124 replies to this topic

#121 poescrows

poescrows

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Sign Flacco ASAP. Boldin said he'd retire rather than play elsewhere, so get him on the cheap for 2 years. Leach is great but getting near the end so do a 2 year deal for a good price or let him walk. Get Reed on a 2 or 3 year deal at a good price with a guarantee of a job after retirement, which seems to interest him. Release both Williams', Birk, Ayen Ray's retirement should free up enough cash to retain Kruger.

#122 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,983 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

I really think that we need to get Joe inked for a long term deal. After that, we can see how the chips fall.

#123 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

I really think that we need to get Joe inked for a long term deal. After that, we can see how the chips fall.

The QB is obviously the #1 priority. However, Flacco must be willing to accept a reasonable deal. BAL can't afford to give him a Peyton Manning-esque deal. The Ravens a small-maret, with a correspondingly small budget.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#124 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,983 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Let's go with $18 million a year as a starting point for the negotiations. If it gets to 20 then we will surely lose a few key players to afford the contract. The worst case is to slap an exclusive franchise tag on Joe and take the cap hit this year.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#125 fatboybaldwin

fatboybaldwin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

And I would really like to see Cary Williams return. That dude overcame a lot of criticism when he improved his gameplay. And let me state that playing cornerback is no easy task let alone in the NFL. You have to be quick, smart, and tough.

As for Kruger and Ellerbe, it's kind of complex. If we could only keep one I would say Kruger because he is more of a brute linebacker, but I would also like Ellerbe for his speed. But at the same time there are players coming out of the draft who are on that same level and higher so we'll see what happens.

I don't see cary comming back, I think we would get ellerbe back before cary. Although you probably drive lowriders and players that look better than what they are. Cary played okay for us, and he dealt with a lot of criticism, but there will be someone out there to pay him 10 mil a year. Money we don't have and a little more than he is worth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users