Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM LEGEND

Ravens increasing Ticket prices

103 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-to-raise-ticket-prices-at-mt-bank-stadium-this-season-20130219,0,2297062.story

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1361295496' post='1362118']
How much we talking here?
[/quote]

Says an average of 10%

Also says stadium is having some renovations done....I hope this includes putting up a proper scoreboard..

[quote name='I AM LEGEND' timestamp='1361294605' post='1362098']
First time in 4 seasons...as only to be expected after a superbowl trip..

No more 99$ wildcard playoff tickets for me... :(
[/quote]
see? we're already feeling the future effects of this "monster" Joe Flacco deal. the team is increasing the prices....... lol

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1361297220' post='1362164']
At least you can still get cheap Orioles tickets!
[/quote]
Yeah only until we win it all this year. ;)

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1361296490' post='1362153']
see? we're already feeling the future effects of this "monster" Joe Flacco deal. the team is increasing the prices....... lol
[/quote]If the Ravens have to go by the salary cap, ( 121 mil ). What does raising ticket prices have to do with Joe's contract?

[quote name='JacktheRaven' timestamp='1361297729' post='1362175']
If the Ravens have to go by the salary cap, ( 121 mil ). What does raising ticket prices have to do with Joe's contract?
[/quote]it was sarcasm. because of the way all the talk about this flacco deal costing the team "a few players" the team is raising ticket prices to have more room. it was sarcasm.

Now that the Ravens are NFL Champions, there's going to be a much bigger demand to see them, hence the price spike. The larger the demand, the larger the price. Simpel economics.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1361299280' post='1362201']
Now that the Ravens are NFL Champions, there's going to be a much bigger demand to see them, hence the price spike. The larger the demand, the larger the price. [b]Simpel economics.[/b]
[/quote]

Oh so simpel.

IMO, the fan experience at The Bank is top notch. Does it really matter to anyone without season tickets? Us who buy on open market get yanked hard anyhow. Besides, Steve hasn't raised prices in a few years and we just won the Super Bowl. We're victim of great success. We're still moderatly priced within the NFL.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now that the Ravens are NFL Champions, there's going to be a much bigger demand to see them, hence the price spike. The larger the demand, the larger the price. Simple economics.[/font][/color]

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1361299673' post='1362209']
IMO, the fan experience at The Bank is top notch. Does it really matter to anyone without season tickets? Us who buy on open market get yanked hard anyhow. Besides, Steve hasn't raised prices in a few years and we just won the Super Bowl. We're victim of great success. We're still moderatly priced within the NFL.
[/quote]

The dynasty teams (NE, PIT, NYG) charge a lot more than us. BAL is a very young team in a small market, so the tickets will still be very reasonably priced.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1361299797' post='1362213']
The dynasty teams (NE, PIT, NYG) charge a lot more than us. BAL is a very young team in a small market, so the tickets will still be very reasonably priced.
[/quote]

I know.... approaching top third in pricing. We're probably one of the highest priced small market teams. Only GB ( small city ), with lots of history fetches more.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1361299673' post='1362209']
[/quote]

Thanks for being the voice of reason. It's really a deal at any price as the games are all unique once in a lifetime type of experiences.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1361300314' post='1362221']
I love to make it bigger, more seats more fans, more noise.
[/quote]

I don't really see any way that they can increase the number of seats in M&T bank without MAJOR structural changes to the stadium.

[quote name='terpsnation' timestamp='1361300853' post='1362230']

I don't really see any way that they can increase the number of seats in M&T bank without MAJOR structural changes to the stadium.
[/quote]yea bit of a pipe dream. Major surgery is going to have to happen eventually or else they will move to a new location and build a new one though.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1361300063' post='1362216']
I know.... approaching top third in pricing. We're probably one of the highest priced small market teams. Only GB ( small city ), with lots of history fetches more.
[/quote]

Keep in mind a lot of the small market teams (JAC, KC, AZ) suck, which helps to keep their prices perpetually down.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1361300919' post='1362231']
yea bit of a pipe dream. Major surgery is going to have to happen eventually or else they will move to a new location and build a new one though.
[/quote]

I'm not so sure. We currently have the 14th highest stadium capacity in the league. I don't think the city of Baltimore would want the Ravens to move out of the city, and if they do, I don't really know where they'd go.

Very few if any organizations are more sensitive to the needs of thier following than the Raven's management. As a consumer I feel fortunate prices were stagnant for 4 years.

They still need better reception for cell phones or Free WiFi... this was bound to happen at some point, and the Ravens said that this increase was decided months ago, before we won the Super Bowl. Now, it's more justified lol, and besides, as others have already pointed out, this is the first increase in 4 seasons. Let's hope that trend continues...

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1361296490' post='1362153']
[/quote]you had to go there didn't ya lol

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1361307649' post='1362358']
you had to go there didn't ya lol
[/quote]
all in good fun, yes :268213:

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1361308549' post='1362371']
all in good fun, yes :268213:
[/quote]that was hilarious perfect timing too