Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/18: Let The Franchise Tagging Begin

51 posts in this topic

Cameron praises Harbaugh. Boldin and Tucker appear on Fallon and best fits for T'eo.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-218-Let-The-Franchise-Tagging-Begin/4e310701-bc7d-4428-a7c5-8ab813baa328]View the full article[/url]

It feels so much better going into the offseason as Superbowl champs!!! *huge smile*...Ahhh! Still basking.

i have a feeling Joe Flacco will get signed the day before franchise tagging period ends.
thats what i had a posted a comment on a article about Teo, we have a and need a big d line that will free up teo

Watching that Fallon video, I can definitely say that kickers are certainly a breed unto themselves...

[quote name='raven410' timestamp='1361198042' post='1360926']
It feels so much better going into the offseason as Superbowl champs!!! *huge smile*...Ahhh! Still basking.
[/quote]
Absolutely ... Can you imagine how angst-filled all of these personnel decisions would be without the championship? Especially regarding Reed. If Reed ends up leaving, at least he's gotten his ring as a Raven. How horrible would it be if he had to leave here and ended up getting that ring somewhere else?

[quote name='raven410' timestamp='1361198042' post='1360926']
[/quote]Agree completely. Hard decisions ahead, but they're easier to stomach with a fresh Lombardi. Reed leaving us without a ring would've been hard to take.

No one will ever know where our offensive problems came from--how much was Cam? How much was Harbs? How much was Flacco? But I think Cam has shown nothing but class and grace since his dismissal, and I'm glad he got a ring.

I'm kind of glad Cam's getting a ring. After all, I think he probably had some say in a lot of the personnel decisions that built this offense. And really, he put that championship winning offense in place, it's just that Caldwell managed it far better. Cam definitely had a hand in this historic run.

I guess I don't understand people who continue to carry animosity toward Cam. Absolutely, his welcome here was long since worn out, but he was a contributor to the team we love.

I am glad he's landed on his feet and I'm also glad that he ended up in the college ranks, rather than the NFL. The fewer people with a deep knowledge of our team floating around the NFL the better.

I'm happy for Cam i knew he would work again hope he enjoys his ring he earned it . as for penalities wow thats allot I didn't realise we got THAT many . Not high on T'eo hope he goes before we pick. Minter is better for us.why do all draft "experts" always have us picking players with issues of varying sorts.

I have to admit, I was on these boards agreeing with the masses, to get rid of him several times over the past 2 years. Now I never wished any ill will upon him as a person, just didn't think he was cutting it as the OC. After he was let go I think he took the high road with his comments about his firing and being happy for the team, which in my opinion makes him a stand up guy. Frank Gore could have certainly learned a thing or two about handling adversity from Cam. I wish Cam the best, but no one can argue the team finally made the right call...

Cam still thinks he wasn't the problem, but the players were. Whatever floats his boat I guess. And I don't know how you can call a D-line that features Terrence Cody "atheletic".

I asked Kevin Byrne about the perception of Cam around the locker room. He responded that Cam was highly regarded both as a coach and person. Three weeks later he was fired. I guess the parting was very respectful. I don't remember the Ravens throwing anyone under the bus. Harbaugh's developed more of a family-type environment than a cut-throat football env. I am glad Cam is gone but also glad that he's found a job. No one likes to see people losing jobs an struggling. Good luck Cam. Hopefully you learned something in your experience with us.

@crabcakes

Did you see a 350 pound Ngata chasing Kaepernick out of bounds and making Brady slide for that infamous kick?

I think if T'eo falls to us we'd take him, but

1) I don't think he will, at all (this is all the usual media nonsense),

and 2) Since when do we need to use a 1st round pick to play ILB on this team? Not since 1996. This draft is deep with ILBs and DTs. We should trade back and get depth like we did last year.

[quote name='Crabcakes&Football' timestamp='1361202655' post='1360952']
Cam still thinks he wasn't the problem, but the players were. Whatever floats his boat I guess. And I don't know how you can call a D-line that features Terrence Cody "atheletic".
[/quote] Even if you're only referring to the interior; we still have 92...probably the mosth athletic DT in the league. Actually, he IS the most athletic.

Nobody deserves all of this attention like our Ravens do. I always love the off-season but this one has obviously been so much better!

There's never been a doubt in my mind that Cam will get a ring, he was on the team this year after all. There's lots of guys that contributed that will be getting rings I believe.

[quote name='Bat-mite' timestamp='1361201075' post='1360944']
No one will ever know where our offensive problems came from--how much was Cam? How much was Harbs? How much was Flacco? But I think Cam has shown nothing but class and grace since his dismissal, and I'm glad he got a ring.
[/quote]Pretty sure we all know it was definitely Cam.

The difference between Jim Caldwell and Cam Cameron was that Jim took off the leash and LET THE DOGS OUT, Joe Linta is going to ruin Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens

The firing of Cam seemed to have sent Joe Flacco from rags to riches. Joe was looking very questionable in the final games before Cams release.

The power of wake-up calls.

I don't like Teo!! Alabama Ran all over him.Trent Richardson would love to have to face him twice a year.We would officially have to MT.Softies on the team!!

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1361209886' post='1361066']
The difference between Jim Caldwell and Cam Cameron was that Jim took off the leash and LET THE DOGS OUT, [b]Joe Linta is going to ruin Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens[/b]
[/quote]

I've wonder the same but it would be the front office fault if they allow that to happen. We shall see!

[quote name='Stephenjr' timestamp='1361211039' post='1361081']
I don't like Teo!! Alabama Ran all over him.Trent Richardson would love to have to face him twice a year.We would officially have to MT.Softies on the team!!
[/quote]

I thought the same but one must realize that one game did not make him a good player nor should one game destroy a career.

The Ravens will look at T'eo's whole body of work, from high school up until his last play in the national championship. They will decide from that where he ranks on the "big board". If hes on top of the board when our selection comes, T'eo will be a Ravens whether its round 1, 2, or 3. The front office will know if he fits our "style" of player and if hes worthy to become a Raven, not us with our comments, not the media, and certainly not Bucky Brooks.

[quote name='TheSim' timestamp='1361205747' post='1361002']
I think if T'eo falls to us we'd take him, but

and 2) Since when do we need to use a 1st round pick to play ILB on this team? Not since 1996. This draft is deep with ILBs and DTs. We should trade back and get depth like we did last year.
[/quote]

You are probably right about trading back.....but

Every year I sit and wait watching each team on the clock, listening to the "experts" explain why nobody picked anyone that matches any mock draft, waiting, for that exciting announcement "THe RAVENS ARE ON THE CLOCK"......and I wait...and ... I wait...then I hear that fearful statement "the Ravens have made a trade"...and I go "NOOOOOOOO! don't make me wait another day!" LOL

Not every year mind you, but most, lol,

is it the right thing to do? Yeah most likely, but...it still sucks to wait!

GO RAVENS!

lol @ ravenwildman... While I'm happy with the Ravens' draft every year, I feel the same way. Watch the draft, wait until near the the very end of the first day just to hear "the Ravens' have traded out of the first round..."

If Jameel McClain is back to a healthy level, and Ellerbe is re-signed, I see no reason to be using an early round draft pick on a MLB.

That wouldn't crack the top 5 positions where I think we could greatly improve.

I'm really really hoping McKinnie can stick around. I think the Ravens go o-line or NT in round 1. There's plenty of talented linebackers coming in this years draft and there will be some to get in round 2 or 3. A lot depends on if they can retain Ellerbe.