13 replies to this topic

#1 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

When there is no NFL to watch you know it's offseason. Yet for most of us there is no such thing. Shoot free agency and the draft is basically just getting started! So now is the time for all the mystery, and in anticipation of waiting the only thing there is to do is PREDICT what will happen!

Predictions on the other hand are funny things.....or is it more wishful thinking? Not sure I always see the logic or get the difference. If you believed everything you've been reading then you know this much to be true.

Flacco is going to the Cleveland Browns.

Let that statement simmer for a moment.... You're a reporter doing an interview with Flacco. He is the reigning Super Bowl MVP, and the Lombardi is perched and displayed in the background. Now go on ask him. "Joe is there any place in the world you want to play?"

Joe says, "Just won the Super Bowl in Baltimore, and the fans are pretty cool. I'm fine with being here"

You say (like Stewie from The Family Guy getting high pitched), " Welp you know The Browns, they uh seem like a uh goodup and coming teaaaaam?"

Joe says, "The Browns? F-bomb that."

I mean seriously, in what parallel universe does Joe Flacco want to, (nevermind that) gets forced to go to the Browns? Joe Flacco you just won a brand new car, and went to disney world. Now let's round off the trip by going to Cleveland....yuck

Apparently the madness doesn't end there. We should probably cut Ray Rice to save some cap, and we're going to sign Calvin Johnson, and Darrelle Revis while we are at it.

So let's entertain that idea further. If you had the magic wand, and the pixie fairy dust what would you do? Furthermore, whats the craziest thing you've read about so far?

Edited by Dudeman, 17 February 2013 - 02:52 AM.

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#2 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

One of my coworkers (who is a Cowboys fan) jokingly comes up to me saying "oh yeah, we're gonna sign Flacco and Reed" and I can't help but laugh :P

#3 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

We don't call it the silly season for nothing lol
68f2a8.jpg

#4 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

Flacco is the strangest thing (going to the browns) I have heard yet. If i had a magic wand i would grab Luke Joeckel,Star Lotulelei,Alec Ogletree and Kevin minter. Greedy yes ...fun to watch absolutely! I would also double our cap amount :)

Edited by redravenfan, 17 February 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#5 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Sandcastle wont even go to the Browns.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#6 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Outside the Flacco thing apparently, according to Eisenberg, some people want to trade Ray Rice lol.

#7 poescrows

poescrows

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

STUPIDEST things were Flacco and Rice. I mean, do these media goons make this stuff up to fill airtime and/or paper space? As for the magic wand thing, I'd wave it to retain Boldin, Kruger and Reed...in that order (Joe's a given).

Edited by poescrows, 17 February 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Hey Steeler fans......we now have 2 rings. One for each middle finger! TADA GAN IARRACHT

#8 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

One of my coworkers (who is a Cowboys fan) jokingly comes up to me saying "oh yeah, we're gonna sign Flacco and Reed" and I can't help but laugh :P

Considering Jerry Jones, it that all that preposterous that the guy would believe that it may happen?
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#9 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Guys, I've been saying for a while that the panic the media tries to put out about the doom and gloom cap situation is just not accurate. If the Ravens didn't win the Super Bowl, people would just gloss over the Ravens current state.

I mean we were in the same exact position last year, were we not? Rice wanted big money, but if franchised it would hurt the Ravens, signing him freed up money. No way the Ravens would be able to maintain. The Ravens still found a way to lock Rice up, sign McClain, offer Grubbs big money, offered Cary a respectable contract, extended Webb and Pollard, signed to guys who came up hhuge in the Super Bowl run in Jones and Graham and even though JJ and Reeding were lost, the Ravens felt comfortable with the guys behind them.

The Ravens were able to effectively replace, JJ, Grubbs, Ricky and probably Birk in one draft with Upshaw, KO, Peirce and Gino in one draft. Will Ray and Ed be replaced in this draft? Probably not, but they'll probably be able to find a impact player who can pair up with Ellerbe and form a nice duo. They'll probably be able to upgrade the NT position and start to groom someone like Brown to replace Reed.

What I find funny is that the history of the Ravens re-signing, extending, franchising and replacing guys is near flawless, yet this fanbase allows themselves to by into the negative picture that the media paints.

The Ravens just won the Super Bowl and had to overcome a lot of injuries to do so. Which means a lot of young guys had to play and got quality experience. This team is in a much better position then the media says.

mj5v69.jpg

#10 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

You know it's the off-season when....

You see trade logic only inherent in Madden popping up in every other post/thread. "Oh what's that? You think we'll get a 2nd and a 4th rounder for Terrence Cody? Sure...."

Edited by admartian, 17 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#11 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

The Replacements is on and you are cursing that's the only game EVER I did not take my camera ( when they were filming at halftime), and yes young 'uns that was before cell phone camera's.
68f2a8.jpg

#12 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

If I had a magic wand, I'd trade David Reed to the Chiefs for the number 1 overall pick because they need a receiver. I'd then draft Luke Joekel with the number 1 overall pick. I'd then trade Tyrod Taylor to the Patriots for Vince Wilfork and Tom Brady (just to have him sit behind Joe for the whole season). I'd trade my first round pick to Lions and get Calvin Johnson and my second round pick to the Cards for Larry Fitzgerald (since the Cards don't need Fitz anymore without a good QB). Don't worry about the money, I'd re-sign them all to vet minimum contracts. :)

Edited by RobFuseRaven, 18 February 2013 - 08:02 AM.
Snarky comment removed

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#13 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

The Replacements is on and you are cursing that's the only game EVER I did not take my camera ( when they were filming at halftime), and yes young 'uns that was before cell phone camera's.

It's funny that I in some way feel obligated to watch the Replacements and Major League II because of the Baltimore connection. Lol. I'm strange like that, hell the Pittsburgh connection is probably why I haven't watched the latest Dark Knight movie.

mj5v69.jpg

#14 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

If I had a magic wand, I'd trade David Reed to the Chiefs for the number 1 overall pick because they need a QB. I'd then draft Luke Joekel with the number 1 overall pick. I'd then trade Tyrod Taylor to the Patriots for Vince Wilfork and Tom Brady (just to have him sit behind Joe for the whole season). I'd trade my first round pick to Lions and get Calvin Johnson and my second round pick to the Cards for Larry Fitzgerald (since the Cards don't need Fitz anymore without a good QB). Don't worry about the money, I'd re-sign them all to vet minimum contracts. :)

In a perfect world :D That's how you dream big!

Also Leon Sandcastle is in the house? Lol just awesome

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users