48 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,580 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

The Ravens season was filled with plenty of ups and downs en route to a Super Bowl title.

View the full article

#2 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

If you read all accounts by people not in the locker room but who knew a guy who knew a guy, the "Halloween Meeting" was mostly about Cam!

He was the elephant in the room!

When Harbs finally got up the gumption to pull the trigger, everything after the 1st Broncos' game was a plus!

Oh,... and that guys got relatively healthy went unmentioned in the article! That was huge!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 13 February 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#3 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think Ray Rice's 4 and 29 was the single most important play of our season!

#4 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

sorry Mystigo_Dragon, i dont put much credence in things people who knew a guy that knew a guy say. Thats called a rumor and rumors are mostly noise.

#5 jbr719

jbr719

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

The biggest turning point in the season had to have been the firing of Cam Cameron. Since the Denver game where Flacco threw the pick 6, Flacco and the offense were simply a different team. They played with a purpose and played to win, rather than not to lose which seemed to plague this team so much in the past.

#6 Dumbo of Rome

Dumbo of Rome

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I agree with jbr719, and without that pick six we were going to win also that game.

As for steelcityraven, also in this case I agree, but please let's all remember Boldin's block towards the end of the Diddle Diddle conversion: that's the kind of attitude, the kind of play, and the kind of execution that made the superbowl run possible.

#7 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

sorry Mystigo_Dragon, i dont put much credence in things people who knew a guy that knew a guy say. Thats called a rumor and rumors are mostly noise.

LOL

Actually, it came from Harbs himself and a couple more guys on offense! The Dee was not feeling full pad practices but the Oh questioned what they were supposed to be doing,... more run or more pass!

Yet, seriously, but for Ray's 29 yard "Diddle-diddle" we were destined for Wild card Hades, and the Dragonfly's "Mile-high Miracle",... well, ya know the rest
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#8 Baltimore Bandwagon

Baltimore Bandwagon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I thought that reinserting McKinnie was the biggest tactical move, and I wonder if that change was a direct result of Caldwell taking the OC position...

Mystigo, there is mention of the team getting healthy... in the paragraph concerning the Giants game.

#9 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Not taking anything away from Joe, but we would not have been in N.O. had Ray not announced it would be his last ride. He has always fueled this team and he gave us juice one last time.

#10 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I feel like the comment that Harbaugh "humbled himself" indicates Harbaugh understood that he needed to move a little more control from the coaching staff to the team. Belichick's style is "my way, or the highway". John Harbaugh works to allow the players a say in matters, but without letting the inmates run the asylum. Having a roster of strong veterans makes that approach work.

I think the nature of Cam's dismissal was more about control than Xs and Os or what play was being called and when. I think the McKinnie move was also about control. The staff had made its point to Bryant and now it was just time to make the move that gets the best players on the field, no matter what.

#11 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I still don't get the Halloween meeting thing I don't get how the players are disputing the HC to me that makes no sense

#12 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

LOL

Actually, it came from Harbs himself and a couple more guys on offense! The Dee was not feeling full pad practices but the Oh questioned what they were supposed to be doing,... more run or more pass!

Yet, seriously, but for Ray's 29 yard "Diddle-diddle" we were destined for Wild card Hades, and the Dragonfly's "Mile-high Miracle",... well, ya know the restWell if it came form Harbs and some guys on Offense then it wasnt just some guy that knew another guy. Sure wish I could hob-nob around the players and coaches like you do.

#13 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Certainly one of the craziest seasons I can ever remember.

Week 1... look like an instant SB contender.
Week 2... a repeat of 2011. Big emotional win, poor road performance to an inferior team
Week 6... hang on to beat Dallas, lose two key defensive players, people begin to see that something's not right with this defense
Week 7... a gigantic slice of humble pie
Week 9-10... come out of the bye, pound inferior teams, offense starts looking better.
Week 11... big win in Pittsburgh in a game we know we should have won
Week 12... miracle saves us from another road loss to an inferior team after an emotional win
Week 13... the beginning of about a 3 week stretch of bad football. Losing at home to your arch rivals without their best QB. One of the most disappointing moments I can remember as a fan.
Week 15... an even bigger slice of humble pie, and doubt begins to set in.
Week 16... the entire fanbase, at the same time, asks the same question "where has this level of play been all season/"

And then theres the playoffs...

#14 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

My Favorite Moment was the 4th and 29 play, not only was it incredible but it is a memorable moment I saw LIVE with my Son that we will talk about forever. It gets no better than that for me personally... BTW is Weddle awake yet?

#15 mdc99

mdc99

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

the best play was either the 4th and 29 conversion or the 70 yard touchdown to tie the game in Denver

#16 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

4th and 29, Anquan's block was amazing...

#17 Utah_Raven

Utah_Raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

The author forgot to mention the re-alignment of the offensive line. It was huge! Moving Oher back to RT and bringing McKinnie off the bench to play LT. The offense was a completely different offense after that change was made.

#18 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

My vote goes to the J Jones catch for the tying TD at Denver. It turned the entire tide of the playoffs into the SB!

#19 baltravensrj55

baltravensrj55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I like the list and agree with it. BTW he stated in his title post that it was base off the ''season'' not playoffs.

#20 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Let it be known: The biggest and best decision was promoting Caldwell to OC. That let Flacco take off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users