137 replies to this topic

#121 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I wouldn't put much thought into T'eo, he will probably not last long enough to pick him anyway. This girlfriend thing made him look foolish and the media eats that stuff up. Football Scouts, Coaches and Managers will give that very little wieght to it when it comes to talent on the field. Just because the media talking heads say he looses favor over this is not realistic.
If he is available at 32, I would take him, To be a HT runner up as a Defencive player is nothing to sneeze at. He's got the talent, the maturity will come in time.

#122 provemewrong2052

provemewrong2052

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

bart scott was great when we had him noway we go back there he's older and we don't get players back when we get rid of them.

#123 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Just got my 2013 PLS renewal form, Check is in the mail, Come on August.
Go Ravens.

#124 mika33390

mika33390

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

As Oz point it out, our middle of the D is our big problem and i'm sure we will pick two or three ILB and Interior Linemen during this draft:

At ILB I love Ellerbe and he was our best player on defense this year but i've heard the Ravens staff have big concerns about his inability to "take care of his body " on the field. He had tons of injury the past two years and it can be a big concern that lead to not matching other's team offer during the free agency...

At DT Terrence Cody has been a HUUUGE disapointment...

I would love to get Jesse Williams and i really hope is knee is ok. i love his high motor and he remind me a lot of Kelly Gregg.

Kevin Minter would be THE STEAL of the day 01 if he falls to 32. and a no brainer ...

... But ... Ozz will trade down ...

#125 PlAyLiKeArAvEn96

PlAyLiKeArAvEn96

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

HMMMMM...Bart Scott is now a free agent just got resleased by the Jets...hmmmm....

UNBELIEVABLE all the negative quotea and "hate" you're getting for simply mentioning Bart Scott's availability - a man who sweat, bled & cried for the Purple & Black while he was here. He was one of the better players on an ELITE defense> Baltimore has always showed loyalty to players/coaches after leaving our organization (Rex, Heap, JJ, etc.) -> why all the drama against Bart??

#126 BEACHBOY

BEACHBOY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

The Ravens need to get back to their roots which is stopping the run. Make teams one dimentional and watch your pass rush and pass coverage improve without addition. Pollard led the team in tackles during the regular season and Ray led them in the playoffs, but these stops were being made 5-6-7 yards down field, sometimes more. Teams have relentlessly doubled Haloti and he won't be around long if he has to continue to take that kind of pounding game in and game out. We need the next Sam Adams out of this draft, an agile run stuffer. Resign Ellerbie and make DT our No. 1 priority in the draft.

#127 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Ozzie may have something on the hook. It's a couple teams with two 2nd & 3rd round picks. If Minter / Vaccaro/ or a top tier talent isn't available we will most likely trade back.

#128 flaccosberger

flaccosberger

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Boosting our d line will make the whole d better. We will find a great young lb late in the draft like we always do. Left tackle needs to be addressed early too!

#129 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I also like Jake Knott making the transition to a 3-4 inside backer as a late round or UFA he plays hard and can cover a good bit to

#130 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I wouldn't mind trading up for a lt or dt. Otherwise I see Ozzie trading back due to amount the team would pay and value of picks if someone is willing to make a reasonable deal. I hope this Flacco situation is settled soon so we can have an idea of th cap going forward.

Edited by redrum52, 20 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#131 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Trade down & picking up extra picks

#132 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Stay put and take one of the above mentioned players! I'm sure there will be similar value at the top of the 2nd round even if we do end up trading down again. Upshaw didn't turn out all that badly this year did he?

Edited by CapoRocky, 21 February 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#133 Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

UNBELIEVABLE all the negative quotea and "hate" you're getting for simply mentioning Bart Scott's availability - a man who sweat, bled & cried for the Purple & Black while he was here. He was one of the better players on an ELITE defense> Baltimore has always showed loyalty to players/coaches after leaving our organization (Rex, Heap, JJ, etc.) -> why all the drama against Bart??

Maybe because as a Jet Bart Scott talked a heap of trash about the Ravens?

#134 monahco

monahco

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Trade up and get our Left Tackle of the future, resign Ellerbe at ILB, and draft FS Philip Thomas from Fresno in the 3rd if he's still there.

#135 Amesr52

Amesr52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Draft all DL one of them has to pan out then. haha

#136 BmoreBirds22

BmoreBirds22

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Beach boy, I couldn't have said it any more perfect myself. Ngata needs a strong space eater next to him for his own well being and most importantly for the well being of our run defense which was weaker than usual . We tryed to get this guy in the 2010 draft by selecting Terrence " mount" Cody and he hasn't been a significant run stuffer like we hoped and sadly enough , he most likely won't be . John Jenkins from Georgia would be a really good option, very strong space eater who is a good run stopper and can also provide a strong bull rush .

#137 BmoreBirds22

BmoreBirds22

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

John Jenkins or Jesse Williams would be the best somewhat realistic options. Jesse is safer doesn't have much if any downside at all , he will be a strong space eater, make others look better and give haloti I little less of a load to carry . He just doesn't present much if any pass rush ability at all . John Jenkins is a bit riskier because of condition problems but is more well rounded , can be a space eater as well as a strong bull rusher who can take a double team. We'd be lucky to land either guy at 32 but luckily for us this draft is deep at N.T

#138 nick98c

nick98c

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

DO NOT DRAFT MANTI TEO HE IS OVERRATED HE PLAYED HORRIBLE IN THE BCS GAME, THE ONLY GAME THAT A TEAM HAS NFL CALIBER PLAYERS HE PALYED LIKE POOP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users