Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Mock Draft Monitor 1.0

139 posts in this topic

Here's a round-up of mock drafts projecting who the Ravens will take at pick No. 32.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Mock-Draft-Monitor-10/c7fcaf34-000b-4266-8fdc-4ff0e0df7698]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='Jfravens' timestamp='1361302048' post='1362249']
I really Don't see Te'o coming to the ravens... i just dont like him
[/quote]agree 100%.

If we can sign Ed and Dannell back, we are probably going to trade out of the first round. The 32nd overall pick feels great when you earn it, but it is essentially a 2nd round pick.

We would have to move up to select Minter, the player we really need. But Ozzie doesn't believe in doing that. These projections are fun to read, but other than it being a defensive player, who knows what the front office will do with the 32nd pick?

Why do people hate Teo so much? If that girlfriend story didnt break, everyone would be poppin bottles if he was projected to go to the Ravens.

I would love him, he's a great player.

Aside from all NON FOOTBALL ISSUES with Te'o I think he'd be a great fit. We're the kind of locker room that can absorb those kinds of issues and distractions while bringing out the best in a player. I'm not 100% sold on Minter but Te'o is the REAL DEAL

Let those thumbs down keep rolling on in guys. It only prove you don't have a clue

Whats with all the [[i]people[/i]] going "HERP DERP I DONT LIEK TE'O THEREFORE HE ISNT A GOOD PLAYER"? You guys don't have a clue

Also you guys can give me thumbs down all you want, it wont make your idiotic opinion any more valid

mmmm delicious tears of the people

[quote name='charliebucket' timestamp='1361303957' post='1362288']
Whats with all the [[i]people[/i]] going "HERP DERP I DONT LIEK TE'O THEREFORE HE ISNT A GOOD PLAYER"? You guys don't have a clue
[/quote]same thing that's wrong with someone who has to resort to name calling to make a point. Bama steam rolled over te'o and i think Minter is a better fit . everyone is entitled to there own opinion and as adults it happens sometimes.

I understand having manti teo would be awesome but dont we already have mcclain and ellerbe (if we resign him) and even bynes. I feel as if mcclain was hralthy for the playoffs, him and ellerbe wouldve been the best combo. Then again mcclain had a huge injury so some debth might be needed. Yeah theyre gonna go with the best available. Teos leadership would also be needed

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1361303001' post='1362267']
If we manage to land Jesse Williams I will cry like a little girl out of happiness.
[/quote]i would happily pass you some of my kleenex .Love williams.

I am hoping Ellerbe can get resigned and trade out of the first round. The Ravens staff has proven time and time again that we can get talent in later rounds. However, if Sheldon Richardson is available at 32 I think he would be a great addition.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1361304231' post='1362293']
same thing that's wrong with someone who has to resort to name calling to make a point. Bama steam rolled over te'o and i think Minter is a better fit . everyone is entitled to there own opinion and as adults it happens sometimes.
[/quote]

There is no name calling. Thinking Te'o isn't a good player because of ONE GAME and the whole girlfriend thing is idiotic. Its not name calling its a simple fact.

I see us trading out of the first round again,,,,, i watch the draft then wham the Baltimore ravens trade,,,,, Everyone i want in the first will be long gone by the time the ravens pick . I don't even see Te'o falling to us .I was hoping to see more of Bynes Ellerbe and Mcclain if he can recover fully .

I don't like Sam Montgomery I feel he's overrated just because of who he plays for he disappears from games way to much to get picked in the 1st

charlie bucket - teo is ok, not good or great. minter is better. and im not basing it on one game. im basing it on the whole season. look at his stats. he has way more assists than solo tackles.. thats a problem right there

I also don't like Swearinger from what I saw from him he looks very stiff in coverage he is a factor in the run but if he Ravens go safety I think hey trade out of the first get a few picks and get Baccari Rambo early to mid 2nd I like him allot

i think we trade out of the first as well . If we can't retain Reed and Ellerbee then maybe we make a pick but i don't see Ozzie trading up . IF he did decide to trade up he should go big and pick Chance warmack or Star Lotulelei and yes i know I'm dreaming

No way Kevin Minter or Sheldon Richardson falls to the ravens that would be sick if they did though especially Minter dudes a beast but Richardson would give a nice push up the middle at d end

The pick I really want is Jesse Williams he's a monster and that would easily give the Ravens the best NT rotation in the AFC possibly the NFL

[quote name='eek' timestamp='1361305248' post='1362307']
charlie bucket - teo is ok, not good or great. minter is better. and im not basing it on one game. im basing it on the whole season. look at his stats. he has way more assists than solo tackles.. thats a problem right there
[/quote]your exactly right the tape tells the tale minter is better .

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1361305562' post='1362313']
The pick I really want is Jesse Williams he's a monster and that would easily give the Ravens the best NT rotation in the AFC possibly the NFL
[/quote]i like him too but i didn't think he would last til 32

Does anyone think Alec Ogletree will slide down far enough with his "off-field issues" for the Ravens to trade up about 5 or 6 picks, since we have a few compensitory picks coming our way?

Pulling from this list... Sheldon Richardson would be the best pick/fit for the ravens. we need a DT. Stopping the run needs to be a major priority this year! our first round pick needs to be the best available DT in my opinion. Richardson probably wont be available to us, but if he is that would be one sweet pickup!

If the teams picking before us want to be naive and idiotic to pass up on Manti Teo then by all means let them. Not drafting the kid because he was "Catfished" which by the way is really common nowadays and for him making the
"human" mistake letting the whole situation get to his head and his emotions thus throwing him off his game in the national championship, thats just plain stupidity. Manti is a true football player with exceptional talent and potential. What he did on the field on a pretty much consistent basis was no fluke or fake occurrence. If Manti slips to us at 32 I guarantee that this kid will play lights out with a huge chip on his shoulder to show and prove everyone wrong that has doubted him. If we draft Manti I honestly believe we would be getting the steal of the draft and that the city of Baltimore would not only embrace Manti Teo but stand behind him and support him aka what we did for Ray Lewis and his situation.

Teo wouldn't be bad but I'd rather see Jesse Williams or if they wait I like Kevin Reddick or Nico Johnson at LB I also like Jonathan Bostic he tackles well and can make some plays in the passing game and normally Florida Gators come out of college pretty well suited for the NFL and are ready to contribut almost immediately

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1361305595' post='1362314']
your exactly right the tape tells the tale minter is better .
[/quote]

That only proves you've watched zero to no tape on Te'o

I like Taavon Austin to he's electric but I don't see the Ravens drafting him unless they loose Anquan and they don't think anyone can step up and make plays from the slot to me there are better players that are going to be available on defense and bigger needs than WR but Austin is a beast

If by chance we cant draft Manti then Id say we should go anywhere on the DL or OLB. My personal preference for ILB would be Arthur Brown or Jonathan Bostic in the 2nd or 3rd. Basically this entire draft should be heavily focused on defense with adding just a little more youth on OL and possibly TE.

If the stars align somehow I would love for Ziggy Ansah to fall to us, he's a freak show like pierre paul is. But if that doesn't happen I would Love for Teo to fall to us because he'll have BY FAR the biggest chip on his shoulder and the most to prove. We need that on our defense.

[quote name='ravenslife' timestamp='1361305773' post='1362320']
Pulling from this list... Sheldon Richardson would be the best pick/fit for the ravens. we need a DT. Stopping the run needs to be a major priority this year! our first round pick needs to be the best available DT in my opinion. Richardson probably wont be available to us, but if he is that would be one sweet pickup!
[/quote]
The thing is Richardson is very good but he's more of a pass rusher he definitely would help against the run but not as much as a good NT would like Williams or Jenkins

After watching tape of Minter in not sure where everyone is getting this "he is going to be a beast in the NFL" feeling he doesnt run sideline to sideline he looked slow and couldnt get off of blocks against WASHINGTON of all teams!

If Te'o is as good as advertised, unfortunately I think Pittsburgh will take him.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, man are they gonna suck in 2013 ! lol

The Ravens need to draft Kevin Reddick from UNC, out of all these so call good inside linebackers the only one that has been consistent is Kevin Reddick who played and started all 4 years in college and he's a Butch Davis product, no need to name all his recruits that are playing in the NFL before he left Miami. Coker was basically given a dynasty team. Need I say more. He's the sleeper in the draft that no one is talking about. People get to caught up in names instead of watching the games. Te'o won't last in the NFL as a middle linebacker because he's not physical enough. I'm tired of people saying that people are judging him on one game, well every team in the NFL is better than Alabama, not only that this is the AFC North. Minter is in the SEC and Reddick in the ACC, which isn't a cake walk division but the same can't be said about Notre Dame, who pick and chose the teams to play, basically cooking the books to have a good record which told how good they really were in the championship game.

[quote name='smithdevin14' timestamp='1361306185' post='1362331']
If the stars align somehow I would love for Ziggy Ansah to fall to us, he's a freak show like pierre paul is. But if that doesn't happen I would Love for Teo to fall to us because he'll have BY FAR the biggest chip on his shoulder and the most to prove. We need that on our defense.
[/quote]
He is a athletic freak and he's a pretty good football player to but I don't think he will fall to 32 and I don't Ike him as a 3-4 OLB I think he's one of those guys better suited as a 4-3 D End because being pretty raw he's probably not fluent in coverage and the Ravens need some guys that can do it all and not just move north all the time

That's hat I was saying earlier get Reddick he's a beast if he Ravens do loose Ellerbe he will instantly patch it he's fluent in coverage can take on blocks and stop the run and he's a pretty freakin good blitzer

Ogletrees a beast to but there's no chance he falls to 32 either and for the people that say he gets engulfed in blocks look at that video brutt3raven posted he instantly sheds and beats Chance Warmacks block and he supposed to be the best guard and a potential #1 overall pick for me that little scene was enough to prove he can't shed blocks wrong

[quote name='J-man' timestamp='1361302927' post='1362265']
Why do people hate Teo so much? If that girlfriend story didnt break, everyone would be poppin bottles if he was projected to go to the Ravens.

I would love him, he's a great player.
[/quote]

Personal issues aside, I don't hate him. I just don't think he's a good fit.

Every college player who actually makes it to the NFL all say the speed of the game in the NFL is so much
faster in the NFL. Te'o was none existent in the BCS champ game against a fast SEC Alabama
team. If he can't shed blocks from a fast SEC team, how do you think he's going to fare in the much
faster NFL?

Actually jrs i think he may fall to us or 2nd round after his off-field issues recently, which we've dealt with before with many players that turned into stars