Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

[News] Late For Work 2/13: Don’t Expect Same Ravens Team

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Lewis vs. Kaepernick – What could have been. Party continues in Baltimore. Flacco an All-American guy.

View the full article

#2 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

We won it at the right time. Some good pick ups and draft choices could have the Ravens right back in the hunt. The down side of our situation is that there are teams like Denver whose window has just opened. It will be tough to repeat.

Edited by Fastfingers, 13 February 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#3 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Ray would of handled Kaepernick like he did Sproles. No way he would've let him score, 1 on 1 with him with the Superbowl on the line...I don't care how bad he played that game or how old he is.

#4 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

"Stop him and the Ravens win. Don't stop him, and the Ravens lose."

I don't agree with this. If he had scored there would have still been almost 2 minutes remaining, and we still had all three timeouts. Would a game winning drive under those circumstances really be impossible?

#5 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Nah Denver doesnt have that much of a window. I give Manning 3 years more tops, likely only 2. Hes old and he's brittle. Wont be long before Denver has a major QB problem at hand and fades back into the background.
He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#6 Baltimore Bandwagon

Baltimore Bandwagon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Why does the media assume that the Ravens would have lost the Superbowl if the 49'ers would have scored that last touchdown? They would have left plenty of time on the clock for Joe to march the offense back down for a score.

#7 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

It wasn't the "same old" Ravens team, that won the Superbowl anyway. Did we have dominant overpowering defense? No, we were middle of pack defensively heading into the playoffs. Did we ground and pound our way through the playoffs? No, NE and SF actually did a good job taking that away from us.
All I remember is Baltimore having the most explosive dynamic offense of the playoffs. You kind of have to get used to this, but it is the current reality for the Ravens anyway (Flacco and Rice being the central pieces of our team).
The biggest priorities in the off-season are:

1. Sign Flacco
2. Make sure our OLine continues to play at a high level
3. Get atleast one more year of Boldin and find a heir apparent
4. Defense

It's a big shift in team philosophy, but one that fits the nature of todays league.

#8 RavenAllDay

RavenAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Why does the media assume that the Ravens would have lost the Superbowl if the 49'ers would have scored that last touchdown? They would have left plenty of time on the clock for Joe to march the offense back down for a score.

They quickly forget about the 89 yard, 1:00 march Flacco led down the field at Heinz Field against the Steelers two seasons ago. and that was against highly rated Steelers defense!

#9 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

I like Peter King's "what if scenario". What a worthless topic!

What if Boldin doesn't catch that TD pass? What if Tuck missed the field goal in the 4th? What if Jacoby does not run that ball back?

Sounds stupid, doesn't it? But it's Peter King...guess I can't expect much. My bad.

#10 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

@BaltimoreBandwagon: That really upsets me too. Beyond them scoring the touchdown, people act like if they called holding it would have won them the game. No, it would have put them at the two and a half. It's like Ravens fans who say we were a missed kick away from beating New England last season. Completely delusional.

I feel like Peter King's content is slipping. A hypothetical play that never happened and Flacco going to Cleveland. These are the stories we can expect in the offseason?

@RiseandConquer81: If you get on here and read this, yesterday I said Cary Williams wasn't going to be worth the contract he would inevitably get. I said he allowed a lot of first downs against him. You came back and asked for a source as opposed to googling it yourself. I gave you the source, then you said it was bad. All the while not debating my original point at all. Do you contend that we should sign Cary Williams to a long term deal at the market price he will command?

#11 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Terrence Cody didn't grade out well???? Who is doing the grading over there?!

I WANT ANSWERS!!!!

#12 windew007

windew007

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

It is going to be tough to repeat. I believe we are going to lose alot of our starters next year. Unless Ozzie can work some magic some where with the numbers. I know we will be competative for a long time but a repeat would be difficult if we kept everyone, nearly impossible if we lose most as we probably will.

#13 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Cody was good for a few laughs and maybe tripping someone once in a while on his back... Ravens need to find a good replacement for him.

#14 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

On another note, how about Jimmy Smith stepping up in the post season and SB. He was clutch. He made that huge Special Teams tackle on Punt coverage in OT against Denver and the last 9ers series in the SB. If he elevates his play next season, and Webb returns to his healthy self, they will be tough, with or without Cary Williams. Honestly, for J smith to pan out I hoped he would take over Williams spot on the depth chart...

#15 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

I for one, am getting a bit tired of seeing this headline. One day after the SB win, that is ALL I've seen in sports headline everywhere. No team will be the same team, especially one like ours that needs to sign a SB winning QB. And all the hypothetical what-ifs regarding our win, fact is we did win so get over it SI. In the meantime, I will just wait for some news on our FO progress.

#16 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I don't agree with this. If he had scored there would have still been almost 2 minutes remaining, and we still had all three timeouts. Would a game winning drive under those circumstances really be impossible?

exactly what were we going to do stand around and let the clock run out . nonesense. I don't understand why all the what if's . its done the better team won.

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#17 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

@metalraven, What if the power dosn't go out for 34 minutes and the offence doesn't sit on the bench for over 80 minutes and loose the momentum we had going into the thid quarter.

I agree, It's a silly article.

#18 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I think most of us were looking to that as our path to victory once SF got the ball inside the 10. I think the smart money would have been on SF getting a TD at that point, they way they were moving the ball. I didn't foresee the Raven's historic goal-line stand.

I was very confident we'd have moved the ball far enough for Tucker to kick a long (indoor) FG. The big what-if, would have been whether that kick would have been for the win or the tie. That would have depended on whether SF would have been successful on the 2-point attempt after scoring the TD.

Of course, its all fodder for chat ... these "what if" scenarios. The fact was, had Jim not called the TO, that play would have been a 5 yard loss (delay) - no matter what Lewis did with Kap. Doesn't matter. Our D was beyond shaky finishing that game out, but dug deep and did what they had to, while SF I think showed some signs of jitters and inexperience in that final 2 minutes.

Edited by balfan23, 13 February 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#19 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I don't expect it to be the same team, I expect it to be a better team!
If we can sure up our Defence, get them back to a top 10 squad and keep a strong O-line protecting Joe, the 2013 Ravens will be tough to beat!

#20 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

is it august yet :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users