Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Free Agents

117 posts in this topic

The Ravens have 13 unrestricted free agents and six restricted free agents.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Free-Agents/234142c7-1f2c-49df-9ff7-1dcc39fb6a05]View the full article[/url]

Ravens won the Super Bowl! all you haters can go pound sand. Boy it is really hard to find anyone to wear Steeler gear around here in PA. I love wearing my Flacco jersey. No one says anything anymore. They are in hidding! BBBAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAABBHHHAAA!

Whatever happened to the weekly AFC North Blog?

I think Blittsburgh will have a heavier shake up than us[list]
[*]Mike Wallace is definitely on his way out
[*]Mendenhall is gone
[*]James Harrison won't sign at a discount
[*]I even saw something that suggested they might part ways with TP which wouldn't be surprising
[/list]
Cincy has some key free agent issues to sort out as well.

Positive that if we can re-tool on defense we'll be in the hunt for the division title again

arthur jones, mckinnie, ellerbe, kruger and pitta are must keeps. love reed but it all depends on how much per season he will cost the salary cap. yes he is a leader but he does not tackle anymore and has lost a few steps. would love to bring him back but the younger guys have to be the priority.

How come my Ravens won the Superbowl song keeps getting deleted :(

Mod note: because it has nothing to do with this article. Please read your messages.

That is a lot of heat in the free agency good googlee moo. I really hate when we lose a fan favorite to a boo boo team ie Kelly Gregg, Double JJ. I can't wait to see Ozzie pull this off and since I can't see which way we're going, it's going to be incredible.

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1360698982' post='1355678']
Arthur Jones came on pretty good this year!
[/quote]

I anticipate him getting a 2nd round tender and earning around 2M this year. We may even look to sign him to an extension.

As for our #1 RFA, I thought we'd go with a 1st rounder on him. However, our resident cap expert Brian McFarland stated a 2nd rounder would be good enough for him. We may be even more motivated to try and work an extension for him.

Dickson is a mystery. I anticipate a low tender for him (putting him at just over 1M) and actually hope someone tries to grab him. I don't think it will happen though - since they'd have to give up a pick equal to his draft (3rd round).

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1360700715' post='1355719']
Let Cary go... Go far away
[/quote]

Sure about that? Have you noticed that Cary is the only CB we've had in years who can stay off of the injury reports? There's a lot of value in that fact alone.

Some wildcard performers needed for upcoming year:

- Gino Gradkowski .... I'm not hearing widespread rumors, but it seems that even if Birk doesn't retire, he'll be released. Gino is going to have some big shoes to fill.

- Michael MaCadoo ... People please stop saying that Kruger is a must keep. The only person more certain to be gone is Williams and Kruger will not be far behind. If Upshaw steps into the start, then someone needs to back-fill. Since Oz has said we'd likely draft middle defense (DT, ILB and perhaps S), the edge isn't likely to be bolstered via draft. Hoping he can stay healthy this go round so we see what we actually have.

Call me crazy, but... McKinnie is priority #2 in my mind (after Joe of course). What a HUGE difference he made once he was inserted back into the lineup. A one year contract to McKinnie, give our young guys another year of seasoning. Oher has had numerous opportunities, and has proven that he is not nearly as good on the left side. It'd be nice to know if Birk is playing or retiring sometime real soon.

[quote name='slim36' timestamp='1360701017' post='1355725']
We need to keep.Ihedigbo. ! He's a sleeper
[/quote]

I definitely hope he won't garner much on the open market and that we can keep him around. Especially if Reed is unable to be retained, we'll need the safety help.

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1360700636' post='1355717']
I anticipate him getting a 2nd round tender and earning around 2M this year. We may even look to sign him to an extension.

As for our #1 RFA, I thought we'd go with a 1st rounder on him. However, our resident cap expert Brian McFarland stated a 2nd rounder would be good enough for him. We may be even more motivated to try and work an extension for him.

Dickson is a mystery. I anticipate a low tender for him (putting him at just over 1M) and actually hope someone tries to grab him. I don't think it will happen though - since they'd have to give up a pick equal to his draft (3rd round).
[/quote]
Do you think Joe just wasn't looking for Dickson? That was his go to guy last year in the 2011 season...or so it seemed.

Given that Boldin and/or Jones likely won't be back, I'd like to see if D. Reed gets a shot. He bulked up pretty good and I'm sure his hands are still what they said they were

PLAY LIKE A RAVEN OR PLAY like you are holding the team ransome !
Yes, it is business and the FANS support the business, BUT- I do NOT have to like all of the antics. WE do not ! WHATEVER........ ! This fan has been getting tired of this for a long time !

And now i get on my kick of scouting draft prospects and free agents this offseason, although i loved the ravens going to the super bowl more, my 2nd favorite part of the NFL is seeing all the new draftees' come out of college and predicting who the ravens will get

Balt.Bandwagon- Cary is a lose -win siuation. he stays healthy yes. but he draws a lot of flags, gives up a lot of td' and he was 2nd in the league last season at giving up 1st down pass plays.i rather have a DB give up half as many 1st downs and get no picks. then a db who gives up that many 1st downs and gets a couple picks.

I know that Ozzie is a Wizard and a Genius for figuring these things out but I'm not like this scenario at all, how did it ever come to this having so many player on reserve, that's almost a whole team right there

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1360702589' post='1355753']
Do you think Joe just wasn't looking for Dickson? That was his go to guy last year in the 2011 season...or so it seemed.

Given that Boldin and/or Jones likely won't be back, I'd like to see if D. Reed gets a shot. He bulked up pretty good and I'm sure his hands are still what they said they were
[/quote]

Dickson was the go to guy early in the 2011 season. Then Pitta started coming on strong and Dickson started dropping balls.

In 2012, Pitta started where he left off and then there was a stretch where it seemed Cam and/or Joe forgot that there was a TE position. We started using them again and Dickson had a couple more bad drops. Yes, we found him on a few plays during the playoffs (the couple catches he had in the Bowl were tough ... I mean it is like he only catches the ball when he's getting mauled!) but I think there has been something of a loss of trust in Dickson by either Joe or the team as a whole.

Wonder what they'll do with McBean he couldn't possibly play any worse next year than Cody and Maake did this year

[quote name='Baltimore Bandwagon' timestamp='1360701538' post='1355741']
Call me crazy, but... McKinnie is priority #2 in my mind (after Joe of course). What a HUGE difference he made once he was inserted back into the lineup. A one year contract to McKinnie, give our young guys another year of seasoning. Oher has had numerous opportunities, and has proven that he is not nearly as good on the left side. It'd be nice to know if Birk is playing or retiring sometime real soon.
[/quote]

McKinnie ... what an enigma. I can see why you would say that. Do any of us think Joe has this historic post-season without McKinnie stepping in and keeping Joe from getting hit by Freeney/Mathas, Miller/Dummerville and then Aldon Smith? Our O line was brilliant during the stretch that McKinnie got into the lineup and we'd love to see that again.

BUT .... what McKinnie are we going to get rolling into camp? A guy who is AWOL for days, then informs the team he's hurt and shows up weighing in at 400lbs? This basically happened this year and the team chucked him in the dog house. Instead of trying to play his way out of the dog house during practice, he pouted.

Was it Reid going down with injury and then having no choice but to put him in that caused this change going into the playoffs? Was it someone on the player side with clout (Ray) - saying - look, we know he's a pain in the butt, but we need him in there? It worked out perfect ... he was rested and ready to go for the playoffs. So do we sign him and give him the first 15 weeks or so off, so he doesn't fall apart?

So ... I see your point, but he's seems to be a tricky fellow and the FO and coaching staff probably cringe at the thought of dealing with him. Then there is also the issue of what he's going to want in terms of money. I bet he feels the FO jerked him around as far as his 2012 $$$ is concerned, so he's going to want compensation. It will be interesting to see what they do.

[quote name='eek' timestamp='1360704123' post='1355791']
Balt.Bandwagon- Cary is a lose -win siuation. he stays healthy yes. but he draws a lot of flags, gives up a lot of td' and he was 2nd in the league last season at giving up 1st down pass plays.i rather have a DB give up half as many 1st downs and get no picks. then a db who gives up that many 1st downs and gets a couple picks.
[/quote]

You make him out to be Frank Walker, LOL!

To all the fans out there complaining about having to pay Joe what he is due.....
The Browns fan below should give you some perspective. Do we really want to let Joe go and be like those poor souls?
Ozzy will have to make some tough decisions and let a few guys go to pay Flacco but without a QB we are nothing.
Just look at what teams like WAS, INDY, SEA, have done with a quality QB while teams like AZ and KC have good receivers but no QB to throw to them. Pay the man. He has earned every penny. Ozzy will sort it out.

For me the order would be
Joe-obviously
Ellerbe- we need him at MLB with Lewis retired, even if he is resigned I still want Minter, Ogletree or teo with our first if any are available
McKinnie- As soon as he played LT Joe wasn't on his butt, I wanted that line all season, i get the weight concerns but who else will be better at our price range
Williams- Nice Luxury but not a necessity(still got webby, Smith, Grahm, and can pick someone in mid-late as a project)

Say goodbye
Kruger-love his play but with our cap and upshaw and suggs on the roster not a high priority
Reed- Will be missed and will need to be replaced, resign if he will accept reasonable contract-not likely
Kemoeatu/McBean- nice if on low deal but I think they slap in the face this year cody got will motivate him to his potential