Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Key Offseason Dates

31 posts in this topic

The offseason is upon the Ravens, and here are some of the dates to know.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Key-Offseason-Dates/a91f50f4-4f50-4a0c-953e-531c21c9ddbe]View the full article[/url]

Can't wait for the draft the Ravens are gonna have some real good options at the end maybe Teo Jesse Williams Arthur Brown Taavon Austin it's gonna be fun watching Oz this offseason

Wow! Life at the top is what we wanted, but it is so bittersweet. Everything I read says re-signing Flacco is going to break up the team. Websites that are saying we'll release Boldin and Leach have me scratching my head????? These guys showed during the playoff run they are at the top of their games???

Knowing Ozzie he will trade out of the 1st round to try and acquire additional draft picks. Hopefully a time is willing to trade.

I know Manti Teo is weird but he can play. The Ravens have been known for taking in players with off the field issues and turning them into stars. Watch for Teo at pick #32

This is gonna be a boring draft......no stars...but Ozzie will probably make a brilliant pick late 3rd round...like he always does.

The truth of the matter is we probably won't get Te'o. He will probably go early in the 1st round by many teams looking to update their defenses. We will be lucky to get that linebacker from LSU who is also good but... Yes there isn't many stars in this draft but a lot of the times it's the quiet guys that don't get much recognition that become the hall of famers later in their career. We will get good picks do not worry and Ozzie will trade picks and maybe players around that will get us a solid roster. Maybe not Super Bowl powered this season but enough for the play offs. Who knows he can amaze me.

[quote name='Sean Ryan' timestamp='1360616920' post='1354753']
Knowing Ozzie he will trade out of the 1st round to try and acquire additional draft picks. Hopefully a time is willing to trade.
[/quote]

With 11 picks this year and being at the bottom of the 1st, I could actually see him trading up in the 1st to try and find a stud.

There are plenty of studs thru-out the draft. Heck, there are plenty of studs that go undrafted. Ozzie and the boys seem to always find them. I'm excited about the draft just to see who we get.

[quote name='18stanjo' timestamp='1360617187' post='1354756']
I know Manti Teo is weird but he can play. The Ravens have been known for taking in players with off the field issues and turning them into stars. Watch for Teo at pick #32
[/quote]

Haha, no chance of that. He'll be long, long gone by then.

bio

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1360616385' post='1354740']
i bet we play the patriots 1st game of the season.
[/quote]

Makes perfect sense. That's my guess, too.

bio

[color=#ff0000]Mod Note:
[i]To those of you who love to talk draft strategy, player retention and salary cap issues: please visit our comprehensive draft forum [/color][url="http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/forum/46-2013-nfl-draft/"][color=#0000ff][u]http://boards.baltim...2013-nfl-draft/[/u][/color][/url]
[color=#ff0000]Thank you.[/color][/i]

Steelers Pats or Broncos .. That who i want first game of the season we always seem to play our best ball of the year week 1 Nd our worst week 2 lol

We will lose Kruger for sure here is know way the ravens want to pay him what Indy will offer him the man has a family to take care of who cares if he loves to play here hes young so he will go where the money call him. Leach is out as well as Cary Williams and im sorry for this and Boldin. Tandon Doss was drafted to take his spot anyway its time for him to step up. With Ray gone Ellerbe is a must as well as Pitta. Mckinnie is out as well some crazy team will give him a contract that he doest deserve. And the hardest of them all to predict is Ed Reed I see him taking a bigger contract somewhere else that ozzie cant match just because its so hard to find a great safety as smart as Reed is. BUt ravens fans dont worry we will be fine we have players who can step in these positions and become great. DONT THEY ALL WAYS!!!!! Go Ravens

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1360622475' post='1354834']
Haha, no chance of that. He'll be long, long gone by then.

bio
[/quote]Look at nfl.com mock draft has him at #47.

I think they can work out a contract with Flacco. Winning the Super Bowl MVP , the Ravens wouldn't let Joe walk. And with the draft the Ravens need to get players to replace Ray Lewis and possibly Ed Reed.

They will Put The Real Tag on Flacco, He loves the ravens, and he will stay here in Bmore, Cary will go searching for that big money contract now that he did the superbowl, I want kruger to stay, But Pagano is looking for him and Kruger loves Bmore but Doubts they will pay him, Reed will take the ride in the Defense, Mckinnie Probably will leave, Cause Ozzie said they have a lot of O-line in Depth that can step up, And Boldin... is this simple Keep playing with us, i know that u may retire as a raven and im so proud of you! but you still got something to play for!

I can see it now let cary go give boldin a 3 year extension offer ed somethin ask flacco to take a paycut for the team (back loaded contract) re-sign ellerbee he must be retained offer kruger what's left of the cap give jacoby jones an extension as well bam under the cap by like 500k if there back loaded contracts I did ur job for you ozzie oh and offer mckinnie a 1 year deal cut birk as well draft a LT if one falls to us if not safety or ilb and if none of those fall or are off the board trade down and get a few picks to add depth oh and use the picks on eric reid of lsu d.j fluker of bama as an OT or even barret jones in case gino is backup material maybe zack ertz since pitta is 28 and dickson can't catch a socer ball some order of these four would be a good idea well two since only two would be available

Keep Boltin and Joe. We will have Tory, Pita, Rice, Doss etc.

We need Ed he is a Raven letting him go would be a big mistake.

"O" line, "D" line how you win...

They will not Tag Flacco, they will cut a long term deal, the tag would cut into this years cap unlike a long term deal, there not stupid, they will reach a deal. Reed will probably stay, listening to him talk sounds like he is willing to negotiate to stay. Boldin is not on the table, not in any scinario.
I think that Leach and Birk will be the only offencive casualties. I think most of the changes will come on the Defencive side. Williams had some great interceptions this year but also gave up more passing yards than any cb, with Webb coming back and Graham looking good I don't see that deal. Cody and McClain may be casualties but they will sign Ellerbe. Kruger is very iffy, but it would be a mistake to let him go . Ozzie made it clear that Defence was there main concentration this off season so I would not be surprised at other changes . If we can get our D back to a top ten, then I think we can beat anybody in the league.

One thing I do know for sure, even if we lose most of our free agents, we will not turn into the Jaguars or the Chiefs. Ozzie will see to that!

I hate the new format for the draft. I used to do an all day party Friday and sat now it just sucks and I don't watch it.