74 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Plus, Rice wants Boldin back. McKinnie hopes to stay in Baltimore and Flacco could push Birk out.

View the full article

#2 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I still believe Flacco doesnt deserve to be the most paid QB. It just scares me to think were going to give a guy that posted TWO QBR ratings UNDER 1 (1-100).. He derserves to get paid but, i believe his agent is being greedy and is hurting our team.

#3 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I think gino is ready at center to replace birk. Birk gave it all he had on our run but its time to get younger and stronger at that position.
Pay flacco what he desrves and thats top 5 money
I hope Q stays on board
And its time 4 our young guys to step up whos gonna b our leader? I cant wait for our story to unfold a whole new ravens team diffrent faces new voices whos gonna step up on our next super bowl run i feel we have a strong chance of reapeating

#4 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Ellerbeast and Boldin MUST return.

I WILL keep pushing it- even if my opinion really means diddly-poo

#5 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Leaders=joe,rice,suggs,ngata,yanda,reed birk and boldin if they come back

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

i always assumed Birk would retire this year because we drafted gradowski to learn from him. Boldin i think is a must Joe trust him and they have chemistry plus he is a beast .Mckinnie i see allot of upside maybe a one year deal with performance/weight contingencies.with that oline intact and Caldwell calling plays we could make another run

#7 T-Phizzle

T-Phizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

This Joe Linta is really hurting our team...

#8 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

The salary cap says Gino Gradkowski will be our center. We have some good young players and it is time to see how they stand up against the competition. It comes down to WHO do you keep? Matt Birk or Vonta Leach? Plain and simple math. I know Ozzie will make the right choices for our continued success.

Edited by Fastfingers, 14 February 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#9 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I think Joe has earned top 5 money, I am (always have been) a huge Flacco fan, but I hope Linta doesn't come in demanding nothing less than the highest paid QB in the league history. The burden it would put on the team would have a long lasting effect. Is Flacco a superior QB over Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, perhaps. I think at this point in his and their careers he is at an least equal with them.

I think Linta should go for something like the Drew Brees contract (http://www.huffingto..._n_1682771.html) that would give Flacco top money but allow cap space for others.

GO RAVENS!

#10 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I think all of ravens nation is an agreement that Birk needs to hang up his cleats and let gino do his thing

#11 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

ha ha at good ol' Shaq

#12 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,601 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Birk practically had to be begged to come back this year, I think he rides into the sunset a champ.

#13 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I would NOT want to lose Vonta Leach, I know that much. Birk said he's thinking about retiring so he should do it, now that he has his ring at last, and let Gino Gradkowski slide into his role, because it needs to happen sooner rather than later. The O-line will benefit from that in the long run.

#14 Barney S

Barney S

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

The salary cap says Gino Gradkowski will be our center. We have some good young players and it is time to see how they stand up against the competition. It comes down to WHO do you keep? Matt Birk or Vonta Leach? Plain and simple math. I know Ozzie will make the right choices for our continued success.

LEACH ! ! !

#15 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

They did not give Rice the Adrian Peterson money he was asking for and I cannot see them paying Flacco more than any other QB in the league. I hope they are able to work out a deal with him so they do not have to tag him.

After seeing so many of these articles I am beginning to not really care and am just going to wait and see what happens. Let the Ravens and Linta worry about it.

#16 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I like Birk, I don't think most fans want to see him hang it up.
At $2.7mil I would like to see them work a deal IF he wants to stay.

#17 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

I want to see us keep Reed, not only because I want to see him retire a Raven, but perhaps more so that I'd be ill if he became a Patriot and helped to lead them past us.

I know we have to do what is best for us in the long haul and that sentiment play no part in these decisions ... but I can't help but feel that.

Edited by balfan23, 14 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#18 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

WOW, Just read about the Drew Brees deal. $100mil/5yr. That is huge with a record setting $60mil guarantied. Holy crap the Saints are out of control.

#19 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Reed will make a deal, I think. I believe he wants to retire a Raven. Wants to follow Ray into Ravens history more then he needs a big money deal.

#20 Mad Scientist Too

Mad Scientist Too

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I heard on 105.7 and have been hearing for sometime that both the Ravens organization and the Joe Linta are shooting for a deal that counts 8 to 9 mil off this years cap and maybe next year too I don't remember. One thing you have to remember when you talk about Matt Burk, is like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the defensive side, Matt beigns a lot of knowledge to the table on reading what the defense is doing, communication and helping Joe get everyone lined up. I'm sure Gino needs more than one year to get absorb all Matt's knowledge, although I have to admit he dis pretty well againest the Bengles starters in that last game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users