Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMH_in_WA

See ... Even Mother Nature Wears Purple and Black

16 posts in this topic

She's sending Ravens to taunt Californians. :D

[quote]But is it in locals' imaginations that they now seem to see ravens all over town?

The answer, apparently, is no.

“Ravens' numbers have exploded,” said Will Richardson, co-executive director of the Tahoe Institute for Natural Science. “They are very clever. They're very smart. They are very good at exploiting any niche they can find.”

Janice Follmer, a 20-year-resident of Crystal Bay, said she has noticed more ravens in the area over the past few years.

“They freaked me out,” said Follmer, who said she often passed a few of the birds while walking her dog, who recently died. “They're kind of scary. They just watch you. My old dog didn't move very fast and I thought they could just take my dog away.[/quote]

[url="http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20130212/NEWS/130219981/1066&ParentProfile=1051"]http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20130212/NEWS/130219981/1066&ParentProfile=1051[/url]

Ah Mother Nature, I love you.

This description of a "group of ravens" is too much!

[b]"That ganging up may account for the name given to groups of ravens. Unlike the cute-ish “covey of quails,” a group of ravens is referred to as an “unkindness” or a “conspiracy.” [/b]There it is, proof of the conspiracy!

A few years ago my family and I spent some time at the Grand Canyon and saw ravens. They are a lot larger than crows and kind of scary looking. Perfect mascot, don't you think?

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]There are a lot of ravens here in the Midwest, always see them on the side of the highways. Lots of trees nearby, so perfect weather, perfect hunting ground and perfecting nesting areas.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Now if I could just get rid of that red-tail hawk that keeps hanging around.[/i][/font]

They're also the guardians of the Crown of England. I think our mascot is pretty damn cool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravens_of_the_Tower_of_London

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1360760548' post='1356510']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]There are a lot of ravens here in the Midwest, always see them on the side of the highways. Lots of trees nearby, so perfect weather, perfect hunting ground and perfecting nesting areas.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Now if I could just get rid of that red-tail hawk that keeps hanging around.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Do Panda's eat hawks? Could they?

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1360765778' post='1356542']
So they heeded my call... [i]assembleeeee![/i]
[/quote]
So thats why Ray does that dance. It all makes perfect sense now

Intro Music: Hot in herre

Ray Lewis: Ravens Assembleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*Proceeds to do Squirrel to summon the Flock*

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1360760548' post='1356510']

[/quote]

Why do you want to get rid of the hawk? Hawks are cool to watch.

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1360878714' post='1357896']
Why do you want to get rid of the hawk? Hawks are cool to watch.
[/quote]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I agree, hawks are cool to watch. Just not cool to watch them try to attack your pug on a regular basis.[/font][/i]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1360885436' post='1357964']
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I agree, hawks are cool to watch. Just not cool to watch them try to attack your pug on a regular basis.[/font][/i]
[/quote]

Got it. Full dog body armor? :-)

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1360887092' post='1357983']
Got it. Full dog body armor? :-)
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That's a good idea. Now, where to get it.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1360887250' post='1357985']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That's a good idea. Now, where to get it.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/body_armor_dog_1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1360753784' post='1356471']
This description of a "group of ravens" is too much!

[b]"That ganging up may account for the name given to groups of ravens. Unlike the cute-ish “covey of quails,” a group of ravens is referred to as an “unkindness” or a “conspiracy.” [/b]There it is, proof of the conspiracy!

A few years ago my family and I spent some time at the Grand Canyon and saw ravens. They are a lot larger than crows and kind of scary looking. Perfect mascot, don't you think?
[/quote]Imagining all of the 49er, Pats fans that are seriously considering this is making me lul! :D

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1360888017' post='1357994']
[img]http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/body_armor_dog_1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Suh-weet![/i][/font]