15 replies to this topic

#1 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I have no clue how I missed this, but the Bengals are more than $55million under the cap? From what I've seen so far, this upcoming draft class isn't exactly overwhelming. So the question I guess is, who do they bring in with all that cap space to try to take the AFC North? Thoughts?

Delays.jpg

#2 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

They use the money to resign their own amd bring im depth. Would be interesting if the brought in another wr like Bowe or Wallace. They are a very dangerous team due to their cap and how they've been drafting. All it takes is a a bad off season from our FO and the Bengals can be on top of the division. I thought their cap room was common knowledge. The Browns have about 45 million in space. This will be a very competitive division soon.

#3 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think the Steelers will soon be right at the bottom with the Browns on a consistent basis. They are in an even worse cap situation than we are, and they have an olddd defense with very little, if any, good replacements behind them. I get so tired of hearing that our D is old, when they overlook the Steelers truly old defense. Heck, Rapistburger may not even play another 5 years with how he's been getting consistently hit and injured.
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#4 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

part of why their cap is so low is because they have a butt load of free agents they need to resign, and some are due for a big pay day.

#5 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Guys like Chris Crocker, Robert Geathers, 3 of their corners, their former first round pick Andre Smith, their entire linebacking corps it seems like, etc. are all UFAs. Once most of those guys are signed their remaining cap space will no doubt be much lower.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Their owner is cheap, cheap, cheap. They'll always have a lot of cap space.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think the Steelers will soon be right at the bottom with the Browns on a consistent basis. They are in an even worse cap situation than we are, and they have an olddd defense with very little, if any, good replacements behind them. I get so tired of hearing that our D is old, when they overlook the Steelers truly old defense. Heck, Rapistburger may not even play another 5 years with how he's been getting consistently hit and injured.

Looks like the Bengals will be our new nemesis! :P

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#8 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

i wish we had that much cap space . the bengals are assembling a good team . i never count the steelers out though. the browns get settled down this divison is going to be tougher then what it is . Imagine either of them going after flynn or smith .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#9 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I have no clue how I missed this, but the Bengals are more than $55million under the cap? From what I've seen so far, this upcoming draft class isn't exactly overwhelming. So the question I guess is, who do they bring in with all that cap space to try to take the AFC North? Thoughts?

They are going to resign a majority of their own guys with that cap. Michael Johnson is an FA, Geno Atkins has one more year left, I expect AJ Green will get a massive extension. Dalton is also a possibility. They wont make too big a splash signing new FA. Im guessing they bring in a runningback like Bush and maybe a wide receiver like Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings to pair with Greene.

#10 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

This team could be the AFC North Champ this coming year if they spend some money and reload.

#11 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Their owner is cheap, cheap, cheap. They'll always have a lot of cap space.

He might have some problems with the new mandated spending, but you're right. This is the man who doesn't have an indoor practice facility for his team.

#12 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

I feel a little better after doing a bit of looking at the Bengals. As others said, they're not free and clear with all that money. They have a bunch of free agents they have to deal with like Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Rey Maualuga, Robert Geathers and something like 10 or 12 more. And that's before they even address getting in some WR help for Dalton who isn't exactly the most elusive QB in the NFL. Add to that a need for another RB.

If they do it right, they could be extremely dangerous, but if they try to go cheap they could find themselves taking steps backwards. This is their chance though, no doubt. With both the Ravens and Steelers having to deal with cap issues (the Steelers ridiculously so) and the Browns ... well, the Browns being the Browns, 2013 may be their best shot at dominance.

Delays.jpg

#13 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yea the Bengals are always saving money every offseason BUT now this season teams must spend 89% of their cap so Cincy will likely be in for a big offseason. Apparently they are going after Paul Kruger, Cary Williams, and Denelle Ellerbe as we speak. Also they could grab a multitude of solid free agents maybe Reggie Bush to compliment BJGE. This is their "so called" year to reign supreme over the AFC North, even with a bunch of great pickups this offseason I still see them only contending with us for the top spot.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I don't believe that the Bengals will ever remain dominant under Head Coach Marvin Lewis.

#15 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,333 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

I don't believe that the Bengals will ever remain dominant under Head Coach Marvin Lewis.

this

#16 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

They're gonna need that money to pay AJ Green, Geno Atkins, and Dalton.

2yno6dx.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users