#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

http://profootballta...the-postseason/

Before the playoffs even started and Flacco was only an "average" quarterback in most people's eyes, Teams were ready to give up 2 1st round picks and a ton of cap space to sign Flacco.

Just shows how ungrateful people are. Least everyone knows the truth now.

Edited by dhstandard, 10 February 2013 - 03:30 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#2 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

We knew what we had in Flacco even before this season started. The people that hate on him hate on everybody.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#3 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,964 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

This is why we must come to some agreement on a long term contract and not using the Franchise Tag for $20 Million. I would hate to put the non-exclusive tag on him just because it is cheaper and risk losing him.

#4 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

i'm not gonna lie, i am one that rode Joe hard this past season and probably will do it again next if he plays like garbage. lol! but i did it because i knew Joe could be a great QB and wanted to see him play like one badly but he wasn't demonstrating it (at times) on a consistent basis. sure, a lot of that was due to Cam handcuffing him and holding him back and the 0-line stinking up the joint earlier in the season until they shuffled them around. once they did that...Joe started picking defenses apart! so now, i am happy for Joe Flacco getting all of the props and praise he deserves. congrats on the MVP Joe and next season....we get to do it all over again! let's go Joe!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#5 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Not bad for a middle of the pack, average at best QB that gets carried by his team.
sarcasm^

Edited by Crabcakes&Football, 10 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#6 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Before the playoffs even started and Flacco was only an "average" quarterback in most people's eyes, Teams were ready to give up 2 1st round picks and a ton of cap space to sign Flacco.

I knew this. Teams that ride the QB carousel get sick from the ride and will eventually make the necessary moves to get a QB (Mortaging the future).

Their are plenty of teams that would love to have a winning young Qb on their team. Some teams are really only missing that piece to be a contender. That is why a steep price is worth it.
Posted Image

#7 Raven Hammer

Raven Hammer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Who didn't know it was going to cost us a ton to keep Joe. Everybody knows that you can't win if you don't have a front line QB. Some people in this town may not know just what we have in Flacco, but there are 31 other teams that do. Keep this in mind the cap baloons in 2015. If we can keep Joe's cap number under control till then we will be ok. Joe has to realize it too, and he wants to win just as bad as anyone. With a high price QB, Ozzie and Steve will have to learn what NE's, Green Bays and NO's FO has had to learn. How to build a winner with one player taking up 20% of the cap. Draft picks will become even more important. Lucky for us we have the wizard of OZ.

#8 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

It really hit me earlier this weekend once we got rid of Cam joe won the SB AND was the MVP.

#9 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

This is why we must come to some agreement on a long term contract and not using the Franchise Tag for $20 Million. I would hate to put the non-exclusive tag on him just because it is cheaper and risk losing him.

Sorry I meant to give you a positive vote.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#10 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,964 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Teams are ready to steal him to make up for the fact they can't find their own Franchise QB so they want to steal someone else's franchise quarterback. So essentially we could lose Joe because of some teams inability to not find Franchise quarterbacks.

#11 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

First comment I agree with "some teams like who?"
The scenario just lists that if the downs wanted to screw Baltimore over they could but it doesn't mean they would

#12 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

There's nothing to really worry about, Flacco will be a Raven. If Ozzie has to slap the exclusive on him at the cost of losing Kruger, Williams, Reed, McKinnie etc then he's going to do it. But Flacco will be a Raven for the next 5+ years.

It is interesting to note that teams were ready to put all their chips into the Flacco camp even though the media thought he was nothing more than middling QB.

#13 i82much

i82much

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

We knew what we had in Flacco even before this season started. The people that hate on him hate on everybody.

I dunno. I was really afraid when we went through that bad stretch that Joe had reached his ceiling. As I recall, he had quite a few turnovers down that stretch, a few strip sacks, just not good. I can honestly say I never once put it all on Joe, but at the time I was really questioning his awareness and not super-optimistic about his ceiling.

So whether that's "hate" I don't know. I was never really sure. Now, it seems pretty clear to me that he is a guy that, given protection, is every bit as good as any other QB in the league. Whether those strip-sack issues will show up again, or he'll have more games where he can't find a rhythm, well, probably. But, to be fair, even the greats aren't great every game.

#14 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Phil Simms said it best on Inside the NFL, when he said that what he learned after the Super Bowl is that it's amazing how many people can't admit they were wrong about Joe Flacco. It's laughable to hear so called experts say that if you were to re-draft, Flacco still would be taken in the top 10 of QBs.

The best of Flacco has yet to come. I've expected huge seasons from Flacco the last two year and while he's shown flashes, lack of a OC that schemes well has hurt him. He's at flaut as well, but we've seen enough from Joe under Caldwell to get a good idea that Cam has held him back. I expect Flacco to really shine next year, I mean regular season MVP type shine. No that's not super bowl excitement talking as I also predicted Flacco Super Bowl run. I just think he's reached that level where he expects to be the best player on the field at all times and his players feel the same way.

I reallyy enjoy watching Sound FX and other wired shows because players let you know what they really feel on the sidelines and opposing players really showed Flacco respect. It'll be interesting to see where Flacco will rank on the Top 100 this year and who will talk about him. Talking heads might not still respect Flacco or they might continue to say the Ravens need to run the ball to be successful, but players, coaches and other personnel around the NFL knows Flacco is a STUD.

Good thing the Ravens know it too.

mj5v69.jpg

#15 Runnin Raven

Runnin Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Anybody remember the comments by an "unnamed opposing coach" that he'd be shocked if Flacco had a breakout year? OK, the season was "meh" statistically - until it really counted. :D
TOUCHDOWN RAVENS!!

#16 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Kinda means nothing. They dont list teams obviously, but they really dont give us much in terms of making us think this was gonna happen. Even if it is true, this could just be something a divisional rival is throwing out there in order to force us into using the exclusive tag.

#17 plesiosaur

plesiosaur

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

There's nothing to really worry about, Flacco will be a Raven. If Ozzie has to slap the exclusive on him at the cost of losing Kruger, Williams, Reed, McKinnie etc then he's going to do it. But Flacco will be a Raven for the next 5+ years.

It is interesting to note that teams were ready to put all their chips into the Flacco camp even though the media thought he was nothing more than middling QB.

I dunno how long he'll be liking his job if they start trading away his oline.

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I can easily think of more teams that would want Flacco than teams that would not.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#19 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,460 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Off topic, but LOL at the comments. Some of those guys are just dumb!!!

#20 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I dunno how long he'll be liking his job if they start trading away his oline.

Well it's just the one piece at LT with McKinnie. However I guess McKinnie has informally talked with Harbaugh about returning. But there are going to be new faces in positions again, new young kids. Don't be surprised if we go with Reid at LG again, for some reason the FO likes him there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users