Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 2/12: Could The Ravens Lose Joe Flacco?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,801 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Suggs to get second opinion on arm. Kiper expects Ravens to target ILB. Leach hopes to avoid surgery.

View the full article

#2 c''mon man

c''mon man

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I hope Flacco is a team player. i just hope he is not the type of player that will leave the team in debt to build around him to go at another Superbowl. you deserve to get pay Flacco, just dont take the team for every cent.

#3 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Lets just get Flacco's deal done that is gonna be fair to both sides. That way we don't have to play the "what if" game.

#4 slim36

slim36

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Flacco should be asking , how much.does boldin need & then sign !

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

None of this is new to us. Anyone who watched our press conference know what the variables are. Ozzie's stated that priority 1 is getting a fair deal with Flacco. If that "fair deal" isn't attainable before the deadline, then so be it - they are not going to sign a deal they believe is bad for the team just to get in before the deadline.

If we fail to reach a deal, Ozzie's comments seemed to suggest that he felt if we used the tag non-exclusive tag, someone would come get him. Therefore, I have to think that we'll use the exclusive tag and suffer the consequences as it relates to the rest of the roster. I think the specter of the Browns or some other cap rich/QB poor team swooping in is almost zero.

So - this really comes down to whether the notion of "fair" for both sides of this negotiation is close or not. If it is close, I am hoping that Joe steps in and says ... "good enough, let's get this done so the team can go about its business of securing the players that surround me".

Edited by balfan23, 12 February 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#6 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

biggest difference between flacco and matt ryan is flacco has a lot more playoff wins and oh yeah, a superbowl ring baby!!.

#7 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

OMG if the Browns acquired both Wallace and Flac that would be bad news! We definitely need Flac more than ever!

#8 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

The answer is NO !
Flacco will get he's deal.
Boldin does not need anything, he still has a year on his contract, He's not going anywhere.

#9 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

The only person drooling at the prospect of $35 million from Cleveland is Joe Linta. Flacco has to realize he's better off with a contender, which the Ravens are. He said himself he wanted to be a Raven for life.

#10 jowend

jowend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Anyone who thinks Flacco is going somewhere else is a complete idiot. Ossie doesn't make stupid moves like that.

#11 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I do NOT see Flacco in any brown and orange uniforms. EVER.

#12 Barney S

Barney S

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

We can't afford to lose our defense. We need Joe on offense to win. Joe needs a solid defense behind him to win. The balance is essential to win the championship.

#13 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

just pay the man what he deserves! and give him garunteed money i think that is what Joe Is looking for i think

#14 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

If I was Joe I would ask how much money will it take to keep the key players andupgrade a few positions. Then sign and repeat.

#15 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

back loaded contract in years 3-5 will help this team because the salary cap is increasing and suggs and ngata will either retire or be released in another 3 years which will free up a ton of $$. a back loaded contract will also allow us to retain kruger and ellerbe

#16 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Flacco isnt going anywhere, if the FO offered him a Top 5 contract last year you better believe they're offering more now. Plus Flacco seems like a guy who is happy where he is, and would probably take less to be with a winner in B more rather than a loser in Cleveland.

#17 #1Ravens/Anti-Steelers Fan

#1Ravens/Anti-Steelers Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

If Flacco leaves I will be devestated. I don't see it happening, but there's always that possibility.

#18 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

The media is just reaching for stories about us now.First Boldin,then Leach and now this....

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 12 February 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#19 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Wish and hope all you want Peter King, Flacco wants to be in Baltimore, Baltimore wants Flacco, he is not going anywhere.

People are drawn to the Ravens because they see "down to earth" guys facing struggles that we all can relate to. They meet these challanges head on time after time, even if they fall short, they never quit. In a crazy world facing daunting obsticles, this example inspires us. It helps us teach such lessons to our children who can use this to succeed. Is the Ravens the new "America's team"? No, They are the "Peoples Champions".

Thank you for being who you are, never change.

GO RAVENS!

Edited by ravenwildman, 12 February 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Joe is never leaving Baltimore even if we pay him $20 million a year from here on out! We could have signed him before the season began and saved a million or two. I say that we should do the deal sooner rather than wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users