49 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Cameron praises Harbaugh. Boldin and Tucker appear on Fallon and best fits for T'eo.

View the full article

#2 JakeNumber55

JakeNumber55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Congrats Cam! I wish you the best of luck!

#3 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

It feels so much better going into the offseason as Superbowl champs!!! *huge smile*...Ahhh! Still basking.

#4 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

i have a feeling Joe Flacco will get signed the day before franchise tagging period ends.
thats what i had a posted a comment on a article about Teo, we have a and need a big d line that will free up teo

#5 TXRavensFan

TXRavensFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Watching that Fallon video, I can definitely say that kickers are certainly a breed unto themselves...

#6 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I don't want to hear the name Cam Cameron again.

#7 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

It feels so much better going into the offseason as Superbowl champs!!! *huge smile*...Ahhh! Still basking.

Absolutely ... Can you imagine how angst-filled all of these personnel decisions would be without the championship? Especially regarding Reed. If Reed ends up leaving, at least he's gotten his ring as a Raven. How horrible would it be if he had to leave here and ended up getting that ring somewhere else?

25p4y07.jpg

#8 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Agree completely. Hard decisions ahead, but they're easier to stomach with a fresh Lombardi. Reed leaving us without a ring would've been hard to take.

#9 Bat-mite

Bat-mite

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

No one will ever know where our offensive problems came from--how much was Cam? How much was Harbs? How much was Flacco? But I think Cam has shown nothing but class and grace since his dismissal, and I'm glad he got a ring.

#10 frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm kind of glad Cam's getting a ring. After all, I think he probably had some say in a lot of the personnel decisions that built this offense. And really, he put that championship winning offense in place, it's just that Caldwell managed it far better. Cam definitely had a hand in this historic run.

#11 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I guess I don't understand people who continue to carry animosity toward Cam. Absolutely, his welcome here was long since worn out, but he was a contributor to the team we love.

I am glad he's landed on his feet and I'm also glad that he ended up in the college ranks, rather than the NFL. The fewer people with a deep knowledge of our team floating around the NFL the better.

#12 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'm happy for Cam i knew he would work again hope he enjoys his ring he earned it . as for penalities wow thats allot I didn't realise we got THAT many . Not high on T'eo hope he goes before we pick. Minter is better for us.why do all draft "experts" always have us picking players with issues of varying sorts.

#13 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I have to admit, I was on these boards agreeing with the masses, to get rid of him several times over the past 2 years. Now I never wished any ill will upon him as a person, just didn't think he was cutting it as the OC. After he was let go I think he took the high road with his comments about his firing and being happy for the team, which in my opinion makes him a stand up guy. Frank Gore could have certainly learned a thing or two about handling adversity from Cam. I wish Cam the best, but no one can argue the team finally made the right call...

#14 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Cam still thinks he wasn't the problem, but the players were. Whatever floats his boat I guess. And I don't know how you can call a D-line that features Terrence Cody "atheletic".

#15 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

I asked Kevin Byrne about the perception of Cam around the locker room. He responded that Cam was highly regarded both as a coach and person. Three weeks later he was fired. I guess the parting was very respectful. I don't remember the Ravens throwing anyone under the bus. Harbaugh's developed more of a family-type environment than a cut-throat football env. I am glad Cam is gone but also glad that he's found a job. No one likes to see people losing jobs an struggling. Good luck Cam. Hopefully you learned something in your experience with us.

#16 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

@crabcakes

Did you see a 350 pound Ngata chasing Kaepernick out of bounds and making Brady slide for that infamous kick?

#17 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think if T'eo falls to us we'd take him, but

1) I don't think he will, at all (this is all the usual media nonsense),

and 2) Since when do we need to use a 1st round pick to play ILB on this team? Not since 1996. This draft is deep with ILBs and DTs. We should trade back and get depth like we did last year.

#18 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Cam still thinks he wasn't the problem, but the players were. Whatever floats his boat I guess. And I don't know how you can call a D-line that features Terrence Cody "atheletic".

Even if you're only referring to the interior; we still have 92...probably the mosth athletic DT in the league. Actually, he IS the most athletic.

#19 partmachine

partmachine

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Nobody deserves all of this attention like our Ravens do. I always love the off-season but this one has obviously been so much better!

There's never been a doubt in my mind that Cam will get a ring, he was on the team this year after all. There's lots of guys that contributed that will be getting rings I believe.

#20 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

No one will ever know where our offensive problems came from--how much was Cam? How much was Harbs? How much was Flacco? But I think Cam has shown nothing but class and grace since his dismissal, and I'm glad he got a ring.

Pretty sure we all know it was definitely Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users