91 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

While the veteran may have other options, it would be hard to see him leaving the Ravens.

View the full article

#2 BoominRaven

BoominRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

love ed reed... but he's not the same player he used to be and financially and as a player ellerbe, kruger, art jones, and even cary williams is more important

#3 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

This is an absolute must-read on Ed Reed, where Kevin Van Valkenburg, formerly of The Baltimore Sun, shows Ed's tremendous leadership role on this team. It also tells the WHOLE story about the now-famous "Team Meeting" held after the loss to Houston, and how it was Ed Reed and John Harbaugh working together that pulled this team out of the ashes:

http://espn.go.com/n...ing-plain-sight

#4 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Do I hope Reed is back as a Raven? Yes! But only if it's at the right price...

#5 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ed reed has been my favorite player since he played in college . I see he is not the same player he once was , my mind tells me a younger player makes more sense . Yes he runs his mouth and says things he shouldn't , he keeps it real even at the expense of others. But one more year is not allot to ask let him train omar brown. the fo needs to find a way to get him back .

Edited by runamuk, 19 February 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#6 Utah_Raven

Utah_Raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Keep Reed. Dump Cary Williams.

#7 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

This is an absolute must-read on Ed Reed, where Kevin Van Valkenburg, formerly of The Baltimore Sun, shows Ed's tremendous leadership role on this team. It also tells the WHOLE story about the now-famous "Team Meeting" held after the loss to Houston, and how it was Ed Reed and John Harbaugh working together that pulled this team out of the ashes:

http://espn.go.com/n...ing-plain-sight

i loved that article thanks for sharing it .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#8 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I said it before, and I know it's just a gut feeling, But I believe Ed will reach a deal with the Ravens. I truely think he cares more about retiring a Raven and following Ray Lewis into the Ravens History books than he does about a one year big money deal with another team. Wait and see, I bet ya a buck I'm right on this one.

Though I have been wrong so many times.lol

#9 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I am a huge ed Reed fan but his time is up! He doesnt tackle, lost a couple of steps, injuries are catching up. Also he will want more money cause he knows it will be his last years playing in the NFL. He will go to a different team and will be signed to a one day contract and retire a Raven. We need to go young at FS, we need to hit

#10 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

I've got... 2 tickets to paradiiiiise!!! Ooooh ooooo oooo ooo ooo oh oh! Sorry still basking :-)

#11 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

At this point, if they can sign Ellerbe and Reed, I will be eternally happy. While Kruger is one of my favorite players, I've accepted that he most likely won't be here. I hope we sign Ihedigbo to a long term deal too. The guy played great.

#12 manofsteel

manofsteel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

He is always hurt....scared to tackle the correct way...low. Does not play his position well anymore. He should GO and take Cary Williams with him. He is not RAVEN material anymore. No one else wants him....that's why he is here. Get a new Safety and let Reed play second string. Spen the money on Kruger, Ellerbe and Bouldin. Reed please go!!!!!!

#13 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

While the line is important, the linebackers are important, the corners and safeties are important,... what's most important is the MIDDLE of the defense!

If we keep Ngata, Ellerbe and Reed we're good!!!

#14 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

While the line is important, the linebackers are important, the corners and safeties are important,... what's most important is the MIDDLE of the defense!

If we keep Ngata, Ellerbe and Reed we're good!!!

Can't believe it but I actually agree with you. Ellerbe being the biggest key.

#15 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

If Reed comes back it needs to be on a deal that is reflective of his current level of play. Honestly if he wants too much money I'd prefer we just go young and get a safety that will tackle. That being said, if the deal is right I'd love to see Reed back there for another season.

#16 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

All the Reed haters are forgetting all the times this past year that Ed made big plays.We would of lost in KC if

#17 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

We would of lost in KC if Reed dosen't recover the fumble in the End zone.Ed is still a play maker and that is something you just can't teach.Omar Brown will benefit greatly by having Ed around 1 or 2 more years.So all the Haters yall aren't true Ravens fans.Yall are Bandwagoners!!!

#18 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Players play and Haters hate!!

#19 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I disagree with some of you folks that Reed is done, I think he has a couple good years left in him. As far as hitting, I don't think there was any other defencive player fined as much as reed for hitting hard . Most of them appeared to be leagal hits as far as leading with the helmet, but the rule needs to be changed as far as helmet to helmet contact.
If Reed is reasonable, I think we should sign him for three years to stretch it out so not to hurt the cap, and let him retire the RAVEN he is.

#20 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

As long as Reed is a Raven we'll always have a ticket to paradise and speaking of paradise, I'm expecting Joe Flacco and his dogs to take us there at least 5 more times before he retires and as long as Jim Caldwell's still with the Ravens, he'll keep the dog leash off of Flacco and turn him loose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users