Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jberta1

2013-14 schedule, what do you think?

28 posts in this topic

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-26/sports/bal-ravens-will-play-patriots-and-packers-next-season-20121226_1_pro-bowl-teams-ravens-houston-texans

I live in Michigan so I'll get to go to a game this year, which makes me pretty excited. We have some good match-ups next season. Besides the black and yellow, which game(s) are you looking forward to most?

Looks like no cross country games for us. Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo and Miami may be the furthest but they're not too far away.

Playing a lot of cold weather teams too.

[b]HOME[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals [b]W[/b]
Cleveland Browns [b]W[/b]
Pittsburgh Steelers [b]W[/b]
New England Patriots [b]W[/b]
New York Jets [b]W[/b]
Houston Texans [b]W[/b]
Green Bay Packers [b]L[/b]
Minnesota Vikings. [b]W[/b]

[b]AWAY[/b]
Cincinnati Bengals, [b]L[/b]
Buffalo Bills [b]W[/b] ( I MIGHT be going to this one )
Miami Dolphins [b]w[/b]
Denver Broncos [b]L[/b]
Chicago Bears [b]W[/b]
Detroit Lions. [b]L[/b]

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1360544861' post='1353773']
Looks like no cross country games for us. Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo and Miami may be the furthest but they're not too far away.

Playing a lot of cold weather teams too.
[/quote]

I didn't notice that, hopefully it serves us well.

[quote name='jberta1' timestamp='1360546355' post='1353821']
I didn't notice that, hopefully it serves us well.
[/quote]NVM my mistake. Denver is the furthest, but depending on when it's scheduled and how it's bookended, hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.

We know Peyton and that D will be itching for revenge.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1360545644' post='1353803']
[b]HOME[/b]

New York Jets [b]W[/b]
Houston Texans [b]W[/b]

[b]AWAY[/b]
Miami Dolphins [b]w[/b]
Denver Broncos [b]L[/b]
Chicago Bears [b]W[/b]
Detroit Lions. [b]L[/b]
[/quote]

I have to ask the question.....how do you have us losing to Detroit?!

Or the Packers even.

I get Denver, eh maybe Cincy at their House. I mean, at least they have somewhat of a defense but the Packers? Unless there is drastic improvement I could see Flacco & Co destroying that secondary.

And Detroit? Man, let me in on the thought process.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1360547496' post='1353878']

Or the Packers even.

I get Denver, eh maybe Cincy at their House. I mean, at least they have somewhat of a defense but the Packers? Unless there is drastic improvement I could see Flacco & Co destroying that secondary.

[/quote]But you don't see A-Rod destroying ours? Even with Webb back covering, I don't see how our line can penetrate their o-line (especially with Kruger and potentially Art jones gone).

I just love people who calculate wins on paper. I never make predictions because every weekend someone gets bumped off who shouldn't so... One game at a time

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1360545644' post='1353803']
[b]HOME[/b]

New York Jets [b]W[/b]
Houston Texans [b]W[/b]

[b]AWAY[/b]
Miami Dolphins [b]w[/b]
Denver Broncos [b]L[/b]
Chicago Bears [b]W[/b]
Detroit Lions. [b]L[/b]
[/quote]
Straight off, at home, I can see a loss to the Pack, Texans, and Patriots. Away I can see losses to the Broncos, Bears, and Bengals. This is without the draft and without adding or losing any free agents. Vs. Vikings and @Lions could also be losses depending on the scheduling.

However, it's way too early for this. We might as well be trying to predict the 2013 roster. The time for predictions is after OTAs and the preseason.

Tough schedule as usual, but that's the price for being a winner. I hope we get to play Pit in week 1.
I'm just pissed that Denver, the #1 seed in the AFC, has the easiest schedule. Shouldn't it be someone who, you know, actually struggled a bit?

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1360547864' post='1353891']
But you don't see A-Rod destroying ours? Even with Webb back covering, I don't see how our line can penetrate their o-line (especially with Kruger and [b]potentially Art jones gone[/b]).
[/quote]

How will Art Jones be gone? He's a RFA, we're gonna slap a 1st or 2nd round tender on him. Doubt anyone gives us that.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1360550479' post='1353970']
How will Art Jones be gone? He's a RFA, we're gonna slap a 1st or 2nd round tender on him. Doubt anyone gives us that.
[/quote]Oh didn't realise that - I thought he was unrestricted.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1360547496' post='1353878']

Or the Packers even.

[/quote]

Resting our starters :D

No, the Lions was a typo truthfuly.

Packs, Rogers is very good.
I would not be heart broken at that loss.

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1360561622' post='1354144']
No trip to san diego? must be a miracle !
[/quote]
Exactly what I was thinking, that was seriously getting old!

[quote name='jberta1' timestamp='1360544346' post='1353754']
[url="http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-26/sports/bal-ravens-will-play-patriots-and-packers-next-season-20121226_1_pro-bowl-teams-ravens-houston-texans"]http://articles.balt...-houston-texans[/url]

I live in Michigan so I'll get to go to a game this year, which makes me pretty excited. We have some good match-ups next season. Besides the black and yellow, which game(s) are you looking forward to most?
[/quote]

As we've been saying for a while... the home slate of opponents looks really fun.

I'm not even as excited to see the Steelers game as I would be to see:

Minnesota Vikings with Adrian Peterson!
Houston Texans... starting to develop into a nice little rivalry, former players, and of course revenge for the Ravens
New England Patriots... this is really the only reason I believe they need Suggs back. Because he annoys the hell out of Brady like no other pass rusher!
Green Bay Packers... they have the potential to be great, and never count out a QB who can throw AND run like Rodgers.

Heck, even that game against the Jets will be kind of fun. (Can't believe they are sticking with Sanchez.)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how anything about the schedules is ever fair.

How does Denver, first round bye, division winner, get the easiest schedule next season? Really? How does that work out like that? Are we giving Peyton a pity schedule to see if he can manage a SB before he retires or what? Seems like Indy always had a fairly easy schedule as well when he was there. Hmmm.....

Oh well. I hate to pick wins and losses until I've seen some playing going on. Things can change so drastically at this point.

Check out the strength of our schedule this year...Look who has the easiest

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137115/article/2013-nfl-strength-of-schedule-released"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137115/article/2013-nfl-strength-of-schedule-released[/url]

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1360599331' post='1354379']
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how anything about the schedules is ever fair.

How does Denver, first round bye, division winner, get the easiest schedule next season? Really? How does that work out like that? Are we giving Peyton a pity schedule to see if he can manage a SB before he retires or what? Seems like Indy always had a fairly easy schedule as well when he was there. Hmmm.....

Oh well. I hate to pick wins and losses until I've seen some playing going on. Things can change so drastically at this point.
[/quote]

They opponents are set years in advance. I can tell you exactly who the Ravens will play for the next 4 years all but 2said opponents per year.

Only 2 opponents are determined by your win loss record from the pervious year. For example, the 2014 opponents are already set, it's just a matter of when and where. The Ravens will play the Steelers, Browns and Bengals twice. They'll also play Indy, Hou, Ten, Jax, Atl, NO, Car, TB and 2 games will be against teams from the AFC East and West.

The Ravens always have a tough SOS because they play in the toughest Division in the NFL and they always finish 1st or 2mds so they play the 1st or 2nd place teams from the 2 AFC Divisions that aren't set.

[quote name='Ravensfan23' timestamp='1360643136' post='1355163']
They opponents are set years in advance. I can tell you exactly who the Ravens will play for the next 4 years all but 2said opponents per year.

Only 2 opponents are determined by your win loss record from the pervious year. For example, the 2014 opponents are already set, it's just a matter of when and where. The Ravens will play the Steelers, Browns and Bengals twice. They'll also play Indy, Hou, Ten, Jax, Atl, NO, Car, TB and 2 games will be against teams from the AFC East and West.

The Ravens always have a tough SOS because they play in the toughest Division in the NFL and they always finish 1st or 2mds so they play the 1st or 2nd place teams from the 2 AFC Divisions that aren't set.
[/quote]

Yeah it came back to me how they had changed that. Once upon a time in the NFL, the difficulty of your schedule was determined (primarily, outside your division) by how well you did the prior year. I do recall now that they changed that particular scheduling. Now it is the Divisional match-ups primarily and only 2 games determined by your placement.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1360646251' post='1355212']
Yeah it came back to me how they had changed that. Once upon a time in the NFL, the difficulty of your schedule was determined (primarily, outside your division) by how well you did the prior year. I do recall now that they changed that particular scheduling. Now it is the Divisional match-ups primarily and only 2 games determined by your placement.
[/quote]

It used to be much more awkward and subjective, though. Back in the '80s you'd sometimes have non-division opponents playing each other twice in a season, often just a few weeks apart.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1360549171' post='1353934']
Tough schedule as usual, but that's the price for being a winner. I hope we get to play Pit in week 1.
I'm just pissed that Denver, the #1 seed in the AFC, has the easiest schedule. Shouldn't it be someone who, you know, actually struggled a bit?
[/quote]
They get the easiest schedule because they play 2 games against Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs, which is 6 wins right there, plus a few other opponents do to the way the NFL is set up. But it doesn't matter for the Broncos in the playoffs since Peyton Manning chokes in the playoffs