39 replies to this topic

#1 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

You can rank the quarterbacks, but can you do it... without Flacco?
What are your non-Flacco QB rankings? (So as to not make this another Flacco thread).

Here's my list, and is probably a good list to start with in case you don't want to make your own.

Rodgers - 0 rings since selling out celebration move. Starting to look like little girl from commercial was right.
Brady - post spygate: 0 super bowl rings, 1 Gisele ring. A good 8 year drought.
Peyton Manning - wobbly neck bobbles "yes" for 11 weeks, loss when Fox bobbles head the wrong way.
Brees - great 2011, then ignored giant in-stadium banner and did Philip Rivers' job.
Roethlisberger - great when eligible to play, like the kid in school who got suspended for being 20 and a dealer.
Eli Manning - has enough left hand throws to qualify for its own passer rating.
Matt Ryan - Gonzales' new ankle bracelet until he un-retires. Single playoff win proves road to SB is longer than previously imagined.
Tony Romo - carried his fat wife of a team up the stairs, then undershot the bed.
Jay Cutler - bad protection exaggerated when he bro-bumps into own linemen. Must ask Marshall about therapist.
Andrew Luck - headline material, though only because of annoying last name being a word.
Philip Rivers - rare case of fumblitis combined with interceptarrhea. Harder to work "Rivers" into a headline about football.
Matt Schaub - when the lights get too bright, we see he's missing part of his ear.
RGIII - must avoid 350lb linemen when running at 4.4 speed. Hype inflated due to last initial rhyming with 3.
Russell Wilson - #1 on every list written by someone 5'6" and shorter. Slips by defenders by running between legs.
Colin Kaepernick - has the tattoos, O-line to succeed. Throws to "can't win with 'em" TE instead of best WR ever.
Matthew Stafford - called "dumb" unfairly due to dumb-like appearance. Goofy head blocks sight of noteworthy year by Calvin Johnson.
Cam Newton - with room to run is like kid in candy store. Or kid in playground. Or kid in... (maturity issues, you see).
Andy Dalton - most notable achievement is having red hair but not being Ron Howard.
Sam Bradford - so bad they had to change the rookie pay scale. Team refuses to fix paper o-line until renegotiation.
Josh Freeman - and to think he gave up fast food for that. Hot then cold season. I'm sorry Vince Jackson.
Mark Sanchez - anticipating another GQ shoot, got an experimental new facial. Pats recovered for TD.
Carson Palmer - wasn't a blockbuster deal to get him to Oakland. More like a consolation prize for donating to PBS.
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Harvard grad looks more than ever like monopoly guy for cashing in at the peak of career: 6 games in 2011.
Ryan Tannehill - must prove wife is hottest in division. Lack of 19-0 run shows loyalty to '72 dolphins.
Christian Ponder - your top WR wants out because of you. But your RB loves you.
Brandon Weeden - yet another dopey sounding Cleveland QB name. Biff Killington awaits call eagerly.
Matt Cassel - they weren't cheering at your injury, they were cheering with your injury.
Jake Locker - so bad that no one wants in on your last name puns.
Nick Foles - barely beat out a zombie from the Thriller video.
Blaine Gabbert - would be the #1 overall pick of this year's QB class if Henne hadn't won them out of it.
Whoever the Cardinals Have - will take time to find a QB who can throw jump-balls to Fitzgerald.

Not ranked - Brady Quinn, Alex Smith, Michael Vick, Chad Henne, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Flynn. Right now they're not considered starters. Stupid descriptions aside this is where I rank the starting QBs from the other 31 teams.

#2 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

You can rank the quarterbacks, but can you do it... without Flacco?
What are your non-Flacco QB rankings? (So as to not make this another Flacco thread).

Here's my list, and is probably a good list to start with in case you don't want to make your own.

Rodgers - 0 rings since selling out celebration move. Starting to look like little girl from commercial was right.
Brady - post spygate: 0 super bowl rings, 1 Gisele ring. A good 8 year drought.
Peyton Manning - wobbly neck bobbles "yes" for 11 weeks, loss when Fox bobbles head the wrong way.
Brees - great 2011, then ignored giant in-stadium banner and did Philip Rivers' job.
Roethlisberger - great when eligible to play, like the kid in school who got suspended for being 20 and a dealer.
Eli Manning - has enough left hand throws to qualify for its own passer rating.
Matt Ryan - Gonzales' new ankle bracelet until he un-retires. Single playoff win proves road to SB is longer than previously imagined.
Tony Romo - carried his fat wife of a team up the stairs, then undershot the bed.
Jay Cutler - bad protection exaggerated when he bro-bumps into own linemen. Must ask Marshall about therapist.
Andrew Luck - headline material, though only because of annoying last name being a word.
Philip Rivers - rare case of fumblitis combined with interceptarrhea. Harder to work "Rivers" into a headline about football.
Matt Schaub - when the lights get too bright, we see he's missing part of his ear.
RGIII - must avoid 350lb linemen when running at 4.4 speed. Hype inflated due to last initial rhyming with 3.
Russell Wilson - #1 on every list written by someone 5'6" and shorter. Slips by defenders by running between legs.
Colin Kaepernick - has the tattoos, O-line to succeed. Throws to "can't win with 'em" TE instead of best WR ever.
Matthew Stafford - called "dumb" unfairly due to dumb-like appearance. Goofy head blocks sight of noteworthy year by Calvin Johnson.
Cam Newton - with room to run is like kid in candy store. Or kid in playground. Or kid in... (maturity issues, you see).
Andy Dalton - most notable achievement is having red hair but not being Ron Howard.
Sam Bradford - so bad they had to change the rookie pay scale. Team refuses to fix paper o-line until renegotiation.
Josh Freeman - and to think he gave up fast food for that. Hot then cold season. I'm sorry Vince Jackson.
Mark Sanchez - anticipating another GQ shoot, got an experimental new facial. Pats recovered for TD.
Carson Palmer - wasn't a blockbuster deal to get him to Oakland. More like a consolation prize for donating to PBS.
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Harvard grad looks more than ever like monopoly guy for cashing in at the peak of career: 6 games in 2011.
Ryan Tannehill - must prove wife is hottest in division. Lack of 19-0 run shows loyalty to '72 dolphins.
Christian Ponder - your top WR wants out because of you. But your RB loves you.
Brandon Weeden - yet another dopey sounding Cleveland QB name. Biff Killington awaits call eagerly.
Matt Cassel - they weren't cheering at your injury, they were cheering with your injury.
Jake Locker - so bad that no one wants in on your last name puns.
Nick Foles - barely beat out a zombie from the Thriller video.
Blaine Gabbert - would be the #1 overall pick of this year's QB class if Henne hadn't won them out of it.
Whoever the Cardinals Have - will take time to find a QB who can throw jump-balls to Fitzgerald.

Not ranked - Brady Quinn, Alex Smith, Michael Vick, Chad Henne, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Flynn. Right now they're not considered starters. Stupid descriptions aside this is where I rank the starting QBs from the other 31 teams.

I disagree with a lot of your list but I don't care enough to make one or alter yours to how I feel it should be.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#3 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Good stuff. Here's mine:

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Eli Manning
Andrew Luck
Russell Wilson
Robert Griffin III
Tony Romo
Colin Kaepernick
Jay Cutler
Matt Schaub
Philip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Sam Bradford
Andy Dalton
Josh Freeman
Ryan Tannehill
Michael Vick
Carson Palmer
Brandon Weeden
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jake Locker
Kevin Kolb
Christian Ponder
Matt Cassel
Blaine Gabbert

Damn, that was tough.

Edited by ravens__, 16 February 2013 - 06:13 PM.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Rodgers (in a league of his own, no disrespect to TB).
Brady
Brees
P. Manning
E. Manning
Roethlisburger
Ryan
4. (This whole tier is so close together).
Luck
RG3
Wilson
Kaepernick
Newton
Rivers ^
Cutler ^
Stafford ^
Romo (choke artist, don't care if you think he's to low).
Schaub
Dalton ^
Freeman ^
Bradford(still wanna see what he can do with an oline & recievers).
Fitzpatrick
Vick

They change every year though lol. But these are mine as of right now. Flacco would be in the #2 tier, somewhere like 5 or 6.

Edit: switched Kap & Newton.

Edited by Ravens<3, 16 February 2013 - 08:45 PM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Rodgers (in a league of his own, no disrespect to TB).
Brady
Brees
P. Manning
E. Manning
Roethlisburger
Ryan
4. (This whole tier is so close together).
Luck
RG3
Wilson
Newton
Kaepernick
Rivers ^
Cutler ^
Stafford ^
Romo (choke artist, don't care if you think he's to low).
Schaub
Dalton ^
Freeman ^
Bradford(still wanna see what he can do with an oline & recievers).
Fitzpatrick
Vick

They change every year though lol. But these are mine as of right now. Flacco would be in the #2 tier, somewhere like 5 or 6.

What about the other 10 or so QB's
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

What about the other 10 or so QB's

Who cares? lol jk.
A. Smith
Locker
Ponder
Weeden
Cassel
Tannehill
Sanchez
Gabbert
ARZ???

#7 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Who cares? lol jk.
A. Smith
Locker
Ponder
Weeden
Cassel
Tannehill
Sanchez
Gabbert
ARZ???

I'm glad you recognized Locker isn't at the very bottom but I think Tannehill should be near the top of your 5th tier. I mean as much as I hate the dolphins and think they are a joke the kid was great with the complete dearth of weapons (excluding Bush) and protection he had. I mean the WR corp is a joke.

#8 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hmmm. The hardest part of this for me is to rank the rookies or 2nd year players. Part of me wants to say Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are top 10 QBs already, but then again I want to see a bit more and make sure they can consistently play at a high level.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton
4. Brees
5. Roethlisberger
6. Eli
7. Ryan
8. Romo
9. Wilson
10. Kaepernick
11. Cutler
12. Luck
13.Griffin
14. Rivers
15. Schaub
16. Newton
17. Stafford
18. Freeman
19. Dalton
20. Tannehill
21. Bradford
22. Vick
23. Palmer
24. Kolb
25. Locker
26. Fitzpatrick
27. Weeden
28. Sanchez
29. Cassel
30. Ponder
31. Gabbert

I guess if Alex Smith was a starter I would have him about 17th or 18th.

Edited by gabefergy, 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM.

@gabefergy

#9 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hmmm. The hardest part of this for me is to rank the rookies or 2nd year players. Part of me wants to say Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are top 10 QBs already, but then again I want to see a bit more and make sure they can consistently play at a high level.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton
4. Brees
5. Roethlisberger
6. Eli
7. Ryan
8. Romo
9. Wilson
10. Kaepernick
11. Cutler
12. Luck
13.Griffin
14. Rivers
15. Schaub
16. Newton
17. Stafford
18. Freeman
19. Dalton
20. Tannehill
21. Bradford
22. Vick
23. Palmer
24. Kolb
25. Locker
26. Fitzpatrick
27. Weeden
28. Sanchez
28. Cassel
29. Ponder
30. Gabbert

Who am I forgetting? There are 32 teams right? LOL oh well. I guess if Alex Smith was a starter I would have him about 17th or 18th.

You've two 28s

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm glad you recognized Locker isn't at the very bottom but I think Tannehill should be near the top of your 5th tier. I mean as much as I hate the dolphins and think they are a joke the kid was great with the complete dearth of weapons (excluding Bush) and protection he had. I mean the WR corp is a joke.

True. I never saw much of him, I just never really liked him. But I guess he did alright for not having much help around him. Part of me hates him because I was forced to gamble on him in fantasy football since both my QB's had byes. I played him against the Titans who got torched all season and he threw 0 TDs 3 INTs. lol

Same here!

#11 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

True. I never saw much of him, I just never really liked him. But I guess he did alright for not having much help around him. Part of me hates him because I was forced to gamble on him in fantasy football since both my QB's had byes. I played him against the Titans who got torched all season and he threw 0 TDs 3 INTs. lol

Same here!

Lol that's unfortunate that you picked his worst game of the season to play him...I didn't like him at first either but he's kinda grown on me and the dolphins fans can rejoice for now since it looks as though they found their Franchise QB

#12 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Also Arizona's "QB".

Kolb is on the list.

#13 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

You've two 28s

lol thanks

@gabefergy

#14 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

lol thanks

went through the draft order and realised you had 31 guys, I was freaking out. Lol

#15 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Rodgers is obviously the best qb to me and its not really close.

Brady
Peyton
Brees
Eli
Ben
Cutler
Ryan
Romo
Rivers
Wilson
RG3
Luck
Schaub

Does it really matter after this anyway?

Top 3 worst qbs to me are
Cassel
Sanchez
Gabbert

Its not really fair to judge the Eagles and Arizona qbs because how bad their o lines were even though the qbs didnt help either.

Edited by redrum52, 16 February 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#16 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Kolb is on the list.

Ah, guess I didn't see him because I didn't bother to look that far up the list. Top 25? Pretty generous spot for Kolb!

#17 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Rothliesberger isn't Top 5 anymore. I'd place Eli ahead of him.

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#18 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Rothliesberger isn't Top 5 anymore. I'd place Eli ahead of him.

Really? I hesitate to put Eli top 10...

#19 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Really? I hesitate to put Eli top 10...

He did win the Super Bowl last year. Not to mention 5 years ago, when he beat the undefeated Patriots.

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#20 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

He did win the Super Bowl last year. Not to mention 5 years ago, when he beat the undefeated Patriots.

He has had his fair share of big moments but he is just so incredibly inconsistent and he just doesn't [profanity deleted] away, never has probly never will...
Edit: apparently b.l.o.w. me is profanity...get your mind out of the gutter profanity filter!

Edited by Miami Hurricane, 17 February 2013 - 06:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users