40 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

The quarterback is enjoying his newfound celebrity, but he’ll still be the same old Joe.

View the full article

#2 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I find it quite refreshing that Joe E-Lite is a grounded and level-headed guy! No sending questionable self pics to young ladies for Joe Cool!

We've got a winner for the long haul!

#3 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

flacco flacco flacco!! i bet he gets signed before the deadline. he will agree on 7 year/$15 mil per year. congrats

#4 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

flacco flacco flacco!! i bet he gets signed before the deadline. he will agree on 7 year/$15 mil per year. congrats

Reportedly Joe refused to sign a $16mill/year offer. So you're most likely wrong about Joe signing to a contract, that is only marginally better then the one Big Ben signed 5 years ago.

bJNF689.jpg

#5 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm happy to have Flacco on our team, I hope he gets a deal done soon, 6yr/$105/$70 sounds about right.

#6 Baltimore Bandwagon

Baltimore Bandwagon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

When something positive happens on the field, he's out there pumping his fist and giving congrats to his teammates. He does it without going overboard, and in good taste with no ill-will towards his opponents. He acts like he's "been there before". When something bad happens, you don't see anything demonstrative from Joe. Usually what you see is Joe on the sidelines reviewing pictures discussing it with teammates and coaches, and that's it. You never see him sulking. I can only remember one instance where he was visibly upset, and that was in Carolina a couple of years ago. I was at that game, in Charlotte, sitting right behind the Ravens bench. He and Mason got into it over a route read. It lasted about 30 seconds. During the rest of that game, I noticed Joe and Dee talking with each other, very jovial and it was obvious that they had put the incident behind them.

If you ask me, Joe is as professional as they come... in any pro sport. The notion that he "doesn't care enough" has always been ludicrous to me.

#7 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Wow - that would be awesome. Although I'm not exactly sure why he'd be taking less money than the contract he turned down at the beginning of the season ... unless we believe that leading a team to a Super Bowl victory could somehow reduce his contract demands. But, hey, dare to dream!

#8 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,475 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I just can't wait for it to be over with. I don't care how much or whatever, as long as he's with us playin next season I'm cool.

#9 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've been one of the opinion that people needed to leave Flacco alone, let him be his calm, cool and collected self and things will sort themselves out. Look how well that turned out now.....

#10 GoldRaven

GoldRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

You guys. Steve said he was going to keep Joe for the next 10 years.

So his contract would be 10 years and about $150 million. No way we pay him more than $15M a year. The good thing about the deal is the longevity.

#11 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Joe the Joe....catchy!

#12 TheVIP74

TheVIP74

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Its funny how fans are upset about Flacco and this contract but its not the publics money.The Ravens will pay him most likely around 19-20 million per season. The contract can be cap friendly however. To think that no other team will pay him 19-20 million is a mistake if the Ravens do not pay Joe Flacco another team will pay him.

#13 TheVIP74

TheVIP74

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Fans have no choice but to trust Ozzie and Co. they have to keep there core players and use the draft and selective free agency to keep a good team. This is how the Ravens have always operated. @Gold Raven he will get more than 15 mi per season

#14 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Joe Flacco has a Lombardi trophy and Super Bowl MVP award.
Drew Brees- 1 Lombardi
Brett Favre- 1 Lombardi
Peyton Manning- 1 Lombardi
Arron Rodgers- 1 Lombardi
Dan Marino- 0 Lombardi

Steve B said last year that Joe will win a lot of Championships. I thought. No way. It is way to hard to win 1 let alone multiple. Well, one year later he has one. Let's go and get some more! His name is now "Big Game Joe Cool"

#15 Tristan S.

Tristan S.

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

There's nothing throughout our playoff run (and even in the NYG game) that shows me the offense will regress next season, either. Pay Joe for what he has accomplished so far, and expect to see more of what we saw against the league's best for years to come, baby!

#16 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Reportedly Joe refused to sign a $16mill/year offer. So you're most likely wrong about Joe signing to a contract, that is only marginally better then the one Big Ben signed 5 years ago.

not if he wants a chance to win multiple superbowls. sure he is worth more but $15 million per year is plenty to take care of your family for many lifetimes if you are smart with your $$ which he looks like he would be.

#17 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

-I didn't know that dan marino never won a superbowl that explains the trophy/ring envy. I see Joe getting 19 or 20 million a year . and i will be happy with that . I don't see this being our last superbowl win i really don't we get younger on defense i see many more in our future.

#18 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Joe"cool"is our franchise QB,pay the man!

#19 montanaRaven

montanaRaven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

"Good Ship Flacco." Hilarious.

#20 brwils

brwils

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well over half of the cap is consumed by just 10 players. I think Joe is around 8.5 mil this year. To sign him in the 19 mil range leaves very little to sign the other 40 plus players that make up a team. Ray's retirement doesn't free up near enough to compensate for the new Joe deal. So, they had better have a near perfect draft to put together a team that can compete again next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users