#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

http://profootballta...d-both-be-gone/

Not trying to discuss whether or not he stays, but assuming they release him, should we make a run for him?

He shouldn't demand too much. He is an amazing receiver but has just fit in with the string of receivers unable to produce in the Patriots complex offense. He makes the toughest catches look easy and at a fairly low price would make a great addition.

2yno6dx.png

#2 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

no, personally I think since the Flacco contract is going to take up a lot of room, and judging by the limited amount we have now, we are trying to figure something out to keep SOME of our guys here instead of releasing them. im more concerned with that right now lol.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Overrated...

Had one good season way back when (someone on this board was calling him the best WR in football) but hasn't done anything since. He's a system guy like Deion Branch, Stallworth, etc were for the Pats.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#4 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Overrated...

Had one good season way back when (someone on this board was calling him the best WR in football) but hasn't done anything since. He's a system guy like Deion Branch, Stallworth, etc were for the Pats.

The season he had McDaniels as a head coach.

So no thanks. Like you said, he's just a system guy. He's only had 1 season where he went over 1000 yards/10 TDs. His next best season was with the Rams, when he had 700 yards, 5 Tds. I'm good. Take the money and give it to Boldin/Jones.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#5 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm surprised they'd consider releasing him, considering how Welker probably won't be coming back.

#6 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

The season he had McDaniels as a head coach.

So no thanks. Like you said, he's just a system guy. He's only had 1 season where he went over 1000 yards/10 TDs. His next best season was with the Rams, when he had 700 yards, 5 Tds. I'm good. Take the money and give it to Boldin/Jones.

Well you pretty much said it...Look at his teams. 49ers Redskins Bears Broncos. 49ers had a terrible offense, Redskins were awful, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton and Tebow for quarterbacks. The sad excuse for a Rams offense. And for the Pats, many receiver fail because they are required to make multiple reads on plays while the Patriots have 3 targets ahead of him with Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker.

He hasn't really been put in a situation where he could produce. Also his price tag will probably be less than 5 million.

Edited by dhstandard, 10 February 2013 - 08:21 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#7 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

His game is very one dimensional in my opinion. An outside the numbers guy will little or no YAC ability. I think Miami should go after him especially if they get Jennings.

#8 beasy2487

beasy2487

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Not trying to discuss whether or not he stays, but assuming they release him, should we make a run for him?

He shouldn't demand too much. He is an amazing receiver but has just fit in with the string of receivers unable to produce in the Patriots complex offense. He makes the toughest catches look easy and at a fairly low price would make a great addition.

No simply because he's soft. Wears down over the course of games, dives to the ground to avoid contact, and isn't great blocking the run. 6 games in the AFC North would not bode well for his production over the course of a season in my opinion.

Edited by beasy2487, 10 February 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#9 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

We have enough pass catchers, and more than enough guys who need to get retained.
Remember, teams that focus on the draft tend to have more success than teams like Detroit and Phili that go crazy in free agency.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#10 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm surprised they'd consider releasing him, considering how Welker probably won't be coming back.

Bellichik has a plan. He always does.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Well you pretty much said it...Look at his teams. 49ers Redskins Bears Broncos. 49ers had a terrible offense, Redskins were awful, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton and Tebow for quarterbacks. The sad excuse for a Rams offense. And for the Pats, many receiver fail because they are required to make multiple reads on plays while the Patriots have 3 targets ahead of him with Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker.

He hasn't really been put in a situation where he could produce. Also his price tag will probably be less than 5 million.

Good receivers can find a way to produce. He's going to be 32, you basically know what you have with him.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#12 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Bellichik has a plan. He always does.

I hope that plan is Randy Moss. I want to see him back in New England.

#13 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I forgot about his option bonus. The Pats will net like $3 million in cap space so the move makes a lot of sense actually.

Edited by T3hRaven, 11 February 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

He gets a lot of credit for making some spectacular catches that don't seem possible. However, he's just not as great as has been lead on for awhile now. We have better options.

#15 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

No simply because he's soft. Wears down over the course of games, dives to the ground to avoid contact, and isn't great blocking the run. 6 games in the AFC North would not bode well for his production over the course of a season in my opinion.

wow, he said it all about Brandon in 1 sentence...lol

He's fitted well in the NFC, not in the physical AFC where Ravens and Steelers will crush him in dirt.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#16 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Nah, I beleive Boldin will be the last veteran receiver on this team for a while. We finally have a skillful young WR of the future in Torrey Smith, so we will continue with him as our number 1 receiver and build around him via the draft or young cheap FAs. Lloyd cant separate from CBs anymore, he is not much of a deep threat like he was with...hahaha Kyle Orton, and he seems to just run the back shoulder fade constantly. In 2012 he was targeted around 8-10 times a game and failed to eclipse 1000yards. or 5 TDs. He is coming up on 32 yrs old, he needs to go somewhere like Arizona or Kansas City where revamping the passing game is a need, and they have the money to afford a risk/reward inconsistent type player

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#17 Guest_nflfan123_*

Guest_nflfan123_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

He's too old and over the hill. Plus he's probably going to ask for a lot of money.

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I predict he'll either become a Viking or Brown.

Ravens should have no business with them
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#19 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

We have enough pass catchers, and more than enough guys who need to get retained.
Remember, teams that focus on the draft tend to have more success than teams like Detroit and Phili that go crazy in free agency.

Your acting like this guy is a 10 million a year free agent...He is only due around 4-5 million this season and the Patriots want to cut him. Putting down a few million on a pretty good receiver is a bargain.

2yno6dx.png

#20 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

First MIA, then NE? Guess the AFC East wasn't for him.

Not sure who you're confusing him with (Marshall, maybe?) but Lloyd never played for Miami.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users