11 replies to this topic

#1 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Not a four letter one; thank goodness, but my 14-month-old has learned the ever popular word "No!" I'm doomed. This morning trying to get him dressed for church, "No! No, Mommy!" Trying to get him to eat at lunch today, "Noooooo! No, no! No want!" Getting him into and out of his car seat today, "No!" with a scowl. Now I get the joy of having two kids tell me no all the time. Parenthood is great. I keep telling myself that. ;)

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#2 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

And my ever favorite one tonight. I just tried to get him down for an early bedtime. "No!! No sep (sleep)!" My 5-year-old turned to me and said, "if Andrew says no, I'm gonna say no too, Mommy.."

#3 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,635 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

And my ever favorite one tonight. I just tried to get him down for an early bedtime. "No!! No sep (sleep)!" My 5-year-old turned to me and said, "if Andrew says no, I'm gonna say no too, Mommy.."

Well, who do you think taught him the word No anyway? Of course it was the 5 year old! lol

We spend their first few years in anticipation of them walking, talking and gaining some independence. Then we spend their adulthood wishing they were babies again *sigh*

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#4 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Well, who do you think taught him the word No anyway? Of course it was the 5 year old! lol

We spend their first few years in anticipation of them walking, talking and gaining some independence. Then we spend their adulthood wishing they were babies again *sigh*

The trick is to try to enjoy every age in every stage of your child's life because it is a preciously short amount of time. I have three almost 8 years and under. It's a wonderful challenge to say the least, and they have taught me as much as I have taught them. Again, all I can say is to live to your fullest in these little moments as often as you can because they go quick!

Also a word to the wise, they say terrible twos but three is way worse. Has been with all of mine really, its just an awkward year where they are willfull enough to try to make you do what they want, but not educated enough to reason with...fun indeed!

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,331 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Well my condrum is I have a toddler, loonnng story, pretty much non-verbal at his second birthday in June now he will NOT SHUT THE HELL UP! He is talking sentences and parrots everything, knows a few site words like 'Ravens' 'In' 'out''the' lol, wakes me in the morning to Seven Nation Army then goes into Fight for Baltimore Maryland to victory' my husband looks at me and say I've brainwashed that child lol My sons were always talkative and my now 17yo was speaking full sentences at 10 months, I pine for non-verbal lol

The trick is to try to enjoy every age in every stage of your child's life because it is a preciously short amount of time. I have three almost 8 years and under. It's a wonderful challenge to say the least, and they have taught me as much as I have taught them. Again, all I can say is to live to your fullest in these little moments as often as you can because they go quick!

Also a word to the wise, they say terrible twos but three is way worse. Has been with all of mine really, its just an awkward year where they are willfull enough to try to make you do what they want, but not educated enough to reason with...fun indeed!

No 13-14 -15 are the WORST--toddlers with a bigger vocabulary, still smell bad BUT you hold the almighty learners permit/provisional license over their head and not quite angels but close to it. My baby graduates in June and gets his Eagle too, I'm going to be a wreck. He is now 5'14 as he says it with a size 14 shoe and is still growing, I look at him and still see the sweet 6 yo in a face that needs a shave. He is my 3rd and I'm tearing up thinking about it.

Its over before you know it
68f2a8.jpg

#6 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well my condrum is I have a toddler, loonnng story, pretty much non-verbal at his second birthday in June now he will NOT SHUT THE HELL UP! He is talking sentences and parrots everything, knows a few site words like 'Ravens' 'In' 'out''the' lol, wakes me in the morning to Seven Nation Army then goes into Fight for Baltimore Maryland to victory' my husband looks at me and say I've brainwashed that child lol My sons were always talkative and my now 17yo was speaking full sentences at 10 months, I pone for non-verbal lol

Lol My boys are the same way, they didn't walk or talk til about 14 months. My girl on the other hand was walking and talking at 9 months! I will say she does have the advantage in not only watching her brothers, but also wanting to keep up with them. Yet so much of that is just her naturally. I never knew how different the genders are until I've seen it first hand. At 3 years old she basically rules the roost, and isn't afraid to get into a scrum with her bros if she has to as well. But at the SAME time if she tells them to jump they'll ask her how high on the way up. It's too funny, and too cute all at the same time. I think I may die of over-exposure to cuteness one of these days...

#7 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Absolutely, I'm enjoying most of the seconds. I won't lie and say I enjoy all of them! ;) I look at my 5-year-old after he goes to sleep at night, and I think, 'wow, where did the time go?' He's going to be in Kindergarten next year!! It's crazy! And then my youngest (for the moment) is getting so big. This new baby will be grown and gone before I know it too. Absolutely, don't blink! That's my advice to every first time parent out there, because it goes so quickly!

#8 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,331 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Lol My boys are the same way, they didn't walk or talk til about 14 months. My girl on the other hand was walking and talking at 9 months! I will say she does have the advantage in not only watching her brothers, but also wanting to keep up with them. Yet so much of that is just her naturally. I never knew how different the genders are until I've seen it first hand. At 3 years old she basically rules the roost, and isn't afraid to get into a scrum with her bros if she has to as well. But at the SAME time if she tells them to jump they'll ask her how high on the way up. It's too funny, and too cute all at the same time. I think I may die of over-exposure to cuteness one of these days...

Potty training has been a real hoot--I've done this 3 times before so I know with a boy you wait until a month before their 3rd bd and they will train around then or I can start now and he will train before his 3rd birthday and it will be stressful for all of us. I'm starting in April unless he shows more interest,

I get my girl fix with my niece, almost time for our twice yearly venture to Gettysburg outlets and Justice and girl world
68f2a8.jpg

#9 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Two boys, and pregnant with my third. I told my husband the other night that I feel the same way now that I did with both of the boys. It's early, not due until July, but I have a feeling this will be a boy as well. Then I'll have three boys and always wonder what it would be like to have a girl, because this one will be our last. ;)

#10 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Potty training has been a real hoot--I've done this 3 times before so I know with a boy you wait until a month before their 3rd bd and they will train around then or I can start now and he will train before his 3rd birthday and it will be stressful for all of us. I'm starting in April unless he shows more interest,

Sounds about right with both my boys too, but again my girl was still almost 6 months ahead of their curve. Basically by the time it was her turn to train it was already like an old hat, so once she held her water for a couple of hours I'd sit her down and the light just came on after doing it only a couple of times. Absolutely incredible

Edited by Dudeman, 17 February 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#11 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Our oldest was somewhat easy to train. He was fully potty trained (during the day that is) by the time he was 3 1/2, with accidents periodically throughout the night. By the time his 4th birthday came around through, he didn't even have that problem anymore. Now the year old, he's going to be the one that I have to worry about him graduating with diapers on! He's stubborn. I can already see a couple years into the future on this one and the fighting that will occur.

#12 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,331 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I NEVER thought my 17 yo would train, thought we would be sending him to college with depends, he was 3 yrs and 5 months lol My 20 yo did it in a weekend--i was 7 months pregnant in July and he wanted to play in the hose, too lazy to walk up to his room, took his diaper off and he grabbed himself, said he had to go and was in underwear the end of the weekend-- my stepson was almost 4 because his mom thought it was 'too inconvenient to deal with', we did it in a weekend (he moved in with us at 8) and his brother was already potty trained he was 5 when I met my husband. I have lots of experience lol

Two boys, and pregnant with my third. I told my husband the other night that I feel the same way now that I did with both of the boys. It's early, not due until July, but I have a feeling this will be a boy as well. Then I'll have three boys and always wonder what it would be like to have a girl, because this one will be our last. ;)

You too will be keeping Chorox wipes in the bathroom lol I swear some days I could do a urinalysis on the bathroom floor. I carried each of my boys differently.
68f2a8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users