Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackbird29

Ravens Withdrawals

33 posts in this topic

Am I the only one? I can't wait for the season to begin again! I have tried getting into basketball...no good. I tried watching Nascar.....twice. Boring! Hockey...I can't get into it! Baseball hasn't started yet so I can't got there yet. But nothing to me compares to football and I miss seeing our team on the field!! The new season can't get here soon enough!

lol you find baseball more interesting than Hockey or Basketball? 95% of baseball is watching people stand around.....I can't stand watching it. Keep in mind I am Canadian though so my opinion is incredibly bias.

I like watching baseball since my son plays. It helps when I help coach the team. You know....like the Ravens watch game film. But I dont find any sport more interesting to watch than football. Just the whole game. The hitting, the playcalling, the competition and of course watching the Purple and Black winning games and RIngs!

I know what you mean. I keep searching for new Ravens news looking for scraps. It's easier to relax this offseason knowing we are world champs though.

[quote name='black blood purple passion' timestamp='1361139988' post='1360157']
lol you find baseball more interesting than Hockey or Basketball? 95% of baseball is watching people stand around.....I can't stand watching it. Keep in mind I am Canadian though so my opinion is incredibly bias.
[/quote]

I'd love the NBA if Baltimore had a team.

[quote name='RobFuseRaven' timestamp='1361140399' post='1360177']
I know what you mean. I keep searching for new Ravens news looking for scraps. It's easier to relax this offseason knowing we are world champs though.
[/quote]

Amen to that! I am the same way

I've kept the Super Bowl on my DVR, so I'm just figuring out a time to watch it again... also, the Combine is coming up next week where they'll be sure to talk about who the "Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens" will look to take with the 32nd overall pick in the 1st Round :)

I am like a ship without a rudder * sigh* I have a blue TShirt on-- a first since August, 6 bags of clothes for Goodwill( family has been dieting) and I watched The Replacements, actually made pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast---- I MISS FOOTBALL !
It will be better when it's warm and stuff to do.

Terps just beat Duke yesterday.

O's are looking to be back where they left off from last season.

But yeah, nothing really replaces ravens football :P

I'm the same way. I used to love watching the Terps, but now I find it extremely hard, even though they are playing really well right now. I just crave football!!! There is no substitute.

What I did was went on to Madden and created Luke Joekel, Star Lotulelei, Jarvis Jones, Kevin Minter, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Kenny Vacarro as Ravens players to see what it would be like to have those players on our 2013 roster for our 7 draft picks. I played 1 game so far against the Steelers we won 70-10...with Joeckel at LT Flacco has about 10 seconds to throw...he went 7/7 429 7TDs, every play was a long TD pass haha gotta have my Ravens fix 365 days...the season never stops IMO

I have resorted to youtube to watch all I can! It's weird. I still wear my all my Ravens stuff. I can't let it go!

lol you find baseball more interesting than Hockey or Basketball? 95% of baseball is watching people stand around.....I can't stand watching it. [b]Keep in mind I am Canadian though so my opinion is incredibly bias.[/b]
[/quote]
Its also a correct opinion lol

I'm an avid Man U and Barca fan, a rabid Caps fan, but nothing replaces Ravens football. When it gets warm enough to get outside and do yard work, play golf, go boating, etc., that will help, but I can't wait for that Thursday night opener.

I have no idea what to do on Sunday afternoon and night anymore... I just keep watching highlights from games to try and get a little fix.

This is gonna be the longest offseason EVER.

[quote name='MissK528' timestamp='1361150162' post='1360397']
I have no idea what to do on Sunday afternoon and night anymore... I just keep watching highlights from games to try and get a little fix.

This is gonna be the longest offseason EVER.
[/quote]

Spring/summer Sundays I play golf.
And I've even started talking to the wife again.

Sundays without football are just..... wrong. The good thing is we have the combine to look forward to soon and all the preparation up until the draft after that. Always an exciting time.

For now, I have resorted to watching Cal's statue unveiling game against the Yankees on MASN.

I'm anxious to go into the FA/draft period. The last two weeks of no Ravens news has been bad but the glory of a SB win has more than held me over.

[/quote]yeah you better watch yourself saying that. We don't have a hockey team and I know the Caps are technically in our area, but they in all reality aren't Baltimore's team.

[quote name='ravens__' timestamp='1361153041' post='1360489']
Sundays without football are just..... wrong. The good thing is we have the combine to look forward to soon and all the preparation up until the draft after that. Always an exciting time.

For now, I have resorted to watching Cal's statue unveiling game against the Yankees on MASN.
[/quote]great game, almost every home run landed around me.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1361155652' post='1360559']
great game, almost every home run landed around me.
[/quote]

I was at the terrace box that game and when Wieters hit that first one out in LF, I thought the place was gonna collapse lol. The earth was literally shaking under our feet - unlike anything I had ever experienced. What a fantastic year to be a Baltimore sports fan....

I can't wait for football season to start. Now i get a to do list longer then my arm on weekends . not a baseball fan i do watch the terps . so that helps although i wish once or twice someone would lay a tackle on someone .

[quote name='RobFuseRaven' timestamp='1361140425' post='1360178']
I'd love the NBA if Baltimore had a team.
[/quote]
Yeah I remember the Bullets and Wes Unseld. I wish the team was still here.

I think Jonesing is the best way to describe it.

All work and no play makes the dude a dull boy! I can watch the Walking Dead, but Rick keeps getting on my nerves. At first I thought I'd be a little relieved that the season was over and I could enjoy that to the fullest going out on top. But it feels more like the shut down the roller coster ride after you waited in line for a second trip.

Man Rays last ride was epic, so whats going to happen next? Can we shock the world who is already saying that the Ravens aren't good enough to keep being the top dog?

I DVR'd the playoff run and every show thereafter about each win. I watched turning point pats v. Ravens last night.

I really don't know what to say cuz I'm so freaking boring, no football, draft not coming yet, and so damn cold to do any outdoor activities like playing tennis, throw footballs around with friends, and sitting in the sun with discussion of Ravens world champion.

I don't watch basketball ever since Michael Jordan retired, baseball boring, tennis boring but like to play, UFC so so, Car Racing nah, movies not too bad; however, it's not like I have alot time on hands but all my relax time is so damn boring......

PS: I've frequently checked on Ravens message board for any news or discussion but none....so dead...oh well at least we are the world champion and the "repeat" is killing me right now......

[quote name='Dudeman' timestamp='1361161494' post='1360682']
I think Jonesing is the best way to describe it.

All work and no play makes the dude a dull boy! I can watch the Walking Dead, but Rick keeps getting on my nerves. At first I thought I'd be a little relieved that the season was over and I could enjoy that to the fullest going out on top. But it feels more like the shut down the roller coster ride after you waited in line for a second trip.

Man Rays last ride was epic, so whats going to happen next? Can we shock the world who is already saying that the Ravens aren't good enough to keep being the top dog?
[/quote]
Ed's last ride is next...... If that's what your asking

I am having serious football withdrawal,too.
I can't get the replay, sound fx and all the Raven stuff off of my tv - I just want to keep watching us in our magical year.
Because we are so awesome!!!

I will always be a fan, but it is SO much sweeter when we win!!!

Looking for the O's to have a great year, too, but we know how that goes.

Go Ravens - repeat!!

[/quote]

Never much of a BBall fan but I've always been an O's fan. I like Baseball because it's "timeless". A game without a play clock was made for summer. It's also the only major sport in North America where each side plays offence or defence at a time exclusively. Very exciting in crucial games. It's a cerebral game, with a long history and fantaastic lore surrounding it.

Interesting as well since you brought up the fact that you are Canadian. To my mind the greatest baseball book ever written was by a Canadian "Shoeless Joe" by William Kinsella.

Hockey will have to tide me over until Baseball.