Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] LFW 2/20: Could Ravens Land Charles Woodson?

90 posts in this topic

Get Pierce more touches. Ticket prices increase for first time since 2009. Jets cut Scott.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/LFW-220-Could-Ravens-Land-Charles-Woodson/3e5f4098-758a-4627-a452-1b6e6197e237]View the full article[/url]

We don't need Woodson if Reed leaves. We Have BONE CRUSHER! Pollard will do just fine.

Interesting article about the possible interest in Woodson. T=I am glad that the FO is at least considering all contingencies. It is something to think about.

Seems like we should be hearing something of player movement in our own right. A lot of other teams have made cuts and we know we have to make some of our own. Not hearing anything at this point makes me believe that these decisions are not cut-and-dry and that we're mulling over a very long list of options and are probably making contact with agents regarding possible contract extensions.

The only obvious cut in my mind is Bobbie Williams and I think a decision on him and Matt Birk will be the first news we hear. I have yet to hear whether Birk has had any further thoughts on his potential retirement.

it would be helpful information to know if woodson played free safety or strong safety, which would explain whether we would be interested or not. seems like there could be younger and more suitable options - and possibly Webb or J Smith could fit the FS role too.

Woodson may be headed to Canton, But it would be foolish to get there through Baltimore. We already have a better free safety. His name is Ed Reed. It would be more likely to resign Ed then what it would cost to give Woodson a one year deal as a Raven. Woodson has had a great career but I think Ed is the better player and it would not make cents to replace an aging veteran with another aging veteran. The Ravens are not that desperate, Let him go to KC if he wants to try to extend his career another tear or two.

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1361371451' post='1363032']
Seems like we should be hearing something of player movement in our own right. A lot of other teams have made cuts and we know we have to make some of our own. Not hearing anything at this point makes me believe that these decisions are not cut-and-dry and that we're mulling over a very long list of options and are probably making contact with agents regarding possible contract extensions.

The only obvious cut in my mind is Bobbie Williams and I think a decision on him and Matt Birk will be the first news we hear. I have yet to hear whether Birk has had any further thoughts on his potential retirement.
[/quote]I agree, I have expected to hear more by now, However, we did cut loose Denise Dixon to the Eagles, thats the only one I've heard so far.

I've headr the comments about Webb moving to FS, but he is still to valuable at the corner. If an in house move was to be made I think Graham would be the better fit. Thats after Ed retires of course.

Id rather us pick up another young safety in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the draft and let him,Brown and Thompson battle it out for the starters spot if Reed decides to go elsewhere.

I'm going to see if I can switch Webb over to FS tonight on Madden 13 and see how it goes. I don't think he is going to be good at stopping the run.

I think it's funny how Woodley is getting ripped on by another player. Isn't this the same Woodley who said "Joe Flacco will not win a Super Bowl in this lifetime"?

what's amazing to me is the press has hounded our defense all year about how old it is . and now they suggest we go older at the safety position. I like Woodson but I love Reed . the fo needs to find a way to work it out . the steelers are turning into the jets.

we need to go young for ed reeds replacement not older... but i wouldnt mind bring woodson in just not at a price that is anything more then low.

[quote name='propjoe' timestamp='1361373301' post='1363049']
I'm going to see if I can switch Webb over to FS tonight on Madden 13 and see how it goes. I don't think he is going to be good at stopping the run.
[/quote]Niether does Ed Reed, but there both great in blitz option packages.
Do you really make you player opinions on the madden game?

This is my guess only, my opinion only!.....but I see Reed signing a spread out 5 yr deal (until I retire deal, probably only plays 3 more years), I see us signing Ellerbe to a 5 yr deal,I think C. Williams is going to ask for too much money and go for highest pay check on another team, I think Kruger wants to come back to Baltimore but other teams will out pay us.

Of course this is all crystal ball crap from everybody at this point, and I trust the Great and Powerful OZ to do what he does best anyway. So.....how long to preseason????!!

GO RAVENS!

The Woodson story is a fluff story. Theres nothing else to report on so why not a speculation story. Theres no point in getting him. Why trade one old safety for another? Even if Reed leaves the Ravens will be fine. Ozzie always finds a way to make it work. Besides if Woodson was still that good then he would still be in Green Bay.

If reed goes , I doubt this is going to happen ,why not give our younger guys a try Omar Brown, Asa Jackson, moving JImmy Smith over . I know to suggest replacing a future hall of famer with a rookie or second year player is outrageous but if Reed leaves we can't stop him why not give these guys a chance if it works we are genius if not it can be changed by bringing in a vet .
I pray we never start with the in fighting in the locker room .the steelers are really falling apart .

Dont want Woodson he is great but he is getting injured and a lot older skills have declined. Try to keep Reed or get a younger option in the draft.

I think Reed is the only one of those to stay. Ellerbe a possibility, but not kruger or Williams. I can see williams in Indy and Kruger not really sure of but some team is going to give him over 5 mil a season.

Oh and I find it funny that a anonymous player on the Steelers team said all that about Woodley, Good for them! In a year when he was obviously out of football shape and injured a lot, Joe Flacco comes through and leads the Ravens to our 2nd SuperBowl. Laughs on you Woodley.

We already have an old safety in Ed Reed, whom we want to retain and now we should pick up an even older safety/corner, who is less accomplished on top of that.
Not unless he comes at a bargain price. And lets face it, he won't.

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1361374591' post='1363063']
This is my guess only, my opinion only!.....but I see Reed signing a spread out 5 yr deal (until I retire deal, probably only plays 3 more years), I see us signing Ellerbe to a 5 yr deal,I think C. Williams is going to ask for too much money and go for highest pay check on another team, I think Kruger wants to come back to Baltimore but other teams will out pay us.

Of course this is all crystal ball crap from everybody at this point, and I trust the Great and Powerful OZ to do what he does best anyway. So.....how long to preseason????!!

GO RAVENS!
[/quote]I posted a similar thought on another article a little while ago, I was thinking a three year deal but it's the same principal. Similar to the deal they cut with Big Ray to let him play out his career as a Raven. I think Ed would make that deal, He wants to retire a Raven.

Wasn't it Woodley b4 the start of last season on NFL Network stated boldly that Flacco would not win a Superbowl while he was playing with the Steelers. Careful the words that one speaks so freely. Now his teammate[unknown, ha ha] rippin on him.