Ravens at Steelers      Game Rewind      Pro Bowl Voting   

Photo

Eagles restructure Vick's contract..will keep him.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Lol This has got to be a joke. Exactly why the Eagles will never win a SB. Vick is a turnover machine and can't stay healthy for more than a few games.

They need a complete rebuild there from the ground up. They have talent outside the numbers, but their Oline,QB,Dline,LBs and safties are all marginal.

I read through their boards and they have a huge discussion on how Flacco isn' elite until he wins another SB I had to lol since the only QB they've had thats even in Flaccos league is Mcnabb..id take Flacco any day of the week.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#2 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Vick works for Kelly's offense, but only if he has a good line. Kelly wants a mobile QB and unless he gets Geno Smith to fall to him, Vick is the best he has. Eagles are a work in progress and will be for some time

1005856_10201063947747543_1065445185_n.j

#3 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

With a good O-line, Vick could have been a monster. I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't give him one. If he's your franchise, protect him like he is. Every Eagles game I see, Vick is running for his life. You'd think after the game where he was playing with cracked ribs and his line still couldn't muster it up to protect him they'd have fixed that problem. Vick is fumbling because he is always on the move to stop from being killed and he keeps trying to do to much with the football once he takes off instead of getting a few yards and sliding. Unless they fix their OL, dude is going to come away from this game crippled.

OzzieTrust.jpg

#4 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,616 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Contract breakdown:

$3.5M signing bonus, paid by April 15
$3.5M salary
500k roster bonus
500k 50% playtime
$1M 90% playtime
$1M SB win

https://twitter.com/...149378616381440

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#5 IH EART DA RAVENS

IH EART DA RAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

With a good O-line, Vick could have been a monster. I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't give him one.

Because Philadelphia Eagles.

#6 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,197 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Contract breakdown:

$3.5M signing bonus, paid by April 15
$3.5M salary
500k roster bonus
500k 50% playtime
$1M 90% playtime
$1M SB win

https://twitter.com/...149378616381440

So, $9M if it wins it all if he starts more than 90% of all games. Not bad.

Good move for both parties.

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

:empty trophy case:
Banned

#8 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I just find it funny that Philadelphia manages to create a problem-within-a-problem, all-the-time...

Quoted for truth.

I feel bad for that franchise. When we were still waiting to get the NFL back, I was a Bears fans (right up until they won SB XX and after that it was a ridiculous circus ... had been a circus before then, but it was fun) and then ~'86 I became a huge Eagles fans. Randall Cunningham just blew me away.

Sad to see they still can't pull it together. The way they are going about it, that team is -never- going to win a SB.

OzzieTrust.jpg

#9 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Wonder how many games he will play this season? Should be exciting to see how Foles develops, anyway.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#10 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

What if Michael Vick has another career-defining season, next year? You know, what if Vick, behind an improved offensive line and new offense, has a season like he did in 2010? What do the Eagles do, next off-season, when Vick is a free agent?

I just find it funny that Philadelphia manages to create a problem-within-a-problem, all-the-time...

They are the new Washington Redskins of the NFC East.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#11 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Wonder how many games he will play this season? Should be exciting to see how Foles develops, anyway.

I like Foles. Honestly I'd send Vick packing. Go with Foles next year, and see what happens. Then you can draft a lot differently, get stronger on the Oline and Dline..more depth and have some money to hit FA. Then if Foles doesn't work out and they are picking high again next year, you at least have a solid team around the QB of the future that you're going to draft.

I just don't like Vick though. Nothing to do with the mistakes he made off the field..he did his time and it's over. But I just don't see a good quarterback when I look at him. He's always going to have the first instinct to pull the ball down and run and as long as he does that he's going to get hurt, and turn the ball over way too much,

#12 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,750 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Chip Kelly has already doomed himself.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#13 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

You know, the more I look back at it, the 2008-09 Philadelphia Eagles were the team that actually started this "disaster"; basically, it was that year where everything started to go wrong for the franchise.

If you don't remember, that was the season when the Eagles ended a game in a tie against the Bengals, benched Donovan McNabb, as a result, made Kevin Kolb the starting QB, only to get pick-6'd by Ed Reed (for 108 yards, no less), and then, made McNabb the starter, again, and managed to make it all-the-way to the NFC Championship Game. Yeah, the Eagles had a drama-filled year (similar to the Ravens, this season); but, ultimately, they fell short to the Cardinals in that game.

Essentially, the organization was given false hope making it that far, even though they lost. To turnaround a season, like that, should have ended only in one way: By hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. Instead, Andy Reid managed to remain the head coach for another 4 years, the front office made a lot of bad moves, an offensive line coach was named the defensive coordinator and, yeah; you get the point.

Damn; it's crazy to think of how much talent those early-to-late 2000s Eagles team had. If Philly won the Super Bowl against the Steelers, back then, it would have been the exclamation point to a consistent-and-successful decade. But, instead, they are now in a delusional state.

It makes you appreciate this Ravens Super Bowl title even more, when you think about it. Just imagine how depressing it would have been to send-off Ray Lewis with a loss, lose Ed Reed (without ever earning a ring with Baltimore) and entering a new era with so much uncertainty...

Man, even it's just a thought of it; it scares the hell out of me.......

PS: Ozzie finally got his formula right this time, and with this SB win, he will build it off with more success and SB wins.....

Edited by AsianRice, 12 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I dont mind this move. Vick still has talent. He had taken a lot of blame for the Eagles failures, but in reality the number of injuries they had last year to their OL would doom any team.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users