask Eli Manning.

#8 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

"Ravens have three candidates for contract restructuring. [NFL.com]"

Incorrect. The correct wording would be: "nfl.com thinks there are 3 candidates for contract restructuring for the Ravens."

It's their scenarios, not the franchise's.

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 21 February 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#9 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Aside from injuries on both teams, another difference btw. the Steelers and Ravens this past year: the Ravens offense tuned their game up a whole lot. Ask Eli Manning.

True - but I guess Eli could tell even more entertaining stories about the Ravens D ;)

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 21 February 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#10 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Get used to it steelers XD

Yeah - the way it looks right now, next season they will definitely be weaker than the Bengals - and in all likelihood. probably weaker than us, too.

The only real promising thing for them right now is that they have a pretty good draft position - in the middle of the draft order.

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 21 February 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#11 Schoel

Schoel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I just loved the vid with all of Jacobys moves

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Man, that girl on Torrey's photo... I mean visibly wearing a Ravens-scarf in Pittsburgh?

Some brave woman that is - and she's even a beauty :)

"The Baltimore Ravens. Bringing beauty right to your doorstep!" :)

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 21 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#13 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

I just loved the vid with all of Jacobys moves

It was his season for multiple reasons. I guess he didn't regret finally deciding on Baltimore instead of the Panthers (or was it the Jags?)...

The Ravens nation certainly didn't regret it :D

bio

#14 choombatta

choombatta

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Big bad Ben Roethlisberger has been getting banged up season after season in recent years. Joe Flacco has never missed a game.

#15 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hey Dick. Difference between the Ravens and Steelers with regard to injuries is that the Ravens didn't completely collapse due to injuries. The amount of injuries were similar; the reaction to them was polar opposite.

"You lose! Good day, sir!"

-Willy Wonka

#16 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I love Ellerbe but hes not an elite ILB...yet.I argued with some 49er fans that he was on Willis' level during sb week because of his stats this year but that was just to get under their skin lol.Why is it that all of our players pull this im elite bs when their contract is up?I never see any other teams players do that.This is our 5th player in the past 2 years to pull the "im the best at my position" card.

#17 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

The Steelers could have won if not for injuries. I thought coaches didn't make excuses?
The Ravens only had half their defense playing ALL season. Ray Lewis missed 10 games. Suggs missed 6 and played on 1 leg and with 1 arm. Ellerbee missed time and played with no thumbs. One of the best CB in the etire leauge did not play the Ravens final 14 games. Pollard played with 6 broken ribs. LD McClain missed the last part of the season and playoffs. Through it all we won the Super Bowl. No excused. Next man up. That is the Ravens Motto. The Steelers Motto is well we could have won but we had guys hurt. When Ben came back they stunk. So what is that excuse?

#18 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Give it a rest Lebeau, you senile old fool !
Squeelers sucked, We gave them that second game more than they beat us, we beat ourselves.
I wouldn't be suprised if the go 8 & 8 again this year.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Why is it that all of our players pull this im elite bs when their contract is up?I never see any other teams players do that.This is our 5th player in the past 2 years to pull the "im the best at my position" card.

I see your point; but Ellerbe didn't say those things, his agent did. I think :/

#20 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

We had the same ,if not worse injury situation they did and like many teams do going into the second half of a season. It's No Excuse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users