129 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,628 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

The Heisman runner up was once regarded as the best player in college football this year.

View the full article

#2 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I hope he does

#3 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

The real question is, do the Ravens want him. We have so many other positions of need that I don't see us going MLB in the first round. There will be great talent there at 32. Let's just wait and see how FA pans out, and how many of our free agents we're able to retain, before we start clamoring for guys like Te'o.

In Oz We Trust.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#4 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

The real question is, do the Ravens want him. We have so many other positions of need that I don't see us going MLB in the first round. There will be great talent there at 32. Let's just wait and see how FA pans out, and how many of our free agents we're able to retain, before we start clamoring for guys like Te'o.

In Oz We Trust.

Remember, Oz goes for the best on the board, no matter the position need.

But I see what you're saying. We shouldn't be speculating that far ahead. So much more ground to cover before the draft.

#5 cwiley

cwiley

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

No way...please don't pick him. I'm sorry but ND is not what they are cracked up to be and play sub-par talented teams mostly. He will not be worth a high draft pick in the NFL. I'd rather take another ALabama boy or someone from the SEC where they seem to always produce at a higher level...

#6 cwiley

cwiley

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

He will be a BUST...Ozzie knows better than to go for this clown

#7 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Remember, Oz goes for the best on the board, no matter the position need.

But I see what you're saying. We shouldn't be speculating that far ahead. So much more ground to cover before the draft.

I think Te'o had the hype thing going for him through the season. But when he faced NFL caliber talent in the Championship Game he got exposed. I think he'll fall because of his non-spectacular play. He was getting blown up.

I prefer Minter out of LSU over Te'o in this year's draft, and I prefer our own guys over anybody in the draft. Ellerbe had a great year and should be a priority to resign. McClain is recovering from a serious injury that I haven't heard anything about. But if he has recovered, an Ellerbe-McClain tandem in the middle will do just fine. Just look at how they handled their business last year when Ray went down with that turf toe injury.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#8 ravemane

ravemane

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

The only tape I need to watch is the national championship game against bama this dude aint no NFL linebacker

#9 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

At #32 Oz will target the BPA per the Ravens' board! I don't see them making a move for this guy! He's not like "freaky good"!

#10 trevorsteadman

trevorsteadman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

The thing that's good with Ozzie is he doesn't just pick the "predicted best" from the draft. He knows players are overrated and underrated depending on the team they are on. He picks from more than just the SEC teams that do good and have good stats. He picks from smaller colleges like Utah, BYU, Delaware, Rutgers... Colleges that get less recognition. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't take a linebacker first round and maybe get a less recognized one lower down in the draft which might actually play better.

#11 trevorsteadman

trevorsteadman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I prefer Linter over Manti Te'o also. I like the way he plays better. But in the end whoever we get this year at the Linebacker position is probably going to be who we work our whole defense around for a long time unless they become a bust.

#12 YankeeRaven

YankeeRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hope his coming to Baltimore, I think he will be a great ILB, he probably won't be a Ray Lewis like in the 2000 season, but I believe his the right guy, him or Kevin Minter hope one if them is going to be draftet by Ravens.

#13 trevorsteadman

trevorsteadman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Plus Adrian Hamilton doesn't look too bad and we picked him up. He hasn't played much but he is decent the few plays he has got to play on the field.

#14 bmoreravens21784

bmoreravens21784

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Pass. Look how he played against their only real opponent that season. Depending on what happens with McKinnie, I feel like we should get a left tackle so we can keep Oher on the right. I'm not saying first round, unless the oppurtunity presents itself, but in one of the earlier rounds.

Edited by bmoreravens21784, 13 February 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#15 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

We don't need the drama or headache! Please pass

#16 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

To those of you who love to talk draft strategy, player retention and salary cap issues: please visit our comprehensive draft forum http://boards.baltim...2013-nfl-draft/

Thank you.
15fqib6.jpg

#17 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, MLB isnt our Top need, Its NT . Thats why our run defense was so horrible last year.

#18 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

This kid isn't a Raven, he got smoked against Bama in the championship game - overrated IMO!!!

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

The only tape I need to watch is the national championship game against bama this dude aint no NFL linebacker

You may want to watch 4 years of tape before judging him entirely on one game. I've been watching the kid since he was a freshman. Every year he got better and better.

That game against Bama was awful, no doubt. However, I really think he was "out of it" mentally because all of that crap was about to hit the fan, and he knew it. In fact, the whole ND team was out of sync.

All season long Te'o faced some of the best individual players in college football, and he dominated all of them (exception Bama). Te'o is the reason ND was even in the national championship.

So I wouldn't completely discount the kid based off of one game.

Plus, he's adaptable and teachable. (Lacks common sense in the real world, obviously. But he's football smart, and reads offenses very well)

No matter what team he falls to, I think he will fare very well. That's based on more than one game.

#20 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Mateo is a wasted draft pick. I don't care what he did prior years, anybody could put up those stats in that weak non conference he was in. Everybody saw what happen when they finally played a real team. He gets too much credit, but I blame it on these analyst who really don't watch college football they just go off what they see in the highlight film instead of watching the game

Edited by steelraven, 13 February 2013 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users