Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/11: 'Seismic Changes' Could Be Coming To Offset Salary Cap Crunch

139 posts in this topic

Kruger wants to stay in Baltimore. Ravens repeat? 'Why not?' Williams not fined for pushing ref.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-211-Seismic-Changes-Could-Be-Coming-To-Offset-Salary-Cap-Crunch/b19b0f73-8e82-45f8-a8b5-7e91e0815024]View the full article[/url]

We've got our work cut out for us, teams that go to the Super Bowl usually don't go back the next year.

I think it's a testament to FO, coaches, and players that you have so many players speaking out about how they want to stay in B-More. Obviously, we would love to keep the team in tact entirely, but we know that won't happen. I just think there's something special about this team that makes these guys want to stay.

Cut Cary Williams first then trade Dixon for some draft picks. =) That's one way I'd start.

If we're going to renegotiate even one veteran, it HAS to be Boldin. I want Flacco to have some decent continuity with his receivers and Boldin is absolutely vital for that. Other than that, let Ozzie work his magic

leach will most likely get cut which will lead us to draft a TE/FB player save some cap space. Additionaly Ed Reed is gone for sure cause i believe the FO knows that he has been contemplating retirement for years now and i believe he didnt retire last year because of Ray Lewis. Thirdly boldin will get restructured, kruger and Ellerbe will get resigned.
Jacoby Jones hit it on the nail receivers they dont know about; tommy streeter, Deonte Thompson, Tandon Doss, Laquan Williams these are guys that barely got on the field. We must not forget of a ray rice clone bobby rainey. We are stacked on offense. Birk will retire, Might resign McKinne, but we need to draft a LT cause Oher must stay at RT he is solid there
My .02 Cents

I agree with @Elixxur we will will trade dixon to Philidelphia cause they want him and he plays the offense and went to Oregon with there new head coach

Prepare for a down year next year. But at least we won the Super Bowl. Hate to see Boldin go but 7 million in Cap is alot. He was such a beast and we would not have won the Super Bowl without his vise grip hands!

I don't think Birk is going to retire, he said he wants to milk this out. Whatever the hell that means, but imo he should retire. We need the cap space :P lol As long as we have Graham, Smith and Webb we should be fine. It'd be nice if Reed stayed he's my second fav player after uncle ray ray.

Tough offseason. A lot has to change and will change. But the players who will leave will always remain in our heart. This has been the most wonderful season and none of these players will be ever forgotten by us.
As for Kruger, a lot will depend on the Flacco deal, but also on what the coaches see in McAdoo, Hamilton, Carr, and what we expect to come our way in the draft.

I am preparing early for us to have a let down year. I don't want it to happen, and it may turn out to be another great season, but it is notoriously difficult to repeat as Super Bowl champs, and I think we face all of the typical challenges, and perhaps even more, that the past Super Bowl winners who struggled the following year had faced after their magic seasons ended. Cap hell, retiring players, free agents, plus we have to resign our QB to a much more expensive contract that will top the scales of NFL history... It will be very tough. 6 straight years of success is very, very difficult to do as well.

Other than the 2002-2010 Colts, the last team to make the playoffs six straight seasons was 1993-1998 Packers. Not even the Brady era Patriots have gone six straight seasons.

And you know, Flacco has won a playoff game in each of the past 5 seasons.... Do you know how many quarterbacks have ever won a playoff game in 6 straight seasons? Zero. NONE. If we win a playoff game next year with Flacco it will be new NFL history, he will be the first player ever to do that.

We have a great future ahead of us. We will be going into the season with another tough schedule. I really want us to beat the Steelers twice, too. Next January, we will be right back in the hunt.

I believe there will be "seismic changes" this off season but i believe it will be mostly the FO not resigning older players. With Lewis(37) and probably Birk(36) retiring plus not resigning Kemo(34), Chris Johnson(33), S Considine(30), B Bajema(30), R Brown(29), and J Ihedigbo(29). Also cut Bobbie Williams(36). By doing this alone we are starting a youth movement. Also we probably wont be able to afford kruger and C williams so we wont resign them. Thats 11 players which is about a 1/5 of the roster gone but each one of these players either were not starters or we have someone waiting in the wings.
Birk=Gino Cary=Jimmy Kruger=Upshaw Ray L= Ellerbe(if we can resign him)

@kandoll I agree with you, however, by all means we should try and re-sign Kruger. If we get a healthy Suggs on the other side of the line, then in any passing situation, Kruger is going to be 1-on-1 with a team's RT. He could have a HUGE year, and while Upshaw is money in Run D, Kruger on passing downs is lethal

Nothing "seismic" will happen. Kruger will be lost to free agency, he wasn't a force on the team until this year and is at best a middle of the road pass rusher, very replaceable. Cary Williams is gone and that is a good thing for our defense. Ellerbe will probably be signed because it won't be too expensive to do so. Reed is gone unless he takes a huge pay cut, which he likely won't, so I guess that is big but not unexpected. Flacco will be signed or franchised. Some vets will be restructured and extended, most likely Suggs and Boldin. That's about it, the only people I could see them cutting outright are Jacoby Jones, very unlikely with the year he just had, and McClain, not sure how much that would help the cap. There are no world shifting changes coming to Baltimore. Its going to be a lot like the year we dropped Gregg, Heap, and Mason and were improved because of it.

@Tristan S. I agree with you 100% but i heard kruger wants 8-10 million a year. We can't afford that with our current cap situation so i see Kruger walking in free agency. I see us drafting someone who could push upshaw in training camp and come in to be a situational pass rusher when needed.

Does anyone really know where we stand on the salary cap?
i heard we are over the cap but then i heard we are 9.5 under and saw we were 12.5 under on another site.

Hope it works out that way kandoll. Obviously keeping Kruger would be nice but it seems basically impossible. Let's hope Boldin and Jacoby are still on the team too!

I like our young guys we may lose some pieces but reality its time for them to go we have to get yonger some teams like the steelers and patriots r getting younger and its our time i like adrian hamilton as a pass rusher mcadoo should b back hes pretty good we got nigel carr asa jackson, tommy streetrer the young guys we drafted and thru free agency i belive will step up i love our young guys and expect big things...keep playing like a raven going.

A think there are two perfect ways of timing major changes: after a disastrous season and after a triumphant one. The Colts showed how you make major changes after a disastrous season (and the Jets keep showing how you don't) - I guess we have the perfect opportunity of showing how you make the major changes you can't avoid, after a triumphant one. Not as if a winning team needed any major changes of course - but the cap will force Ozzie and Co. to make quite some bold decisions.

The boldest one will, of course, be letting Reed go. As charismatic and key figure as he's been, FL contract offers aren't based on the past, but on the projected future. And Reed's performance has been going down. He still has the moves, the resiliency - and of course the unparalleled football knowledge in his head - but I'm afraid it was the last season he could really be prolific. He'll want way more than we'll be able to afford.

I think Cary Williams is virtually gone and so is Kruger - we won't have the money to keep him in Baltimore. And, from the boldin-Leach tandem - if we have to release one - it will IMHO be Boldin. You replace a good WR sooner than a good full back - and while Boldin is one of the very good WR's Leach is The Best Fullback out there.

My bold prediction is about Ed Dickson, who's a restricted free agent (with Pitta). While Pitta is here to stay, Dickson IMHO failed to show that he's a must-keeep. So, he either accepts a fairly low money deal, or if not, I predict he'll be let go too.

McKinnie... I think he'll be one of the bold moves. He's a free agent, and thoguh he showed that he is the solution, he won't be retained. I guess the FO realizes that this is the perfect time to go younger.

And, of course, there's Birk who I still think will retire. I mean the guy's Harvard smart, he knows there's no best time to retire than with the ring on his hand...

So, the players I think we won't see back are Reed, Cary Williams, Kruger, McKinnie, Ed Dickson, Birk and Igiv a 50% chance to Boldin.

All of them cap casualties, of course - before you go on negating this comment, please realize I'm not saying these players deserve to be cut or let walk - thy will all be casualties.

bio

Nothing against Kruger, because I really like the guy. But as some others have pointed out, his sacks went up when Suggs was in the lineup. It's not that he's not good, because he is. And he's definitely improved. However, if his stats dictate his price tag, then he's got to go. Because he's simply not as effective when Suggs is not there. While Suggs was out, we were hoping for him to really step up and dominate. He did good, but not good enough for a huge pay raise.

ahm yeah no way in hell they drop jacoby jones... what are u crazy?.. he'll only be out of a job for like 2 seconds... we definitely need him on special teams...

The seismic change I would suggest is taking 2 first round picks for Joe and keeping his weapons - especially Q and Jones, Reed and the D, if Joe is not prepared to give the Raven's the CAP space they need to keep these guys. Think about all the money QBs that watched the playoffs and the number of ROOKIE QBs that played in them! Think about the number of FREE AGENT QBs that would line up to play for the Ravens! Joe's great but TEAMS win CHAMPIONSHIPS!

I am excited to see what changes are made in this offseason. The team will look different but thanks to Ozzie and Co. we are still going to be in the hunt again. I don't know if we'll repeat but Ray's last ride has been an amazing season and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

[quote name='ravens7575' timestamp='1360594386' post='1354303']
If we're going to renegotiate even one veteran, it HAS to be Boldin. I want Flacco to have some decent continuity with his receivers and Boldin is absolutely vital for that. Other than that, let Ozzie work his magic
[/quote] I completely agree. Boldin is the one piece to this puzzle that can't be missing...not yet, at least. We still need his leadership. Plus, I think he'd be willing to work with the Ravens. He is a TRUE team first guy, and he loves the Ravens.

LET'S DO THIS!!

1. It starts and ends with Flacco. I've read numerous articles (Peter King, ProFootballTalk, etc.) that suggest franchising Flacco at the non-exclusive level ($14 million) isn't really an option. There are reports that back as early as December, prior to the playoffs, that there were multiple teams willing to make a run at him. That means there were multiple teams (BUF, ARI, CLE were mentioned) that were willing to give 2 first round picks and a monster contract for him. And that was in December. Franchise Flacco... lost at least two more players. Get a long-term deal done... open up some possibilities.

2. Cary Williams is gone, and I think Kruger is also. I can't imagine us paying $8 million plus for a complementary pass rusher. I'll bet a large sum of money he goes to another team as a primary pass rusher, and performs mediocre at best.

3. I think the FO will do what they can to keep Ellerbe and Reed. Ellerbe I think will be kept for certain, and I think they find a way to convince Reed to stay at our price (don't ask me how).

4. I think Leach is released, or released and signed for significantly less. FBs are a dying breed in the NFL, and with Flacco running more no huddle and Caldwell liking to run more out of single back, I think he's certainly expendable. The good news is... I think the market for him will be small also, possibly leaning towards retaining him at a cheaper price.

5. I think Boldin stays under an extended contract that is favorable for 2013, but very unfavorable for future years.

6. I have no idea what will happen with McKinnie. Normal logic says he would go to the highest bidder, which won't be us. But I've also seen speculative reports that there are a significant number (at least 4-5) of LTs that will be available on the market this season who are better than McKinnie. If that's the case, I think we could potentially retain him at a bargain price, due to his past history of well being simply lazy.

7. I could care less what happens with Dickson. I think he's replaceable by a 3rd round draft pick easily.%2

Would hate to see Vonta Leach go, but let's face it, Ravens would go to run the ball while he's on the sideline. I never understood that. You pay him to block but then run the ball out of a single back formation. What made that all the more perplexing was the fact that he seemed to be a regular passing target for Joe.

Anyway, Re: Cary Williams, glad to see that the league is beginning to use common sense with their fines. Hopefully we see more of that on the "illegal" hits

Mr Football...

I have several problems with your statement.

1. Who QBs the Ravens in 2013? Or better yet, who QBs the Ravens in 2015? Under your scenario, I could only think of two possible names that would even be realistic options... Alex Smith and Matt Flynn. Ironically, both of them were essentially outplayed and replaced by rookie or 2nd year QBs with no experience and limited in the pocket skills.

Matt Flynn is a career backup, nothing more. Alex Smith is Joe Flacco, except without the ability to throw the ball accurately in tight windows, and the ability to throw the ball deep down the field.

There isn't a single QB in the 2013 draft class worthy of taking in my opinion. If this were last season, I'd understand your argument.

2. What is the point of keeping Boldin and Jones without Flacco? What will they accomplish? By the time we get another franchise QB, Boldin will be 5 years retired, and Jones isn't a very good receiver anyway. He drops passes, can't beat press coverage, and the only reason he's on this team is because he returns kicks well.

Jacoby Jones made two big offensive plays in this postseason, which is the only reason people care about him. And exactly how difficult were they for him to make? He caught two wide open passes. I don't care if he gets up and runs 5 yards for a TD. That was happening regardless.

bioLarzen is a good writer. Wish he were one of the regular bloggers for the Ravens. Of course, I say this because most of the time I agree with him. And this time too.

Anybody sees Webb moving to FS?
I think in the draft, if good value is available, we'll go first OT, and then most picks - if not all - will be on the D side of the ball.

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1360599294' post='1354377']
Would hate to see Vonta Leach go, but let's face it, Ravens would go to run the ball while he's on the sideline. I never understood that. You pay him to block but then run the ball out of a single back formation. What made that all the more perplexing was the fact that he seemed to be a regular passing target for Joe.

Anyway, Re: Cary Williams, glad to see that the league is beginning to use common sense with their fines. Hopefully we see more of that on the "illegal" hits
[/quote]

It's all about giving the defense different looks and being unpredictable. Do you think it would be smart to let defenses know that, every time Leach is on the sidelines, that the Ravens are throwing? Or, that a run play is coming every time Leach is in?

Dumbo of Rome...

I can see a move to FS for Webb... if Jimmy Smith develops. Presently, I can't see it happening.
The problem I do see though is that Webb usually plays in the slot, which is also where Graham had been performing his best also.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Graham or Smith covering guys like AJ Green man to man, but then again, I didn't really like Cary Williams covering him either.

I can't see us drafting a LT this year, because all the good one's will be gone long before we pick. I think if we stay put at 32, we will draft the best defensive lineman or linebacker available.

jacoby jones return skills alone should warrant the front office to keep him when the time comes.

@bio..........I think you are mostly correct. I also believe that Williams and Kruger, will be gone, probably Ed, and maybe Dickson. I would like to keep Leach, however I feel we do not use him enough in the passing game for me to choose him over Boldin. Boldin was a beast and he had a major part to play in getting us to and winning the Super Bowl. IMHO, we resign Boldin if he can work with us on a fair price. IMHO, we used Leach in the run game to try to open holes for Rice but Rice did not break out the kind of runs he has in the past. I want to see Leach catching the ball and steamrolling to the side to the first down marker. No team proved all year that they could stop him, but why we did not keep doing that I have no clue. If Rice had a banner year behind Leach, I would say keep him, but IMHO he did not.

I am not sure I am ready to give up on McKinnie either. We may be able to also resign him at a fair price if he is willing to accept. We learned this year that Oher is not a LT. The key is if he can stay in decent shape, but IMHO he proved he can still play. We have a young line and I believe it will get younger with Gino at Center, because I believe Birk will retire. Since we have no cap space to sign an elite LT and from what I am hearing there are not many NFL ready LT's in this draft. I may consider keeping McKinnie if I were Ozzie.

Even if we have to put the tag on Joe, we will have some money left. Ellerbe is a priority, but I have a feeling Ozzie will get Boldin and McKinnie to work with us a little bit on price, and maybe even Ed. I have a question for you.....Do you think we may have overpaid for Ray Rice?

For some reason I'm getting the feeling that we may be cutting ties w Sizzle in order to keep Kruger. Sizzle is one of my favorite Ravens so would be upset to see him go, but you gotta go with the younger player right?

I'll agree with most of that. It is hard to imagine Reed getting out of here, and I really do hope against hope that the two sides can work it out that he stays. He can pass on his skills if they keep him and he mentors the secondary in more of an assistant coaching capacity. It is heartbreaking, I know. But it is what it is, and it can't be anything more.

cobgrajet...

I got absolutely murdered days after when I said that Ray Rice's contract would be a problem down the road, although I didn't think it would happen this soon. He's dynamic and he's a great player, but he was clearly the 2nd best RB on this team in the playoffs. He isn't $6 million a year better than Bernard Pierce right now, and I have a feeling that contract will look worse in about 2-3 years when his body is breaking down.

I didn't like the contract then, and I don't like it now.

[quote name='Waka Flocka Flacco' timestamp='1360600561' post='1354403']
For some reason I'm getting the feeling that we may be cutting ties w Sizzle in order to keep Kruger. Sizzle is one of my favorite Ravens so would be upset to see him go, but you gotta go with the younger player right?
[/quote]
He was the DPOY last season. He will be back from the injury next season to dominate and Upshaw is coming into his own.

Waka,

I think there's a better chance we let Flacco walk than we let Sizzle go. Kruger isn't half the player Suggs is, and we wouldn't even be discussing this if he didn't tear his achilles.

He's still a foundational player on this team, and easily has 3-4 prime years left.

[quote name='rmcjacket23' timestamp='1360600620' post='1354405']
cobgrajet...

I got absolutely murdered days after when I said that Ray Rice's contract would be a problem down the road, although I didn't think it would happen this soon. He's dynamic and he's a great player, but he was clearly the 2nd best RB on this team in the playoffs. He isn't $6 million a year better than Bernard Pierce right now, and I have a feeling that contract will look worse in about 2-3 years when his body is breaking down.

I didn't like the contract then, and I don't like it now.
[/quote]
I got murdered too brother :)

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1360597916' post='1354355']
A think there are two perfect ways of timing major changes: after a disastrous season and after a triumphant one. The Colts showed how you make major changes after a disastrous season (and the Jets keep showing how you don't) - I guess we have the perfect opportunity of showing how you make the major changes you can't avoid, after a triumphant one. Not as if a winning team needed any major changes of course - but the cap will force Ozzie and Co. to make quite some bold decisions.

The boldest one will, of course, be letting Reed go. As charismatic and key figure as he's been, FL contract offers aren't based on the past, but on the projected future. And Reed's performance has been going down. He still has the moves, the resiliency - and of course the unparalleled football knowledge in his head - but I'm afraid it was the last season he could really be prolific. He'll want way more than we'll be able to afford.

I think Cary Williams is virtually gone and so is Kruger - we won't have the money to keep him in Baltimore. And, from the boldin-Leach tandem - if we have to release one - it will IMHO be Boldin. You replace a good WR sooner than a good full back - and while Boldin is one of the very good WR's Leach is The Best Fullback out there.

My bold prediction is about Ed Dickson, who's a restricted free agent (with Pitta). While Pitta is here to stay, Dickson IMHO failed to show that he's a must-keeep. So, he either accepts a fairly low money deal, or if not, I predict he'll be let go too.

McKinnie... I think he'll be one of the bold moves. He's a free agent, and thoguh he showed that he is the solution, he won't be retained. I guess the FO realizes that this is the perfect time to go younger.

And, of course, there's Birk who I still think will retire. I mean the guy's Harvard smart, he knows there's no best time to retire than with the ring on his hand...

So, the players I think we won't see back are Reed, Cary Williams, Kruger, McKinnie, Ed Dickson, Birk and Igiv a 50% chance to Boldin.

All of them cap casualties, of course - before you go on negating this comment, please realize I'm not saying these players deserve to be cut or let walk - thy will all be casualties.

bio
[/quote]

I agree with all of this, I really think the only person we will bring back will be Ellerbe, and in my opinion he is our biggest priority besides flacco of course. McKinnie did play very well at the end, but we need to find a long term solution at LT. And it isn't Oher. Pitta was a lot better than Dickson obviously, we can sign a TE that can do what he did for a lot less, unless like you said, he takes a small deal. I would rather keep Boldin and Leach, and let Reed, Williams, and i hate to say it, but kruger all walk. Upshaw is ready to step up, Reed isn't the player he was anymore and that is upsetting to say, and Williams is not good, that simple. I think Birk will retire, its the perfect time to go.

I believe if we can sign Flacco before the deadline for the Tag, then I believe we will keep Boldin and Leach.

Offense won't look much different next season, but Defense could look A LOT different come september.

These seismic shifts we are about to experience would be upon us, whether we had won the Super Bowl this year or not. How painful would it be for us to be having these conversations coming off a heart-breaking post-season defeat? Seeing our brass conducting this press conference and discussing these difficult decisions with the Lombardi shining in their presence makes this so much easier.

@Mr. Football............IMHO Joe was the reason that Boldin, Torrey, and Jacoby were the players they were. Joe has to stay, even if we have to put the tag on him. We can make it win the AFC North with Joe and once he gets to the playoffs, he has been turning into a beast............even though he does not beat on his chest :)

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1360600457' post='1354401']
@bio..........I think you are mostly correct. I also believe that Williams and Kruger, will be gone, probably Ed, and maybe Dickson. I would like to keep Leach, however I feel we do not use him enough in the passing game for me to choose him over Boldin. Boldin was a beast and he had a major part to play in getting us to and winning the Super Bowl. IMHO, we resign Boldin if he can work with us on a fair price. IMHO, we used Leach in the run game to try to open holes for Rice but Rice did not break out the kind of runs he has in the past. I want to see Leach catching the ball and steamrolling to the side to the first down marker. No team proved all year that they could stop him, but why we did not keep doing that I have no clue. If Rice had a banner year behind Leach, I would say keep him, but IMHO he did not.

I am not sure I am ready to give up on McKinnie either. We may be able to also resign him at a fair price if he is willing to accept. We learned this year that Oher is not a LT. The key is if he can stay in decent shape, but IMHO he proved he can still play. We have a young line and I believe it will get younger with Gino at Center, because I believe Birk will retire. Since we have no cap space to sign an elite LT and from what I am hearing there are not many NFL ready LT's in this draft. I may consider keeping McKinnie if I were Ozzie.

Even if we have to put the tag on Joe, we will have some money left. Ellerbe is a priority, but I have a feeling Ozzie will get Boldin and McKinnie to work with us a little bit on price, and maybe even Ed. I have a question for you.....Do you think we may have overpaid for Ray Rice?
[/quote]

I am getting that feeling. It could just be that Pierce didn't truly emerge as a runner until after we signed him, and now that we have two options at running back, we can all imagine ourselves cutting the budget at that position. However, one must remember also that Leach was on the sidelines because of CC's play calling, and those plays called probably had a significant impact on how many times Rice got to see the ball. Remember last off-season, we asked if since Rice was signed a big contract, he was going to see less touches? It ended up working out that way, regardless of whether that was intentional or not.

On that note, I think the emergence of the OL also had a big impact. In the passing game, Rice was usually the guy they would dump it off to out of the backfeild in order that you could net SOME yards in situations that the recievers can't get open. So Joe would hit Rice before he took the sack. He didn't get sacked often in the post-season, and with Rice being the last guy in the progression, he was not as big of a factor for many games this year.

Mr Football! I agree that that would be seismic. However, seismic does not mean heedless: this year's QB draft class does not look great. I'd rather go with Tyrod Taylor. But can we really think about this?

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1360600457' post='1354401']

[/quote]

Ellerbe is definitely the priority. I'm kinda up in the air about McKinnie, we need to get younger at LT, but when he is in shape then we don't have anyone that is better on the roster. I think we will retain Boldin, he said if we release him then he will retire, so i think that shows that he will be willin to take less money to stay with us, and i think we can't afford to lose him. I hope we don't lose Leach, he was aactually pretty critical in the passing game.

Did we pay to much for Ray Rice.....well its hard to say. Our OL was shuffled around all season, and Cam wasn't using him right obviously. I think all RB's get overpaid, but if you were in their shoes then they don't get overpaid. Do i think Ray is the best Runner on the team? No, i think Pierce runs better than Rice. But Rice is more dynamic out of the backfield and in open space. Rice is to critical to the offense, but i think reaching his potential under caldwell, Rice's numbers will decrease and Pierces will increase.....

[quote name='J.O.14' timestamp='1360601607' post='1354430']
Ellerbe is definitely the priority. I'm kinda up in the air about McKinnie, we need to get younger at LT, but when he is in shape then we don't have anyone that is better on the roster. I think we will retain Boldin, he said if we release him then he will retire, so i think that shows that he will be willin to take less money to stay with us, and i think we can't afford to lose him. I hope we don't lose Leach, he was aactually pretty critical in the passing game.

Did we pay to much for Ray Rice.....well its hard to say. Our OL was shuffled around all season, and Cam wasn't using him right obviously. I think all RB's get overpaid, but if you were in their shoes then they don't get overpaid. Do i think Ray is the best Runner on the team? No, i think Pierce runs better than Rice. But Rice is more dynamic out of the backfield and in open space. Rice is to critical to the offense, but i think reaching his potential under caldwell, Rice's numbers will decrease and Pierces will increase.....
[/quote]

In that last part i meant to say with Flacco reaching his potential under Caldwell, Rice's numbers will decreae and pierce's will increase.

[quote name='ravens7575' timestamp='1360594386' post='1354303']
[/quote]I think it has to be Reed. Just look at our secondary. Graham and Smith have never started a full season. Webb is more often injured then he is on the field. And who would we put back there to replace Reed? another inexperinced DB? If Joe Flacco is as good as he says he is then he can turn Doss into another Boldin.