Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arnie_uk

Dannell Ellerbe on his way to Baltimore

121 posts in this topic

https://twitter.com/ellerbe59/status/300751937509404672

For good? To sign a new deal? Lift his trainers he left behind?

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1360545985' post='1353813']
[url="https://twitter.com/ellerbe59/status/300751937509404672"]https://twitter.com/...751937509404672[/url]

[/quote]
Oh GOD I hope we re-sign this man. I hope he gets a friendly deal, too. Make it four years. I like him a lot as a player. He played through a lot of injuries this year.

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1360546699' post='1353837']
He did say "Bodymore" - maybe he's just on his way to an aptly named gym? :P
[/quote]

Bodymore Murdaland is slang for Baltimore.

Yes! Let's hope it's him re-signing, from an UDFA to a starter for Ellerbe, Ozzie strikes again!

Oh let this be the start of things to come. Hopefully we'll be able to extend Jacoby and Anquan's contracts to lower their cap hit next.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1360545985' post='1353813']
[url="https://twitter.com/ellerbe59/status/300751937509404672"]https://twitter.com/...751937509404672[/url]

[/quote] we need some good news in Baltimore after all this releasing this and that talk..... dang salary cap.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1360547068' post='1353853']
Bodymore Murdaland is slang for Baltimore.
[/quote]lol I did pick up on that (I'm not that thick you know :P).

Not to be stupid but why would he be signing before Flacco? Shouldn't Joe be signed first so you know exactly how much money you have to work with? Or will this contract talk last months and we cant wait that long to get a deal done...

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1360548158' post='1353902']
Not to be stupid but why would he be signing before Flacco? Shouldn't Joe be signed first so you know exactly how much money you have to work with? Or will this contract talk last months and we cant wait that long to get a deal done...
[/quote]you sign whoever agrees first, first.

[/quote]#Logic

[/quote]

Pretty much it is going to take a while to get Joe done.

[/quote]

If we waited for that, we could possibly lose all of our free agents and not sign anyone.

Joe's deal COULD take some time. You still move forward on other signings. You might also have an idea of the Joe contract already.

If he signs a deal some time next week, sweet. Ellerbe was an animal this past season, especially down the stretch.

Re-signing Ellerbe is going to be huge because I think Jameel and Ellerbe can hold down the ILB position pretty good. That will only make ILB less priority before the draft.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1360549375' post='1353943']
Re-signing Ellerbe is going to be huge because I think Jameel and Ellerbe can hold down the ILB position pretty good. That will only make ILB less priority before the draft.
[/quote]
good point, we can focus on LT, safety and LBs...

[/quote]

Because Joe's not going anywhere. that much the front office has made clear. They know that, and he knows that, and they'll do whatever it takes to keep him - worst comes to worse and they will tag him. Ellerbe is a different story - if they don't reach a deal, it's already been made clear Joe will be the only one to receive the tag if it comes to that.

I really hope this means what I hope it does, and not that he's just coming back to Baltimore after a trip.

Need to sign him to make ILB less of a priority. Can get by with a rookie/ McClain beside him; McClain and a rookie not so much.