Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Expect Ed Reed Back In Baltimore

92 posts in this topic

While the veteran may have other options, it would be hard to see him leaving the Ravens.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Expect-Ed-Reed-Back-In-Baltimore-/f08a291d-54c1-44dc-adcc-ee06a54cf43d]View the full article[/url]

love ed reed... but he's not the same player he used to be and financially and as a player ellerbe, kruger, art jones, and even cary williams is more important

This is an absolute must-read on Ed Reed, where Kevin Van Valkenburg, formerly of The Baltimore Sun, shows Ed's tremendous leadership role on this team. It also tells the WHOLE story about the now-famous "Team Meeting" held after the loss to Houston, and how it was Ed Reed and John Harbaugh working together that pulled this team out of the ashes:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8892504/super-bowl-xlvii-ed-reed-hiding-plain-sight

Ed reed has been my favorite player since he played in college . I see he is not the same player he once was , my mind tells me a younger player makes more sense . Yes he runs his mouth and says things he shouldn't , he keeps it real even at the expense of others. But one more year is not allot to ask let him train omar brown. the fo needs to find a way to get him back .

[quote name='TheSim' timestamp='1361290391' post='1362043']
This is an absolute must-read on Ed Reed, where Kevin Van Valkenburg, formerly of The Baltimore Sun, shows Ed's tremendous leadership role on this team. It also tells the WHOLE story about the now-famous "Team Meeting" held after the loss to Houston, and how it was Ed Reed and John Harbaugh working together that pulled this team out of the ashes:

[url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8892504/super-bowl-xlvii-ed-reed-hiding-plain-sight"]http://espn.go.com/n...ing-plain-sight[/url]
[/quote]i loved that article thanks for sharing it .

I said it before, and I know it's just a gut feeling, But I believe Ed will reach a deal with the Ravens. I truely think he cares more about retiring a Raven and following Ray Lewis into the Ravens History books than he does about a one year big money deal with another team. Wait and see, I bet ya a buck I'm right on this one.

Though I have been wrong so many times.lol

I am a huge ed Reed fan but his time is up! He doesnt tackle, lost a couple of steps, injuries are catching up. Also he will want more money cause he knows it will be his last years playing in the NFL. He will go to a different team and will be signed to a one day contract and retire a Raven. We need to go young at FS, we need to hit

At this point, if they can sign Ellerbe and Reed, I will be eternally happy. While Kruger is one of my favorite players, I've accepted that he most likely won't be here. I hope we sign Ihedigbo to a long term deal too. The guy played great.

He is always hurt....scared to tackle the correct way...low. Does not play his position well anymore. He should GO and take Cary Williams with him. He is not RAVEN material anymore. No one else wants him....that's why he is here. Get a new Safety and let Reed play second string. Spen the money on Kruger, Ellerbe and Bouldin. Reed please go!!!!!!

While the line is important, the linebackers are important, the corners and safeties are important,... what's most important is the MIDDLE of the defense!

If we keep Ngata, Ellerbe and Reed we're good!!!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1361294059' post='1362094']
While the line is important, the linebackers are important, the corners and safeties are important,... what's most important is the MIDDLE of the defense!

If we keep Ngata, Ellerbe and Reed we're good!!!
[/quote]

Can't believe it but I actually agree with you. Ellerbe being the biggest key.

If Reed comes back it needs to be on a deal that is reflective of his current level of play. Honestly if he wants too much money I'd prefer we just go young and get a safety that will tackle. That being said, if the deal is right I'd love to see Reed back there for another season.

All the Reed haters are forgetting all the times this past year that Ed made big plays.We would of lost in KC if

We would of lost in KC if Reed dosen't recover the fumble in the End zone.Ed is still a play maker and that is something you just can't teach.Omar Brown will benefit greatly by having Ed around 1 or 2 more years.So all the Haters yall aren't true Ravens fans.Yall are Bandwagoners!!!

I disagree with some of you folks that Reed is done, I think he has a couple good years left in him. As far as hitting, I don't think there was any other defencive player fined as much as reed for hitting hard . Most of them appeared to be leagal hits as far as leading with the helmet, but the rule needs to be changed as far as helmet to helmet contact.
If Reed is reasonable, I think we should sign him for three years to stretch it out so not to hurt the cap, and let him retire the RAVEN he is.

As long as Reed is a Raven we'll always have a ticket to paradise and speaking of paradise, I'm expecting Joe Flacco and his dogs to take us there at least 5 more times before he retires and as long as Jim Caldwell's still with the Ravens, he'll keep the dog leash off of Flacco and turn him loose

[quote name='dhartm2' timestamp='1361295059' post='1362109']
If Reed comes back it needs to be on a deal that is reflective of his current level of play. Honestly if he wants too much money I'd prefer we just go young and get a safety that will tackle. That being said, if the deal is right I'd love to see Reed back there for another season.
[/quote]I agree, if the deal is right.

[quote name='TheSim' timestamp='1361290391' post='1362043']

[url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8892504/super-bowl-xlvii-ed-reed-hiding-plain-sight"]http://espn.go.com/n...ing-plain-sight[/url]
[/quote]

As far as that team meeting goes - Ed needs to think about that and ask himself if he'd have the same opportunities for "airing grievances" in another organization. People keep referring to the Pats as a possible landing spot for Reed ... so, what kind of response do you think Ed would get from Emperor Belichick if he tries to influence team direction in an open forum? Yeah, I don't think Bill keeps a suggestion box at the entrance of the locker room.

Just some things to consider, Ed, as you try to determine where to spend the rest of your career.

Very much hope Ed finishes his illustrious career playing only as a Raven, but until it's official I'm steeling myself to the fact that he is probably leaving.

I used to think Ed was leaving but after seeing his reaction to the championship and the city's response to Ed, I think he will make the decision to finish his career here. It's only natural to have the greatest linebacker and safety play for the same team their whole careers.

[quote name='manofsteel' timestamp='1361294054' post='1362093']
He is always hurt....scared to tackle the correct way...low. Does not play his position well anymore. He should GO and take Cary Williams with him. He is not RAVEN material anymore. No one else wants him....that's why he is here. Get a new Safety and let Reed play second string. Spen the money on Kruger, Ellerbe and Bouldin. Reed please go!!!!!!
[/quote] Always hurt? how many games did he miss this year? whats that ? I didnt hear you, did you say NONE? CORRECTOMUNDO.
Scared to tackle? He put the hurt on a lot of players this year. Ask THEM if afraid to tackle.
He plays his position so well that no one ever throws his way. Brady still has his "Know where 20 is" on his wrist cheat sheet.
Ed Reed will ALWAYS be Raven material. Once a Raven ALWAYS a Raven.
You need to wake up and smell what your shoveling.

Like I've said before. If we get rid of our best players just to sign one quaterback and a few shady guys, I don't believe we'll do so good. If we're letting go of someone, we better let go of plenty of people. I want Ed Reed back, but I'm not the GM. I want Boldin and Jones back, but I'm not the GM. I want Joe Flacco back, but I'm not the GM. I trust Ozzie and Eric more than any other GM and Personel partnership in the NFL. I can't wait til the draft and free agency starts going. Do you think we'll keep Ryan McBean? He had a bad luck injury this year, but that doesn't mean the Ravens won't bring him back to help Haloti Ngata. If not, draft Jonathan Hankins! We can get a linebacker in free agency or undrafted, we can do it!

Reed is the 3rd most important player for the Ravens to sign, imo, behind Joe and Dannelle. Lewis' departure will leave a bigger hole than most people expect because of the leadership vacuum it creates. Reed can fill that vacuum. I don't think you can understate how important that is. Coaches have been able to focus on the offense b/c Ray's leadership of the defense was solid. Ed Reed is the best person for stepping into that role. We need him a lot for both his playing ability and his leadership.

I'll put any amount on Reed returning and continuing his career as a Raven especially when he saw how much love Ray Lewis got when he announced his retirement before the playoffs. You don't think Reed want M&T to go crazy and show him all that love for before he calls it quits?