Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisbraven

Nickname for Jacoby Jones

39 posts in this topic

With the huge return TD's on the world stage, with the endzone blazin' like no other, it's time to acknowledge that Jacoby is the Deion Sanders of the current generation. His number is Deion's, reversed. His moxie and style is very reminiscent. This is why I think we have to coin a nickname for him. I have an idea:

[center][color=#4b0082][b][size=5]Jacoby "JAM" Jones![/size][/b][/color][/center]

I think it's both a throwback and a current monicker. It captures his endzone stylings. It captures the electricity everytime he touches the ball. simple, alliterative, memorable. What do you think?

Braven

nice. I also like Jacoby "high flyer" Jones (the Mile high Miracle, the kick returns for TD's... the Punts returned for TD's and the deep bomb in the superbowl AND the kick off return for a TD in the 2nd half of the super bowl.

It's DRAGONFLY!!!! That's what he goes by. Just watch any interview and he identifies himself as dragonfly lol

[quote name='chrisbraven' timestamp='1360813763' post='1357340']
With the huge return TD's on the world stage, with the endzone blazin' like no other, it's time to acknowledge that Jacoby is the Deion Sanders of the current generation. His number is Deion's, reversed. His moxie and style is very reminiscent. This is why I think we have to coin a nickname for him. I have an idea:

[center][color=#4b0082][b][size=5]Jacoby "JAM" Jones![/size][/b][/color][/center]

I think it's both a throwback and a current monicker. It captures his endzone stylings. It captures the electricity everytime he touches the ball. simple, alliterative, memorable. What do you think?

Braven
[/quote]

Jacoby is the Deion Sanders of this generation??????????? Whoa. Calm down lol.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1360815862' post='1357374']
J. Kobe! :banana1:
[/quote]
I just call him Kobe haha

[quote name='chrisbraven' timestamp='1360813763' post='1357340']

Braven
[/quote]
Im happy he had the year he had but lets remember this is the same guy we were making fun of last year when he was a Texan.
Lets slow down on the comparisons to Deion

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1360840994' post='1357492']
I've heard "Big Play JJ" a few times.
[/quote]

It may be boring, and quite lame, but I just call him JJ.

Every looming punt or kick off I'm yelling at the TV, "Come on JJ, break a long one!"

[quote name='YYZ66' timestamp='1360868856' post='1357746']
It may be boring, and quite lame, but I just call him JJ.

Every looming punt or kick off I'm yelling at the TV, "Come on JJ, break a long one!"
[/quote]

I do the same...and then get sad. It makes me think of I-95, The Original JJ.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1360816317' post='1357388']
It's DRAGONFLY!!!! That's what he goes by. Just watch any interview and he identifies himself as dragonfly lol
[/quote]

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1360816317' post='1357388']
[/quote]

exactly!

~Mili

How about "the third guy we should thank the Texans for after Pollard and Leach"? A mouthful, I know, but every time Houston fans complain about losing, I tell them at least they know they're contributing to Superbowl contenders.

Jacoby got his tattoos upgraded post-SB victory. He got the trophy and Ravens head on the Super Dome and then got 108 tattooed on his arm for his KO Return. It isn't the best work but I can only assume the artist is a family friend or something...
[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/480876_543808702320195_1290121051_n.jpg[/img]

Mr. Dragonfly.....

We need to somehow to let him do 1 job only: either KR and PR or WR cuz the dude will be gassed out after each job.....

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1361212520' post='1361108']
Jacoby got his tattoos upgraded post-SB victory. He got the trophy and Ravens head on the Super Dome and then got 108 tattooed on his arm for his KO Return. It isn't the best work but I can only assume the artist is a family friend or something...
[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/480876_543808702320195_1290121051_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Dear lord, soon he has to tatoo his face cuz he has no room....

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1361212520' post='1361108']
[/quote]
So it looks like he's staying, huh

[quote name='Hjulmann' timestamp='1361391812' post='1363316']
So it looks like he's staying, huh
[/quote]Not really. While he does LOVE Baltimore, and said he wants to retire here, he got the Ravens head because that's the team that he won the Super Bowl with.

ive always called him jacobes.. i like the dragonfly tho. and that first one "jam" i honestly think is perfect. JAM JONES WITH THE TOUCHDOWN.. sounds good