44 replies to this topic

#1 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Let's discuss their potential to come back to being a relevant football team. LOL no seriously. They are being tied to Mike Wallace who ironically is a perfect fit for Norv Turner's vertical scheme. Seriously, Cleveland is beginning to amass some serious firepower and talent and given their cap situation, this is only the beginning.

#2 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I can definitely see it happening . I don't see weeden as a franchise qb but there are options available . They are quietly collecting young talent and I bet we see that team improving over the next few years. I did laugh when i read your post it does seem odd to say browns and talent in the same sentence .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#3 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,756 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I can definitely see it happening . I don't see weeden as a franchise qb but there are options available . They are quietly collecting young talent and I bet we see that team improving over the next few years. I did laugh when i read your post it does seem odd to say browns and talent in the same sentence .

Cleveland has talent. The biggest things holding back, as has been the case seemingly forever, is consistent QB play.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#4 Clutch Ravens

Clutch Ravens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Cleveland has talent. The biggest things holding back, as has been the case seemingly forever, is consistent QB play.

To think that all they would've had to do is trade their 2 first round picks from last year (Richardson & Weeden) & first from this year and they'd have had RGIII.

Thankfully they still suck at making the big decisions.
2013 BR.com Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals
#7 Overall - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
#38 Overall - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
#94 Overall - Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
#113 Overall - E.J. Manuel, QB, FSU
#144 Overall - Joseph Randle, RB, OSU
#178 Overall - Jordan Mills, OT/G, Louisiana Tech
#218 Overall - Greg Reid, CB, FSU
#224 Overall - Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

#5 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

To think that all they would've had to do is trade their 2 first round picks from last year (Richardson & Weeden) & first from this year and they'd have had RGIII.

That's why everytime they look at Ozzie, they are pissed at Art.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,888 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

We say this about the Browns every year! They have to show me something...
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,016 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

They're switching to a 3-4, correct? How is that gonna work? Not sure if Sheard can be an OLB. He'd probaby be the Jack.

I think their defense is coming along. They got a lot of cap room as well.

I actually think they're offense could be good if they get a #1 reciever. Not sure if that would be Wallace or not, but if I was CLE I would try to get one of the top FA WR's this year. Weedens an old rookie, but I don't think he's that bad. If anything I think he could be a good game manager. Trent Richardsons a beast, they could be the AFC Vikings, just straight ground & pound... They still have Joe Thomas and Mack looks good. I would go defense in the first, and then TE in the 2nd or 3rd....I could actually see Dion Simms in a browns uni.

Jarvis Jones or Milliner in the 1st I think would be good fits.

They're definitely up & coming. They still have a ton of holes to fill, but if they nail this next draft I think they could be a surprise team next year....they still need a WR,TE,G, CB2, FS, MLB, OLB & DE. lol

Edited by Ravens<3, 12 February 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#8 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

that post should have read "the browns and success" . but i agree they get a good franchise qb and they will be a force in coming years

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#9 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Eh, it's a curse really. Go peruse their boards for about 5 minutes and see the bitterness and hate directed at Art & Baltimore. Karma is kicking them in the butt and they deserve it. It is one thing to not forgive the man for moving the team. It is another to actively work at keeping him out of the HoF when the NFL would not exist as it does today without Art. It is one thing to believe Baltimore stole their team, and another to believe you are entitled to our Super Bowl victories of 2001 and 2013 because of what happened in 1995.

Yep. Karma can be a cold hearted beast.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#10 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

We say this about the Browns every year! They have to show me something...

this. remember back when the Eagles were "paper" champions, and had a roster that was "stacked" with prime time players? but yet they failed miserably to produce like everyone thought they would? on paper it looks like the Browns are a force, they've always have played us hard and close through the years, the browns were much better than what their record showed, so maybe this season..could be the season.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,888 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

this. remember back when the Eagles were "paper" champions, and had a roster that was "stacked" with prime time players? but yet they failed miserably to produce like everyone thought they would? on paper it looks like the Browns are a force, they've always have played us hard and close through the years, the browns were much better than what their record showed, so maybe this season..could be the season.

Yes, the Browns gave us trouble especially last year so I will never underestimate them. But their seasons always seem hopeful only to fade away.

I believe it was this year, at Cleveland, that they were running the ball on us very effectively in the beginning of the game. But, when they got into short yardage situations, they would pass the ball (for incompletions and then punts). My dad could not understand why they were not running on us and why the Browns playcaller was so thick. I told him 'if they would do the smart thing, they wouldn't be the Browns'

Poor coaching, talent, or free agents always seem to come back to bite them.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#12 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

They still need a QB but I really like what they have core wise. However I think they need another WR to play opposite Gordon. Little has the talent but doesn't have the hands.

#13 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

That's why everytime they look at Ozzie, they are pissed at Art.....

Yeah honestly they hate us for having Ozzie and this great FO which isn't really fair to the organization.

Edited by Cville-Raven, 12 February 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,058 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Until Cle gets a legit NFL QB they will continue to flounder.

Blitz every down! It's the only way to win!

#15 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Until Cle gets a legit NFL QB they will continue to flounder.

And then they might get over losing a team.

#16 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yes, the Browns gave us trouble especially last year so I will never underestimate them. But their seasons always seem hopeful only to fade away.

I believe it was this year, at Cleveland, that they were running the ball on us very effectively in the beginning of the game. But, when they got into short yardage situations, they would pass the ball (for incompletions and then punts). My dad could not understand why they were not running on us and why the Browns playcaller was so thick. I told him 'if they would do the smart thing, they wouldn't be the Browns'

Poor coaching, talent, or free agents always seem to come back to bite them.

I agree, their record last season did not show the true progression the team made, given the proper coaching staff and execution, the Browns can be very very effective. which is why I referred to the one year Eagles signed all these big name FA's and on paper LOOKED like a championship team (hence paper champions) but poor execution cost them dearly. just like the browns. now the browns didn't have BIG name free agents but the point im making is . they have a good enough team, the talent is there, they just need to Execute. that's been their downfall.

Edited by Raven07, 12 February 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I agree, their record last season did not show the true progression the team made, given the proper coaching staff and execution, the Browns can be very very effective. which is why I referred to the one year Eagles signed all these big name FA's and on paper LOOKED like a championship team (hence paper champions) but poor execution cost them dearly. just like the browns. now the browns didn't have BIG name free agents but the point im making is . they have a good enough team, the talent is there, they just need to Execute. that's been their downfall.

we looked worse on paper last year; essentially, worse...lol
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yeah honestly they hate us for having Ozzie and this great FO which isn't really fair to the organization.

dude, we lost Baltimore Colts....not fair to us too....God is there to balance with karma.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#19 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Tbh I think they made out better. Weeden was just a bad pick, but i would have waited for qb and just amassed a crap load of talent knowing id be picking at the top.

#20 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

we looked worse on paper last year; essentially, worse...lol

lol BUT we had the proper coaches and we executed properly, when you don't have the right coaches and failure to execute...... your not going to do well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users