Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sizzlebshu

Cleveland Browns

45 posts in this topic

Let's discuss their potential to come back to being a relevant football team. LOL no seriously. They are being tied to Mike Wallace who ironically is a perfect fit for Norv Turner's vertical scheme. Seriously, Cleveland is beginning to amass some serious firepower and talent and given their cap situation, this is only the beginning.

I can definitely see it happening . I don't see weeden as a franchise qb but there are options available . They are quietly collecting young talent and I bet we see that team improving over the next few years. I did laugh when i read your post it does seem odd to say browns and talent in the same sentence .

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1360688583' post='1355480']
I can definitely see it happening . I don't see weeden as a franchise qb but there are options available . They are quietly collecting young talent and I bet we see that team improving over the next few years. [b]I did laugh when i read your post it does seem odd to say browns and talent in the same sentence[/b] .
[/quote]

Cleveland has talent. The biggest things holding back, as has been the case seemingly forever, is consistent QB play.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360689476' post='1355493']
Cleveland has talent. The biggest things holding back, as has been the case seemingly forever, is consistent QB play.
[/quote]

To think that all they would've had to do is trade their 2 first round picks from last year (Richardson & Weeden) & first from this year and they'd have had RGIII.

Thankfully they still suck at making the big decisions.

[quote name='Clutch Ravens' timestamp='1360689750' post='1355498']
To think that all they would've had to do is trade their 2 first round picks from last year (Richardson & Weeden) & first from this year and they'd have had RGIII.

Thankfully they still[b] suck at making the big decisions.[/b]
[/quote]
That's why everytime they look at Ozzie, they are pissed at Art.....

They're switching to a 3-4, correct? How is that gonna work? Not sure if Sheard can be an OLB. He'd probaby be the Jack.

I think their defense is coming along. They got a lot of cap room as well.

I actually think they're offense could be good if they get a #1 reciever. Not sure if that would be Wallace or not, but if I was CLE I would try to get one of the top FA WR's this year. Weedens an old rookie, but I don't think he's that bad. If anything I think he could be a good game manager. Trent Richardsons a beast, they could be the AFC Vikings, just straight ground & pound... They still have Joe Thomas and Mack looks good. I would go defense in the first, and then TE in the 2nd or 3rd....I could actually see Dion Simms in a browns uni.

Jarvis Jones or Milliner in the 1st I think would be good fits.

They're definitely up & coming. They still have a ton of holes to fill, but if they nail this next draft I think they could be a surprise team next year....they still need a WR,TE,G, CB2, FS, MLB, OLB & DE. lol

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360689476' post='1355493']
[/quote]that post should have read "the browns and success" . but i agree they get a good franchise qb and they will be a force in coming years

Eh, it's a curse really. Go peruse their boards for about 5 minutes and see the bitterness and hate directed at Art & Baltimore. Karma is kicking them in the butt and they deserve it. It is one thing to not forgive the man for moving the team. It is another to actively work at keeping him out of the HoF when the NFL would not exist as it does today without Art. It is one thing to believe Baltimore stole their team, and another to believe you are entitled to our Super Bowl victories of 2001 and 2013 because of what happened in 1995.

Yep. Karma can be a cold hearted beast.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1360690747' post='1355525']
We say this about the Browns every year! They have to show me something...
[/quote]this. remember back when the Eagles were "paper" champions, and had a roster that was "stacked" with prime time players? but yet they failed miserably to produce like everyone thought they would? on paper it looks like the Browns are a force, they've always have played us hard and close through the years, the browns were much better than what their record showed, so maybe this season..could be the season.

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1360693693' post='1355586']
this. remember back when the Eagles were "paper" champions, and had a roster that was "stacked" with prime time players? but yet they failed miserably to produce like everyone thought they would? on paper it looks like the Browns are a force, they've always have played us hard and close through the years, the browns were much better than what their record showed, so maybe this season..could be the season.
[/quote]

Yes, the Browns gave us trouble especially last year so I will never underestimate them. But their seasons always seem hopeful only to fade away.

I believe it was this year, at Cleveland, that they were running the ball on us very effectively in the beginning of the game. But, when they got into short yardage situations, they would pass the ball (for incompletions and then punts). My dad could not understand why they were not running on us and why the Browns playcaller was so thick. I told him 'if they would do the smart thing, they wouldn't be the Browns'

Poor coaching, talent, or free agents always seem to come back to bite them.

They still need a QB but I really like what they have core wise. However I think they need another WR to play opposite Gordon. Little has the talent but doesn't have the hands.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1360690478' post='1355519']
That's why everytime they look at Ozzie, they are pissed at Art.....
[/quote]Yeah honestly they hate us for having Ozzie and this great FO which isn't really fair to the organization.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1360699053' post='1355680']
Until Cle gets a legit NFL QB they will continue to flounder.
[/quote] And then they might get over losing a team.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1360695107' post='1355614']
Yes, the Browns gave us trouble especially last year so I will never underestimate them. But their seasons always seem hopeful only to fade away.

I believe it was this year, at Cleveland, that they were running the ball on us very effectively in the beginning of the game. But, when they got into short yardage situations, they would pass the ball (for incompletions and then punts). My dad could not understand why they were not running on us and why the Browns playcaller was so thick. I told him 'if they would do the smart thing, they wouldn't be the Browns'

Poor coaching, talent, or free agents always seem to come back to bite them.
[/quote]
I agree, their record last season did not show the true progression the team made, given the proper coaching staff and execution, the Browns can be very very effective. which is why I referred to the one year Eagles signed all these big name FA's and on paper LOOKED like a championship team (hence paper champions) but poor execution cost them dearly. just like the browns. now the browns didn't have BIG name free agents but the point im making is . they have a good enough team, the talent is there, they just need to Execute. that's been their downfall.

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1360700938' post='1355721']
I agree, their record last season did not show the true progression the team made, given the proper coaching staff and execution, the Browns can be very very effective. which is why I referred to the one year Eagles signed all these big name FA's and on paper LOOKED like a championship team (hence paper champions) but poor execution cost them dearly. just like the browns. now the browns didn't have BIG name free agents but the point im making is . they have a good enough team, the talent is there, they just need to Execute. that's been their downfall.
[/quote]
we looked worse on paper last year; essentially, worse...lol

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1360698946' post='1355677']
Yeah honestly they hate us for having Ozzie and this great FO which isn't really fair to the organization.
[/quote]
dude, we lost Baltimore Colts....not fair to us too....God is there to balance with karma.....

[quote name='Clutch Ravens' timestamp='1360689750' post='1355498']

Thankfully they still suck at making the big decisions.
[/quote]
Tbh I think they made out better. Weeden was just a bad pick, but i would have waited for qb and just amassed a crap load of talent knowing id be picking at the top.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1360702629' post='1355754']
we looked worse on paper last year; essentially, worse...lol
[/quote] lol BUT we had the proper coaches and we executed properly, when you don't have the right coaches and failure to execute...... your not going to do well.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1360702724' post='1355758']
dude, we lost Baltimore Colts....not fair to us too....God is there to balance with karma.....
[/quote] What I meant to say is that their hatred for Art isn't really fair to the Ravens organization. We have our own colors, logo, and history. Colts stole everything.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1360702724' post='1355758']

[/quote]a lot of us let go of the out and out hatred, not forgot nor do we love the Indy team, that marked the playoff in 2007--- the hatred still consumes many Brown fans and dear Tony Grossi-- it's not healthy.

"report from rotoworld is that there is 'realistic possibility' the Browns sign Mike Wallace [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace"]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace[/url]

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1360693693' post='1355586']
this. remember back when the Eagles were "paper" champions, and had a roster that was "stacked" with prime time players? but yet they failed miserably to produce like everyone thought they would? on paper it looks like the Browns are a force, they've always have played us hard and close through the years, the browns were much better than what their record showed, so maybe this season..could be the season.
[/quote]

Same with the Cowboys, and for several years in a row. They should be working on their 12th SB win this upcoming season... according to the paperwork...

I still don't think the Browns are going anywhere. You never make progress when you pull the plug and start over every couple of years. They may steal a win from us or Pit or Cin, but I think they're going to have to win a LOT of games outside the division just to have a chance at 7-9 or 8-8, even with Wallace.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1360719412' post='1356086']
I still don't think the Browns are going anywhere. You never make progress when you pull the plug and start over every couple of years. They may steal a win from us or Pit or Cin, but I think they're going to have to win a LOT of games outside the division just to have a chance at 7-9 or 8-8, even with Wallace.
[/quote]
The thing is the Browns have a lot of potential in this draft. Weeden when he has time throw is actually a fairly decent qb (as seen in college and some games this season). If they use that 6th pick to establish a pass rush and manage to get that o-line set, this team could be dangerous and at least on the level of the Bengals in terms of threat.

I keep trying to go to Browns' forums to see if there is any "inside" theories on what the Browns will do. But I can't stay there long enough because of things like this:

"I do NOT root for them [Ravens] any more than I would the Bengals and Steelers. They are the Browns rivals. In my view they are only put on this earth to eat the Browns dust and to feel the Browns boot heel in their necks. As far as I am concerned, when they and the Steelers and the Bengals play any other team in any other division I root for the other team. When they play each other, I root for the meat wagon."

I start laughing and lose my focus. When exactly was the last time anyone ate Browns' dust? I mean, since the 90's started they've been over .500, what, 3 times? Wonder where they get their bravado?

A lot of fans get mouthier if theyre drammatically losing. They feel a need to boost their egos by trash talking the people stomping them into the ground.

I don't get why people dislike Weeden so much...He was only a rookie last year(who is older then Joe & Rodgers LOL).... Cam,RG3,Luck & Wilson set the bar too high...I don't think he was that bad.

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1360765963' post='1356544']
A lot of fans get mouthier if theyre drammatically losing. They feel a need to boost their egos by trash talking the people stomping them into the ground.
[/quote]
I can't stand Browns fans. They're so pathetic, constantly talking crap....Seeing LeBron James win it last year, and the way he's been playing this past week, makes me smile because I know how mad those Art Modell/Ray Lewis haters are mad.