Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sizzlebshu

Percy Harvin to be traded?!

35 posts in this topic

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade"]http://www.nfl.com/n...cy-harvin-trade[/url]

Please go get this guy Ozzie. Would love to have him altho with cap its unlikely.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1360532432' post='1353259']
No money bro.....

Would love another stud WR tho.
[/quote]
Agreed

Flacco is gonna cost us a few players, but we can free up some money to resign a few guys. Of course that will cost us a few.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1360531968' post='1353246']
[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade"]http://www.nfl.com/n...cy-harvin-trade[/url]

Please go get this guy Ozzie. Would love to have him altho with cap its unlikely.
[/quote]
[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1360532432' post='1353259']
No money bro.....

Would love another stud WR tho.
[/quote]
Not only money, but the fact that we really don't need any more pass catchers and don't forget we have some guy named Jacoby Jones as our main return man.

He isn't even that expensive but it's a contract season for him so he might turn into a expensive guy after the next season.
BUT in my opinion is Percy Harvin to inconsistent!

Maybe Tom and Bill trying to bring him to New England.
So he could replace Welker, who also turned in to be inconsistent...

[quote name='GermanRaven' timestamp='1360538237' post='1353405']
He isn't even that expensive but it's a contract season for him so he might turn into a expensive guy after the next season.
[b]BUT in my opinion is Percy Harvin to inconsistent![/b]

Maybe Tom and Bill trying to bring him to New England.
So he could replace Welker, who also turned in to be inconsistent...
[/quote]

How is he inconsistent? He banged up quite often but when he's on the field, there aren't any WRs in the league with his combinations of quickness, explosion and YAC ability.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360538791' post='1353429']
How is he inconsistent? He banged up quite often but when he's on the field, there aren't any WRs in the league with his combinations of quickness, explosion and YAC ability.
[/quote]

When he plays he is great, the only question mark I have is health.

He'll probably go to NE or the Colts or even the Bengals. Most of them have ample cap room (especially Cinc) and NE doesn't have to give a new contract to a QB.

Would've been too expensive draft-pick-wise anyway.

[/quote]

Ok maybe i expressed myself a bit miserable here.
Harvin is of course a big threat and a great boost to any team BUT only if he can stay healthy and this was a big problem for him the last years.
I thought he could get 100 receptions easiley last year but then he just got injured again or at least it looked like, until i read this trade article here.

[/quote]yeah inconsistent probably isnt the word he should have used but the guy is broken goods. Catches about 70% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage and cant stay healthy. He just isnt reliable for an entire 16 game season. I personally wouldn't touch him with a 60ft pole, but hey some people love his talent.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1360540963' post='1353543']
yeah inconsistent probably isnt the word he should have used but the guy is broken goods. Catches about 70% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage and cant stay healthy. He just isnt reliable for an entire 16 game season. I personally wouldn't touch him with a 60ft pole, but hey some people love his talent.
[/quote]

He's utilized that way primarily because of his skill-set. As we saw during Favre's one good season there, the guy can operate as a typical WR with a good QB. I can't deny his durability is a huge issue but I'd wager he still has at least several years of great per-game production left in him.

3rd round pick and wants around 10 million a year. I'd say he'd be worth it, but not with more pressing needs. We can't afford a commodity. I'd rather spend 10 mil on a LT than a WR who is injury prone and has character concerns especially lack of effort.

We need team leaders. Veteran guys who set by example. That's a major reason why I want to keep Boldin. Were losing Ray and maybe even Ed...Suggs is a leader but not really a role model in how to act.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1360533016' post='1353286']
Agreed

Flacco is gonna cost us a few players, but we can free up some money to resign a few guys. Of course that will cost us a few.
[/quote] my thoughts exactly. FLacco is going to cost the team a few players at the very LEAST and judging by the fact that teams were/are LINING up like seagulls on the beach at the ready to snag the best of the food, The Ravens decision has got to now be one choice. since teams were "more than willing to pay the 2 first round draft picks and the mega contract"

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360541717' post='1353594']

He's utilized that way primarily because of his skill-set. As we saw during Favre's one good season there, the guy can operate as a typical WR with a good QB. I can't deny his durability is a huge issue but I'd wager he still has at least several years of great per-game production left in him.
[/quote]I just dont see the Value considering the type of money he wants. We have a better returner and we have better receivers.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1360543329' post='1353697']
I just dont see the Value considering the type of money he wants. We have a better returner and we have better receivers.
[/quote]

I'm not advocating the Ravens pursue him. I was just commenting on his ability as a player.

It will never happen but I think he would fit us perfectly. I would love to have him, he's a top 10 WR in the league imo. Also extremely versatile.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360543889' post='1353725']
It will never happen but I think he would fit us perfectly. I would love to have him, [b]he's a top 10 WR in the league[/b] imo. Also extremely versatile.
[/quote]I respect your opinion but there is no way he is a top 10 receiver in the league. You could argue him being the top all around weapon.

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1360543097' post='1353679']
my thoughts exactly. FLacco is going to cost the team a few players at the very LEAST and judging by the fact that teams were/are LINING up like seagulls on the beach at the ready to snag the best of the food, The Ravens decision has got to now be one choice. since teams were "more than willing to pay the 2 first round draft picks and the mega contract"
[/quote]

People are waaay overestimating Flaccos contract. We said the same thing about Rice. Plus the deal will probably be structured to give most of his money in 2015 and later when the cap spikes.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1360545517' post='1353797']
I respect your opinion but there is no way he is a top 10 receiver in the league. You could argue him being the top all around weapon.
[/quote]
Very well then, lol.
Calvin,Larry,Green,Jones,Marshall,Jennings,Nicks,Andre,White,Harvin.

That's my top 10. You could argue for Welker,Vincent Jackson,D Thomas, Dez or Cruz. I just think he's the most dangerous deep threat in football. Imagine if he had a better QB...Just my opinion.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1360545843' post='1353809']
People are waaay overestimating Flaccos contract. We said the same thing about Rice. Plus the deal will probably be structured to give most of his money in 2015 and later when the cap spikes.
[/quote]until its al lsaid and done and over with its all just speculation, in which fans tend to fear the worst lol

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360546273' post='1353819']
Very well then, lol.
Calvin,Larry,Green,Jones,Marshall,Jennings,Nicks,Andre,White,Harvin.

That's my top 10. You could argue for Welker,Vincent Jackson,D Thomas, Dez or Cruz. I just think he's the most dangerous deep threat in football. Imagine if he had a better QB...Just my opinion.
[/quote]Oh come on man LOL there is no way you can honestly think of him as the most dangerous deep threat

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1360546830' post='1353844']
Oh come on man LOL there is no way you can honestly think of him as the most dangerous deep threat
[/quote]
Speed wise yes. He's also got the best moves imo. His versatility is what really makes me like him

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360547054' post='1353852']
Speed wise yes. He's also got the best moves imo. His versatility is what really makes me like him
[/quote]He wont live in the AFC north and I'll leave it at that.

[quote name='Cville&#045;Raven' timestamp='1360547199' post='1353860']
He wont live in the AFC north and I'll leave it at that.
[/quote]haha alright

Injury Prone...at its finest. He is like Darren McFadden...both have immense talent and could be top 5-10 in their positions if they could stay healthy a full season, but they are 2 of the most injury prone players in the league.

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1360546513' post='1353829']
until its al lsaid and done and over with its all just speculation, in which fans tend to fear the worst lol
[/quote]

At least were operating in "worst case scenario" in terms of the cap. Lol.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1360635691' post='1355045']
At least were operating in "worst case scenario" in terms of the cap. Lol.
[/quote] literally. AND im dreading every minute of it. lol.