Ravens-Texans      Joe Flacco      Schedule   

Photo

[News] LFW 2/20: Could Ravens Land Charles Woodson?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Get Pierce more touches. Ticket prices increase for first time since 2009. Jets cut Scott.

View the full article

#2 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

No, we don't want or need Bart Scott.

And we would only want Woodson as a stopgap if Reed is to leave.

#3 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

We don't need Woodson if Reed leaves. We Have BONE CRUSHER! Pollard will do just fine.

#4 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,706 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Interesting article about the possible interest in Woodson. T=I am glad that the FO is at least considering all contingencies. It is something to think about.

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Seems like we should be hearing something of player movement in our own right. A lot of other teams have made cuts and we know we have to make some of our own. Not hearing anything at this point makes me believe that these decisions are not cut-and-dry and that we're mulling over a very long list of options and are probably making contact with agents regarding possible contract extensions.

The only obvious cut in my mind is Bobbie Williams and I think a decision on him and Matt Birk will be the first news we hear. I have yet to hear whether Birk has had any further thoughts on his potential retirement.

#6 designermaryland

designermaryland

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

it would be helpful information to know if woodson played free safety or strong safety, which would explain whether we would be interested or not. seems like there could be younger and more suitable options - and possibly Webb or J Smith could fit the FS role too.

#7 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Woodson may be headed to Canton, But it would be foolish to get there through Baltimore. We already have a better free safety. His name is Ed Reed. It would be more likely to resign Ed then what it would cost to give Woodson a one year deal as a Raven. Woodson has had a great career but I think Ed is the better player and it would not make cents to replace an aging veteran with another aging veteran. The Ravens are not that desperate, Let him go to KC if he wants to try to extend his career another tear or two.

#8 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Seems like we should be hearing something of player movement in our own right. A lot of other teams have made cuts and we know we have to make some of our own. Not hearing anything at this point makes me believe that these decisions are not cut-and-dry and that we're mulling over a very long list of options and are probably making contact with agents regarding possible contract extensions.

The only obvious cut in my mind is Bobbie Williams and I think a decision on him and Matt Birk will be the first news we hear. I have yet to hear whether Birk has had any further thoughts on his potential retirement.

I agree, I have expected to hear more by now, However, we did cut loose Denise Dixon to the Eagles, thats the only one I've heard so far.

#9 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

to be hones i wouldnt mind seeing webb playing FS! He is a ball hawk aint scared to hit hmmm just pondering lol

#10 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I've headr the comments about Webb moving to FS, but he is still to valuable at the corner. If an in house move was to be made I think Graham would be the better fit. Thats after Ed retires of course.

#11 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Id rather us pick up another young safety in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the draft and let him,Brown and Thompson battle it out for the starters spot if Reed decides to go elsewhere.

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 20 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#12 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'm going to see if I can switch Webb over to FS tonight on Madden 13 and see how it goes. I don't think he is going to be good at stopping the run.

#13 Ravenz_Win

Ravenz_Win

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

LaMarr Woodley needs to give Flacco his props.

#14 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

On paper it sounds good to bring Woodson here but the team doesn't need him if Ed Reed decides to stay.

#15 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think it's funny how Woodley is getting ripped on by another player. Isn't this the same Woodley who said "Joe Flacco will not win a Super Bowl in this lifetime"?

#16 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

what's amazing to me is the press has hounded our defense all year about how old it is . and now they suggest we go older at the safety position. I like Woodson but I love Reed . the fo needs to find a way to work it out . the steelers are turning into the jets.

#17 92de52fence55

92de52fence55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

we need to go young for ed reeds replacement not older... but i wouldnt mind bring woodson in just not at a price that is anything more then low.

#18 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I'm going to see if I can switch Webb over to FS tonight on Madden 13 and see how it goes. I don't think he is going to be good at stopping the run.

Niether does Ed Reed, but there both great in blitz option packages.
Do you really make you player opinions on the madden game?

#19 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

This is my guess only, my opinion only!.....but I see Reed signing a spread out 5 yr deal (until I retire deal, probably only plays 3 more years), I see us signing Ellerbe to a 5 yr deal,I think C. Williams is going to ask for too much money and go for highest pay check on another team, I think Kruger wants to come back to Baltimore but other teams will out pay us.

Of course this is all crystal ball crap from everybody at this point, and I trust the Great and Powerful OZ to do what he does best anyway. So.....how long to preseason????!!

GO RAVENS!

#20 Mr.Fish

Mr.Fish

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

The Woodson story is a fluff story. Theres nothing else to report on so why not a speculation story. Theres no point in getting him. Why trade one old safety for another? Even if Reed leaves the Ravens will be fine. Ozzie always finds a way to make it work. Besides if Woodson was still that good then he would still be in Green Bay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users