Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] How Are Lardarius Webb and Jameel McClain?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,804 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

The two starting defenders are working their way back from season-ending injuries.

View the full article

#2 Suggs_to_be_you

Suggs_to_be_you

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Having them both healthy and ready to go for the start of next season would be awesome. Same goes for Sizzle and Ngata.

#3 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

webb is an elite corner, whether the league recognizes it or not, BUT our pass defense seemed to be fine without webb, cant say the same for our run defense after losing jmac. while hes not a flashy extraordinary ILB, the dude stuffed runningbacks right in their gaps better than ray did this year. ellerbe is excellent in coverage, and is decent in certain blitz packages, while mcclain can blitz very effectively anywhere and is a above average run-stuffer, those 2 combined will make a very good duo, especially since they both have played next to ray for 4-5 years straight. they can handle this job. re-signing ellerbe should be our first priority after signing joe, we will have a very serviceable, and very intelligent LB corp for years

#4 ravensdog86

ravensdog86

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I believe Webb will be back to Pro bowl form, even after a second ACL now both knees are messed up... however he's still young enough to recover.

McClain on the other hand... I'm not opposed and would likely Cut him..

Reason: He's coming off the Neck/Spinal contusion so its a giant risk to think he can be any sort of adequate from MLB position. 2nd, he cost us 4.5 Mil/YR.. he's not even our best MLB, thats Ellerbe, and Josh Bynes cost like 750k/yr and he's as Good as McClain in fact the game he played against Denver he Racked up like 17 tackles.. He's big and fast all this kid needs is a shot at regular playing time..

So I would cut McClain and save the 4.5 Mil, which could go towards a Ellerbe, Reed, Boldin, or Flacco Contract

#5 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

WOW! Just how did we win the super bowl with so many players down ? So special!

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

continue to heal up fellas.

~Mili

#7 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Just ordered a white Webb jersey tonight!

#8 Bjonesy45

Bjonesy45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Cutting mcclain would do nothing but make us lose debth at mlb and and at the beginning of the contract would probably have to swallow the cap money so thats like spending on a mlb thats not on the team. Just like if they cut rice right now, it would do nothing but cost money and not save any cap space whatsoever. They wouldntve spent that money on him if he wasnt worth it.

#9 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

I believe Webb will be back to Pro bowl form, even after a second ACL now both knees are messed up... however he's still young enough to recover.

McClain on the other hand... I'm not opposed and would likely Cut him..

Reason: He's coming off the Neck/Spinal contusion so its a giant risk to think he can be any sort of adequate from MLB position. 2nd, he cost us 4.5 Mil/YR.. he's not even our best MLB, thats Ellerbe, and Josh Bynes cost like 750k/yr and he's as Good as McClain in fact the game he played against Denver he Racked up like 17 tackles.. He's big and fast all this kid needs is a shot at regular playing time..

So I would cut McClain and save the 4.5 Mil, which could go towards a Ellerbe, Reed, Boldin, or Flacco Contract

Well, thankfully you're not incharge of the Ravens cause McClain is a lot more important than you think.

#10 law215

law215

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Spinal injury for a LB is nothing to play with. Ravens will be very cautious with him. I expect him to be PUP and possibly IR'd.

#11 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Uhm...I think a guy that doesn't give up a touchdown all season long, and doesn't get beat deep in more than 1 season has already established himself as a premier corner.

You have to see it, before someone actually steps up and claims it...whether those somebodies are the talking heads on ESPN or NFL Network or wherever. Webby is already top tier.

Just look at his play. Don't worry if the only names you hear are Revis, and Talib, and the soon to be departed Bailey....I'm just telling it like it is and like most people already know

Edited by easternshore97, 17 February 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#12 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for the update though. Glad to hear things are well

#13 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

If we do lose Reed and C Williams , how about moving Webb to safety and going with Graham and J Smith at CBs?

#14 ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Cant wait to get Webb back on the field.

#15 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I can't wait to wear my Webb jersey again . Glad both are doing well . I am optimistic about this coming year even with the cuts I know we will suffer.

#16 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Wonder if Webb is gonna be all go or he's going to be used as a nickel or dime back at first my theory is use him as a nickel at first why risk it

#17 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

just question sorry if is kinda stupid...does webbie and macclain earn rings or not???

#18 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

These two are fine,but will Cody be a raven next year?It looks pretty bad for him.

#19 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

@Purple ghost: just question sorry if is kinda stupid...does webbie and macclain earn rings or not???

NO question is stupid, Bro. ALL that I know in that matter is that the winning team was limited to X-amount from the NFL. If any additional rings are requested from that team, the team has to put up the additional money for any xtras.

#20 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

I really enjoy the way McClain stops the run, and obviously Webby is just great. Speedy recovery for both of them. Can't wait until 2013!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users